_ _ _ _
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: MBB Final: Louisiana 80, ULM 59

Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 80, ULM 59

I was so happy to see PJ get some quality minutes. I feel he and Russell are vital to the future of this program.

Cajunsmike is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    I was so happy to see PJ get some quality minutes. I feel he and Russell are vital to the future of this program.
    PJ did quite well defensively and in running the team while Stroman sat with foul trouble. In addition to scoring a basket, he had four assists. He was better able to stay with the quick guards of ULM than Russell.

I hate to say this with so much basketball to play but the thing that has impressed me the most this year has been our consistency. I've been preaching this word for the last couple years and that its most important in building a solid winning program. Our play this year has fit the bill. That is why our margin of victory has been extremely high especially in conference play. We haven't had major shooting lulls and we are a consistent rebounding team. We still have to work on limiting our turnovers and Stroman has got to get better at staying on the court. His inability to stay out of foul trouble is astounding.

Quite honestly, we're seeing what happens when you have good talent on your squad and you build chemistry. The transfers have obviously been the biggest reason we have had the type of year we have. These guys are P5 talents and it shows and they've been able to mix in really well with the returning guys. The most impressive thing has been their willingness to defend.

Dwayne Mitchell would have approved of that dunk. What a fantastic second half of basketball.

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Basketball Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 80, ULM 59

We dominated much of each half until the ten minute mark in both. It's almost like we decided to ignore defense at the end of both halves and still won by 21.

Jay on BEV said they were 20 points better at home. That proved prophetic as we went from 40 to 20 point wins. 😂😂😂😂

Cajunsmike is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    Dwayne Mitchell would have approved of that dunk. What a fantastic second half of basketball.
    I presume you were able to view the game somehow. Nice some of our out of town alums can occasionally do that.

CajunAmos is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I presume you were able to view the game somehow. Nice some of our out of town alums can occasionally do that.
    If you didn't watch it live on ESPN3, you can watch the replay at the link below.

http://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=3273112

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Saw it over lunch today. ULM is pretty bad, but man we had some nice stretches of basketball.

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Overwhelming a bad team is a sign of a good team.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    Saw it over lunch today. ULM is pretty bad, but man we had some nice stretches of basketball.
    ULM was 9 and 2 at home previous to Saturday. I don't discount how well our guys played. Having said that, we likely have to be better on Thursday night.

ZoomZoom is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

As tempting as it is, let the Coach Scooter fans yap it up on their board and the belt board w/o any response. They're just the next game. We all know they'll get their troll on in the next 24 hours.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8