_ _ _ _
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17
Results 321 to 335 of 335

Thread: Ragin' Cajuns National Signing Day Live

  1. #321
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    6,925

    Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns National Signing Day Live

    Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    C+, Would have liked to see one more Strong Side Defensive End, Offensive Tackle, and a playmaker at defensive back.
    Any pictures or video of last night's event? Nothing on RaginCajuns.com except an article listing the recruits. How was the event? Well attended? Well done?

  2. #322
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Any pictures or video of last night's event? Nothing on RaginCajuns.com except an article listing the recruits. How was the event? Well attended? Well done?
    Katc website has an article on signing day with a short clip of the event. Ragin Cajuns Athletics Facebook page has pictures. I would say about 500 in attendance. The university served free beer soft drinks as well as jambalaya.

  3. #323
    CajunAmos's Avatar
    CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    6,259

    Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns National Signing Day Live

    Quote Originally Posted by Ole Colony View Post
    Katc website has an article on signing day with a short clip of the event. Ragin Cajuns Athletics Facebook page has pictures. I would say about 500 in attendance. The university served free beer soft drinks as well as jambalaya.
    Pretty sure the beer was Schilling and the jambalaya was from the Jambalaya Shop (Brad Topham).

  4. #324
    BeauCajun's Avatar
    BeauCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Erath, La.
    Posts
    6,748

    Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns National Signing Day Live

    And the whole event was sponsored by Gulf Coast Bank.


  5. #325
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    20,308
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns National Signing Day Live

    Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    And the whole event was sponsored by Gulf Coast Bank.
    GCB has been very consistent with this sponsorship.

    Thanks

  6. #326
    Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    7,391

    Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns National Signing Day Live

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Any pictures or video of last night's event? Nothing on RaginCajuns.com except an article listing the recruits. How was the event? Well attended? Well done?

    I am sure the cold rain hurt the crowd some. To me the highlight of the evening was the fact each coach introduced himself and described the attributes of players being brought into the program. Every one of them spoke in an eloquent fashion and gave you confidence there is a plan in place here. Support staff also introduced themselves and described their duties. I think that is significant as it indicates the team approach with the staff will be paramount. At times, the previous regime focused only on the guy at the top.

  7. #327
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    3,048

    Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns National Signing Day Live

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I am sure the cold rain hurt the crowd some. To me the highlight of the evening was the fact each coach introduced himself and described the attributes of players being brought into the program. Every one of them spoke in an eloquent fashion and gave you confidence there is a plan in place here. Support staff also introduced themselves and described their duties. I think that is significant as it indicates the team approach with the staff will be paramount. At times, the previous regime focused only on the guy at the top.
    Very accurate and well said Mike.

  8. #328
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Youngsville, LA
    Posts
    4,045

    Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns National Signing Day Live

    It was well-attended considering the nasty weather. In many ways, l thought it was similar to previous "bashes". But as Mike said, the presentation by the coaches & support staff was outstanding. The comraderie among the coaches was fun to see. I got a great vibe from them. Seems as though they get along very well and have fun together. I got the sense that it would be a great work environment! Looking forward to seeing what this coaching staff can put together! Also good to see a number of familiar faces!


  9. #329
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,829

    Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns National Signing Day Live

    Quote Originally Posted by Redgineer View Post
    If y'all had to grade the signees overall, what would it be, a B?
    Considering, the amount we signed at this point, I would say a C. This is not a reflection of what this staff can do in the future, I fully expect an A next year. Just what they were up against cannot be discounted, numbers & time wise. Some decent guys, some guys that can play, just not enough in comparison to the other SB teams, this was average. I'm excited about what the staff will be able to do in the next class.

  10. #330
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LAFAYETTE
    Posts
    9,746
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns National Signing Day Live

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Likely due to plans to sign a couple of late JC qualifiers. On second thought, i am not sure he can play in 2018.
    Blue Shirts can't play, but they can practice. So it's like a RS year, exception is that they count against the next class.

  11. #331
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LAFAYETTE
    Posts
    9,746
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns National Signing Day Live

    Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    C+, Would have liked to see one more Strong Side Defensive End, Offensive Tackle, and a playmaker at defensive back.
    Another interior DL that can play on the edge at times, Left tackle prospect and/or a MLB or CB.

  12. #332
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.
    Posts
    6,585

    Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns National Signing Day Live

    Quote Originally Posted by Ole Colony View Post
    ..... free beer, soft drinks as well as jambalaya.
    One of these days I'm gonna get smart and quit my job. Too much free stuff out there.

  13. #333
    BeauCajun's Avatar
    BeauCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Erath, La.
    Posts
    6,748

    Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns National Signing Day Live

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    One of these days I'm gonna get smart and quit my job. Too much free stuff out there.
    Speaking of free stuff. We have a meet and greet in Abbeville with Coach Napier on the 21st. I need to send you an invite. I need to figure out how to get the invite out on here.

  14. #334
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Louisiana, duh
    Posts
    15,215

    Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns National Signing Day Live

    Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Speaking of free stuff. We have a meet and greet in Abbeville with Coach Napier on the 21st. I need to send you an invite. I need to figure out how to get the invite out on here.
    Boomer can show you.

  15. #335
    BeauCajun's Avatar
    BeauCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Erath, La.
    Posts
    6,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    Boomer can show you.
    You wrong Dre.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •