_ _ _ _
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Napier on UL QBs: 'It's about who can win the team over'

Default Re: Napier on UL QBs: 'It's about who can win the team over'

The sleeper on the roster is going to step up and EARN the starting position.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Just my thoughts.

1. Harrison
    2. Davis
    3. Nunez

There will be no other QBs on the squad. Ray either moves positions or transfers (but honestly, I don't see him as a slot receiver or tail back, and he doesn't have the hips or instincts to play DB). Arceneaux may stay on the team, but he will not retain scholarship.
    Harrison will have to improve dramatically to play QB. Will be a receiver after this year more than likely. I doubt Nunez is the guy either. Arceneaux will not be taken off of scholarship, no way! Dion will move positions or transfer.
    JD
    Lewis
    Nunez

Harrison is a coach's son. Don't underestimate what he can absorb. He came out of HS as a pro type QB. Curious to see his physical development after his rs year.

I do think JD will be the frontrunner.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun fan1 View Post
    Harrison will have to improve dramatically to play QB. Will be a receiver after this year more than likely. I doubt Nunez is the guy either. Arceneaux will not be taken off of scholarship, no way! Dion will move positions or transfer.
    JD
    Lewis
    Nunez
    We'll just have to agree to disagree on all points

Watch for the sleeper and look,to,enjoy the excitement!!!!!!

Blog Entries

6 qb's is a indictment of the previous regimes cluesness.. Napier will trim that number down fast. Napiuer loves Qb's, not athletes pretending to be one.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunConnection View Post
    I think it will be Nunez. Has the better arm and jc and experience here. Of course could be completely wrong.
    Spring game will be fun and interesting
    Cc
    If Nunez is our QB I'd be very surprised.

Davis
    Lewis/Nunez
    Harrison

Of course we could bring in someone new and completely shake things up.

Nunez or Davis #1 , whoever is healthiest. If tied, I give the edge to Nunez because his long passes seem more accurate
    I cannot pick Harrison for #3 without ever seeing him pass. But he has used a redshirt so you might as well give him some game action when outcome of game is decided.

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    "Obviously I'm not a big design-quarterback-run guy," said Napier.
    Obviously. Who would run such a scheme? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Just my thoughts.

1. Harrison
    2. Davis
    3. Nunez

There will be no other QBs on the squad. Ray either moves positions or transfers (but honestly, I don't see him as a slot receiver or tail back, and he doesn't have the hips or instincts to play DB). Arceneaux may stay on the team, but he will not retain scholarship.
    Agree with your order.

Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    Napier says exactly this in the article.
    ...and I have been saying this for years.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    ...and I have been saying this for years.
    You sure have

Feels like this is Davis's job to lose. Nothing he has showed up to this point indicates he can be a consistent player, but he definitely has the tools to be good. I would also expect one of the two young guys to be the backup. Why Dion Ray is not begging to play RB is mind boggling to me.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    Feels like this is Davis's job to lose. Nothing he has showed up to this point indicates he can be a consistent player, but he definitely has the tools to be good. I would also expect one of the two young guys to be the backup. Why Dion Ray is not begging to play RB is mind boggling to me.
    LOL

Nothing he has shown up to this point has shown he was put in a position to be consistent.

Give him a reasonable scheme and a smart coach, and he'll sail through the Sun Belt. So will Lewis, and perhaps the others.

Our problem was not at quarterback. It was at play-calling, scheming, and developing a game plan.

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post
    LOL

Nothing he has shown up to this point has shown he was put in a position to be consistent.

Give him a reasonable scheme and a smart coach, and he'll sail through the Sun Belt. So will Lewis, and perhaps the others.

Our problem was not at quarterback. It was at play-calling, scheming, and developing a game plan.
    There isn't any one thing that doesn't need a fresh approach. Who knows which QB might excel under a completely different staff? There's nothing wrong with those that are taking Napier's comments and projecting which QB will rise to the top. But in reality, until the pads start cracking with Napier's keen eye observing, there's 4 legitimate contenders for the starting job. They should all believe it could be them.

LOL

That's true. I'm sure we're all in for quite a few surprises.

I think our issue was developing the QB position. We probably made a few strides in that department last year....but obv it was to little to late. Injuries played a role in that, but it felt like it became a coin flip week to week. I fully expect this staff to be better at developing talent. If you have 6 QB's on a roster that means you don't have a number 1 or a clear plan moving forward

LOL

Hope you are right. I thought he had trouble with accuracy and panicked when pressure came at him. With two new OT's I would expect a fair amount of protection breakdowns in the beginning of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    Hope you are right. I thought he had trouble with accuracy and panicked when pressure came at him. With two new OT's I would expect a fair amount of protection breakdowns in the beginning of the season.
    I am only guessing, and I'm sure lack of protection was part of it, but constantly looking over your shoulder at an erratic, clueless, trigger-happy coach can't exactly do wonders for your confidence.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast