Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ragin Cajuns NSD Signings List UPDATED

basinbear is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CrappDaddy View Post
    I noticed yesterday that's Surgent was listed as a 2011 recruit by 247 but he was definitely a bustle recruit.
    Yes he was a Bustle 2 star recruit.....

Default Re: Football Recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    Where's the thread about our recruiting class ? I've been out of town since the day before signing day and I see where the class we signed is ranked #11 in the SBC by 247 Sports. I thought we'd lined up a better class than what we ended up with. What happened?
    Lost two commitments last minute to SEC schools Ole Miss (Knight) and MS St. (Jones). Add FL Atlantic signed Southall. Also lost Gooden who earlier narrowed his list to three P5 schools. Bottom line, coaching staff did excellent job considering first time early signing period was completed prior to staff being in place and very late start handicapped us. Napier is very pleased with kids we signed... now we watch their growth under this new staff!

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    Where's the thread about our recruiting class ? I've been out of town since the day before signing day and I see where the class we signed is ranked #11 in the SBC by 247 Sports. I thought we'd lined up a better class than what we ended up with. What happened?
    Further to your question; good article with explanation of recruit losses to SEC SCHOOLS:

Follow the link below to view the article.

http://lafayettedailyadv.la.newsmemo...reid=35db57992

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KapCajun View Post
    Further to your question; good article with explanation of recruit losses to SEC SCHOOLS:

Follow the link below to view the article.

http://lafayettedailyadv.la.newsmemo...reid=35db57992
    How about the recruiting loss to Georgia State? Dungy....

Gooden, Knight and Jones are reasonable. Losing two linemen to FAU and Georgia State is a concern.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post

Gooden, Knight and Jones are reasonable. Losing two linemen to FAU and Georgia State is a concern.
    Also 1 to north texas and 1 to Ark state

Im a glass half full type guy but this is not a good class .. blame it on the time constraints but if we have another one like it we will be is deep ____

Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.

That will stop when Napier gives them more reasons to come here, like a 10 win season or a national ranking, or beating SEC schools.

Point is, what we are missing is street cred. We can hire anybody in the world and pay them all of the money in the world, but until we SHOW them that there is a new sheriff in town, not much will change.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post

Im a glass half full type guy but this is not a good class .. blame it on the time constraints but if we have another one like it we will be is deep ____
    If we get the last two scholly's filled with a DT and OT, I would say a grade of B. The "B" is for laying the base foundation for the next class. This class is similar to Hudspeth's first in that I believe a number of these signees will be major contributors eventually.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    That will stop when Napier gives them more reasons to come here, like a 10 win season or a national ranking, or beating SEC schools.

Point is, what we are missing is street cred. We can hire anybody in the world and pay them all of the money in the world, but until we SHOW them that there is a new sheriff in town, not much will change.
    Right now, I'm giving him the benefit of doubt that it will stop after this season. But both of those had nothing to do with lack of staff or a timetable, just closing the deal.

If we get the last two scholly's filled with a DT and OT, I would say a grade of B. The "B" is for laying the base foundation for the next class. This class is similar to Hudspeth's first in that I believe a number of these signees will be major contributors eventually.
    I think the 2 Maxes will be studs Smith will be moved to a roll similar to Malone

Porter needs to lose 50lbs and learn how to fight off blocks the rest are ST players

Clutch0364 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I think the 2 Maxes will be studs Smith will be moved to a roll similar to Malone

Porter needs to lose 50lbs and learn how to fight off blocks the rest are ST players
    I'll bet you that Moncrief is a starter more sooner than later.

Not only time constraints but only about 30% of the pool of eligibles were still out there because of the early signing period. I have faith with a full year to work with this staff will do much better.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Ragin Cajuns NSD Signings List UPDATED

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    I'll bet you that Moncrief is a starter more sooner than later.
    And I'll bet you Butler and Cordova will be starters eventually as well.

Clutch0364 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

And I'll bet you Butler and Cordova will be starters eventually as well.
    I agree.

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

It will be interesting as to what level these new guys and existing players can be coached to perform to a higher level..... one area of improvement mentioned was nutrition and with it leaner players.... I assume as all coaches that there is room that these guys can be coached to a higher level...... besides technique, a sense of less penalties and ball retention along with a different philosophy of off and def schemes...... and there ya go, wishing that we get the next rung up the ladder from Faulkinberry through the present..... Geaux Cajuns!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post

You nailed it here. We are nothing more than a fancy FCS school to most people until we do what you said. We are paying this staff like we have already made the jump to a premier G5 school. Napier and co need to make it happen....soon.

Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    You nailed it here. We are nothing more than a fancy FCS school to most people until we do what you said. We are paying this staff like we have already made the jump to a premier G5 school. Napier and co need to make it happen....soon.

Key to do that is to develop quickly the talent that is already on campus. No one expects the recruiting class to fix all our problems. No way to prove that players are being coached up until the actual games start. As far as the staff goes, we had to improve what assistants get to attract the quality of guys we did. I think it was very wise to let the assistants have so much air time at the signing day function. Getting a guy like Jabbar Juluke will allow us to get back into New Orleans which has been a negative since Rebowe left. Getting a successful FCS head coach like Ron Roberts to leave that position in order to become a coordinator here was eye opening to me. If you have not seen the video of the assistants introducing themselves last Wednesday, I hope it is still available. That is what gives me confidence a plan is in place here. As far as Coach Napier goes, he is not a rah rah guy like his predecessor. He has a quiet confidence about him and a plan to achieve his goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Key to do that is to develop quickly the talent that is already on campus. No one expects the recruiting class to fix all our problems. No way to prove that players are being coached up until the actual games start. As far as the staff goes, we had to improve what assistants get to attract the quality of guys we did. I think it was very wise to let the assistants have so much air time at the signing day function. Getting a guy like Jabbar Juluke will allow us to get back into New Orleans which has been a negative since Rebowe left. Getting a successful FCS head coach like Ron Roberts to leave that position in order to become a coordinator here was eye opening to me. If you have not seen the video of the assistants introducing themselves last Wednesday, I hope it is still available. That is what gives me confidence a plan is in place here. As far as Coach Napier goes, he is not a rah rah guy like his predecessor. He has a quiet confidence about him and a plan to achieve his goals.
    This!

I can do without a rah rah guy as HC for a while. Give me properly taught X's and O's techniques and I don't care if he bores me to sleep at press conferences.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    It will be interesting as to what level these new guys and existing players can be coached to perform to a higher level..... one area of improvement mentioned was nutrition and with it leaner players.... I assume as all coaches that there is room that these guys can be coached to a higher level...... besides technique, a sense of less penalties and ball retention along with a different philosophy of off and def schemes...... and there ya go, wishing that we get the next rung up the ladder from Faulkinberry through the present..... Geaux Cajuns!!!
    Even when you write a coherent thought I can spot a Boomer post a mile away.

BeauCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard1280 View Post
    Even when you write a coherent thought I can spot a Boomer post a mile away.
    He tried to confuse us by not throwing in a Jesuit, Tulane or latech reference.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast