_ _ _ _
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: LA Tech heartbreaker did not help our RPI

Default Re: LA Tech heartbreaker did not help our RPI

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Sorry fellas, but if you haven't figured it out yet, we are one of the most hated universities in the South. Our conference mates despise us, in state schools despise us and former Belt programs like North Tx, MTSU, WKU, and the Florida schools as well.
    Here are just a couple of examples of how our conference mates feel about us (on CSNBBS site regarding a thread on Sleeping Giants and our calling ourselves Louisiana):

Georgia Southern poster:

I call them Louisiana just because it sounds better when I tell my UGA friends that we're playing Louisiana at home.

But to their face, I'll call them Oo La-La or Laffy just to keep them in their place.

South Alabama poster:

The aren't. The school is called the University of Louisiana ... at Lafayette and they were only allowed to change the name from Southwest Louisiana if they could convince another institution to change its name to University of Louisiana at (name of community here). The convinced Northeast Louisiana to change its name to ULM (Louisiana Monroe).

ULL tries to simply stylize itself as the University of Louisiana. Its really stupid in my opinion. Nobody thinks that Alabama State is Auburn because the school in Montgomery is a "State" school. No one puts Texas State with Texas A&M as true peers. Ohio University is not a peer of Ohio State. The University of Hawai'i is stylized as Hawai'i Manoa on the islands with no loss of respect.

What's so dumb about this whole thing is that ULL has so much to be proud about. Growing enrollments and a strong and well supported athletic program. None of that was the result of the name change.

I'll continue to use ULL. Not because I'm trying to get their goat, but because ULL is the only ULL out there. And to use UL implies that the University of Louisiana campus in Lafayette is somehow the lead school of the whole system, to which Louisiana Monroe belongs to as well (as a peer). Its just easier to differentiate to just use ULL. When appropriate, I'll just use Cajuns to sidestep it, but that is only when referring to their athletic program. Not going to correct any Cajuns fans who use UL or University of Louisiana either.

Win some more significant OOC games and the Cajuns might get the heft to make a name for itself. Probably should work on getting their own BOT as well first.

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Sorry fellas, but if you haven't figured it out yet, we are one of the most hated universities in the South.
    Badge of honor.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Here are just a couple of examples of how our conference mates feel about us (on CSNBBS site regarding a thread on Sleeping Giants and our calling ourselves Louisiana):

Georgia Southern poster:

I call them Louisiana just because it sounds better when I tell my UGA friends that we're playing Louisiana at home.

But to their face, I'll call them Oo La-La or Laffy just to keep them in their place.

South Alabama poster:

The aren't. The school is called the University of Louisiana ... at Lafayette, and they were only allowed to change the name from Southwest Louisiana if they could convince another institution to change its name to the University of Louisiana at (name of community here). The convinced Northeast Louisiana to change its name to ULM (Louisiana Monroe).

ULL tries to simply stylize itself as the University of Louisiana. Its really stupid in my opinion. Nobody thinks that Alabama State is Auburn because the school in Montgomery is a "State" school. No one puts Texas State with Texas A&M as true peers. Ohio University is not a peer of Ohio State. The University of Hawai'i is stylized as Hawai'i Manoa on the islands with no loss of respect.

What's so dumb about this whole thing is that ULL has so much to be proud about. Growing enrollments and a strong and well supported athletic program. None of that was the result of the name change.

I'll continue to use ULL. Not because I'm trying to get their goat, but because ULL is the only ULL out there. And to use UL implies that the University of Louisiana campus in Lafayette is somehow the lead school of the whole system, to which Louisiana Monroe belongs to as well (as a peer). Its just easier to differentiate to just use ULL. When appropriate, I'll just use Cajuns to sidestep it, but that is only when referring to their athletic program. Not going to correct any Cajuns fans who use UL or University of Louisiana either.

Win some more significant OOC games, and the Cajuns might get the heft to make a name for itself. Probably should work on getting their own BOT as well first.
    One school holds football pracitces in a rec gym when it's raining... the other been telling us they are getting their own stadium for the past 10 years

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    One school holds football pracitces in a rec gym when it's raining... the other been telling us they are getting their own stadium for the past 10 years
    Isn't it great being in a conference with these clowns?

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

We'll always be hated for lots of reasons. But the name issue is the biggest one. UNO fans who got out of the LSUNO designation under the same 1984 law never had our backs.

Cajunsmike is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Isn't it great being in a conference with these clowns?
    Conference mates in a different league would treat us the same way if we had success. As Cajun Express has said, being hated is a badge of honor. Note, someone called into the new Brad Topham show today to say he listened to the Ron Hunter show online. Apparently the Georgia State coach went out of his way to not use Coach Marlin's name (just said "he") with his comments. He also made a point to use "Lafayette" as much as possible in his remarks. No surprise in any of that to me. It also does not bother me as he is simply stoking his fan base which is his job.

Guess he didn't like the way we referred to the lil princess 👸

Georgia Southern poster:

South Alabama poster:

The aren't. The school is called the University of Louisiana ... at Lafayette and they were only allowed to change the name from Southwest Louisiana if they could convince another institution to change its name to University of Louisiana at (name of community here). The convinced Northeast Louisiana to change its name to ULM (Louisiana Monroe).

Win some more significant OOC games and the Cajuns might get the heft to make a name for itself. Probably should work on getting their own BOT as well first.
    You have a link to the thread this came from? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    You have a link to the thread this came from? Thanks
    CSNBBS / College Sports and Conference Realignment / Programs that are Sleeping Giants

I posted under post #58 and comments started from there.

RaginScotsman is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Georgia Southern poster:

South Alabama poster:

The question is, why do people care so much? Especially outside of the state? How does it impact anyone, especially those in Georgia and Alabama? Sorry children, "Louisiana" is winning the battle.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    The question is, why do people care so much? Especially outside of the state? How does it impact anyone, especially those in Georgia and Alabama? Sorry children, "Louisiana" is winning the battle.
    And what I've never understood is I would much rather win and lose against Louisiana than beat or lose to ULL, ULLAF or LA-LAF If I was a fan of those schools.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2