_ _ _ _
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Napier on UL QBs: 'It's about who can win the team over'

Blog Entries

Default Re: Napier on UL QBs: 'It's about who can win the team over'

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    Feels like this is Davis's job to lose. Nothing he has showed up to this point indicates he can be a consistent player, but he definitely has the tools to be good. I would also expect one of the two young guys to be the backup. Why Dion Ray is not begging to play RB is mind boggling to me.
    Dion has an ego issue.. He has been told he is a legit QB back to his High School days.. He believes.. He wont play any other position as he has told everyone within an ear shot. Problem is is the space between his ears and not his arms or legs. He is truly a gifted athlete who can play many positions. Qb just isn't the one

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Dion has an ego issue.. He has been told he is a legit QB back to his High School days.. He believes.. He wont play any other position as he has told everyone within an ear shot. Problem is is the space between his ears and not his arms or legs. He is truly a gifted athlete who can play many positions. Qb just isn't the one
    That was the only reason he didn't go to ole miss if I'm not mistaken. But know you've got to pitch the idea that him at QB is not good for our brand and his as well

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun fan1 View Post
    Harrison will have to improve dramatically to play QB. Will be a receiver after this year more than likely. I doubt Nunez is the guy either. Arceneaux will not be taken off of scholarship, no way! Dion will move positions or transfer.
    JD
    Lewis
    Nunez
    Go on HUDL and find each of our QBs HS highlights. Harrison clearly had the most up side as a complete qb than any other. His position will remain at QB.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Just my thoughts.

1. Harrison
    2. Davis
    3. Nunez

There will be no other QBs on the squad. Ray either moves positions or transfers (but honestly, I don't see him as a slot receiver or tail back, and he doesn't have the hips or instincts to play DB). Arceneaux may stay on the team, but he will not retain scholarship.
    And where do you see Lewis? I don't think there is any way that we don't have 4 QB's on the roster. One significant injury and that depth chart is all of a sudden real thin. I agree that Arceneaux likely gets taken off of scholarship and no idea what happens with Ray.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Under center please, especially in short yardedge...
    At least every once in a while. you can run playaction and bootlegs as well as short yardage plays much easier from under center IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    And where do you see Lewis? I don't think there is any way that we don't have 4 QB's on the roster. One significant injury and that depth chart is all of a sudden real thin. I agree that Arceneaux likely gets taken off of scholarship and no idea what happens with Ray.
    Lewis RS in 2018

Lewis RS in 2018
    Spring game will be interesting

Blog Entries

Well, one thing for certain. Having your head coach call the plays and teach QB's the results will be better no matter who Naps chooses.

Lewis RS in 2018
    Part of the reason for burning his shirt was that he has no intention of being here 5 years. I doubt he redshirts and will likely be the #2 behind Davis.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CrappDaddy View Post
    Part of the reason for burning his shirt was that he has no intention of being here 5 years. I doubt he redshirts and will likely be the #2 behind Davis.
    He talked Hud out of his redshirt last year, I can't tell if the quote below is for Lewis, Ray, or some other salesman.

"We're gonna let these young men compete, let them prove themselves. And obviously there's not a lot of talking that needs to be done from their perspective.

"It's gonna be more about showing us they can get the job done," Napier added, "and not necessarily about telling us."

cajun4life is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CrappDaddy View Post
    No offense, but we don't have anyone on our roster who is getting drafted early. I'm not sure we have anyone talented enough to graduate early and transfer to a much better program.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    No offense, but we don't have anyone on our roster who is getting drafted early. I'm not sure we have anyone talented enough to graduate early and transfer to a much better program.
    Lewis meant his academics were on track to graduate early and he intended to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Lewis meant his academics were on track to graduate early and he intended to do that.
    Yep...and Lewis made that case after being on campus for 3 months. Everyone's on track to graduate in 4 years during their first semester.

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    Yep...and Lewis made that case after being on campus for 3 months. Everyone's on track to graduate in 4 years during their first semester.
    What i meant was, Lewis wasn't suggesting he would leave early for the nfl draft..he was talking about graduating. You know maybe the kid has his priorities straight and a good head on his shoulders and will use football to ge an education, the way it's intended. He also may intend to take extra hours to graduate early like Kevin fouquier

Half the improvement will be Napier knowing the right QB to pick, picking him, then tailoring his offense to work with what he has. Then sticking with the man unless events force his hand.

We have plenty of skill position talent to do what we need on offense. We needed an instruction upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    What i meant was, Lewis wasn't suggesting he would leave early for the nfl draft..he was talking about graduating. You know maybe the kid has his priorities straight and a good head on his shoulders and will use football to ge an education, the way it's intended. He also may intend to take extra hours to graduate early like Kevin fouquier
    Kevin Fouquier isn't he the coach at VC now?

Quote Originally Posted by FacelessBuffoon View Post
    his dad I believe..... also named kevin

Quote Originally Posted by FacelessBuffoon View Post
    His son played for us recently and graduated in 3 years and didn't finish his eligibility to pursue his career.

Lewis RS in 2018
    Lewis is graduating in 4, I don't think this will help you.

Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post
    LOL

Nothing he has shown up to this point has shown he was put in a position to be consistent.

Give him a reasonable scheme and a smart coach, and he'll sail through the Sun Belt. So will Lewis, and perhaps the others.

Our problem was not at quarterback. It was at play-calling, scheming, and developing a game plan.
    At some point, a player's development has to include their actual growth from hard work, preparation and training. Based on reports we've heard for years, I don't think his lack of progression is all on the coaches. I'm sure Hud's staff would have loved having him step up and be the next Broadway. While I think the kid has some tools and I really anticipate him having a solid senior year and being our starter, I just think there have been things that he's done on his own that have kept him from being the player he could be.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast