_ _ _ _
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: MBB Final: Louisiana 80, ULM 59

Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 80, ULM 59

I guess Bartley will be called on to shut down Devin Mitchell.
    Frank has been playing 'D' like Elfrid did a few years ago!
    http://www.georgiastatesports.com/Vi...CLID=211695663

I don't know if Arkansas State got lucky against Georgia Southern but them losing helps a little bit

ZoomZoom is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    Just made it back from the trip two plays stuck in my mind ULM player shakes the Cajun guy guarding him crowd ULM goes crazy only to have Gant throw the shot off the court what a block. Second in the Marquetti dunk over the ULM guy unbelievable. GEAUX CAJUNS
    Gant's block was a big statement. Took any thought of momentum away.

Marquetti's out of no where in the face and one slam was one of the nastiest I've ever seen in a long time. Ranks up there with one I remember, Wayne Julien's slam when he mowed down a McLeast player in Blackham.

One game at a time. Next game, they're trying for a sell out. Guys TCOB Thursday, everyone will be playing for seeding after that... except us. We'll be playing for history.

That Georgia State game Thursday is YUGE! Wish it was in Lafayette. Dome would be rockin' with 8K.

Win and the Cajuns are well in control of the regular season - 3 games up on everyone plus the tiebreaker over their closest opponent.

Lose and we've got a race to the finish, up just a game over GA State and not having the tiebreaker.

GEAUX CAJUNS!

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Basketball Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 80, ULM 59

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    I believe I heard Jay say this is the earliest in the season a Cajun basketball program has hit 20 wins. Good job boys. As MAT said, perhaps our best performance start to finish of the year.

Ga State will be gunning for us. They beat LR at LR by 30 tonight and are only a game and a half behind us.
    They're behind two in the loss column. That half game is a potential loss or win. That loss cannot be erased.

They're going to be a challenge. Remember, Hunter is several wins up on Marlin in head to head games.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    They're behind two in the loss column. That half game is a potential loss or win. That loss cannot be erased.

They're going to be a challenge. Remember, Hunter is several wins up on Marlin in head to head games.
    I think we've got the better players this season

This is his best TEAM. No Elfrid. No Shawn. These guys don't care how many people Coach scooter brings. We need to play well enough to empty that place faster that a fart in a confessional.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    .....Does anybody know if the dad of theBrown kid we are recruiting wore these throwback unis???
    Yes, Boomer, same unis worn by Dion Brown, et al!

RaginScotsman is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Really wish the game was in Lafayette, but it'll be a good test. That 2 game cushion is helpful, but by all accounts, if you win that one in Atlanta, you're close to running away with the regular season title.

Like the the color guy said on the broadcast yesterday, it would be a shame for us to not make the NCAA if we stub our toe one game in the conference tournament. The large sample size should be weighted more than a few games in March. We've been playing too well and crushing our peers by double digits every time we take the court. We'd certainly be dangerous team to play in the postseason. But let's worry about that later.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Really wish the game was in Lafayette, but it'll be a good test. That 2 game cushion is helpful, but by all accounts, if you win that one in Atlanta, you're close to running away with the regular season title.

Like the the color guy said on the broadcast yesterday, it would be a shame for us to not make the NCAA if we stub our toe one game in the conference tournament. The large sample size should be weighted more than a few games in March. We've been playing too well and crushing our peers by double digits every time we take the court. We'd certainly be dangerous team to play in the postseason. But let's worry about that later.
    Yes!! ONE GAME AT A TIME....

Cajunsmike is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Gant's block was a big statement. Took any thought of momentum away.

Marquetti's out of no where in the face and one slam was one of the nastiest I've ever seen in a long time. Ranks up there with one I remember, Wayne Julien's slam when he mowed down a McLeast player in Blackham.

One game at a time. Next game, they're trying for a sell out. Guys TCOB Thursday, everyone will be playing for seeding after that... except us. We'll be playing for history.
    Marquetti dunk should go down as one of the greatest in Cajuns history. It was one in which he overcame traffic through the lane left handed and got the "and one". Quite a feat for a right handed player. Adding to the brilliant play is the fact he sank the FT after the media timeout. If you have not seen it, you need to find it. Warhawk fans were so shocked they were stunned into silence. This is a guy who lets his play on the court do his talking. For someone like me who thinks trash talking is wasted energy, I appreciate his style of play.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Marquetti dunk should go down as one of the greatest in Cajuns history. It was one in which he overcame traffic through the lane left handed and got the "and one". Quite a feat for a right handed player. Adding to the brilliant play is the fact he sank the FT after the media timeout. If you have not seen it, you need to find it. Warhawk fans were so shocked they were stunned into silence. This is a guy who lets his play on the court do his talking. For someone like me who thinks trash talking is wasted energy, I appreciate his style of play.
    I so agree, I was screaming.....after getting over my awe.
    Wish someone who is more techy than me would find and post a clip of it, so we could all enjoy it again.

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by RaginFan2 View Post
    Yes, Boomer, same unis worn by Dion Brown, et al!
    ......ok so a high tech guy gets a huge photo of dad and puts the kids face on the uni!!!..... The takes the new uni and puts the kid's face on it......"Brown is back in town"....... Lafayette is waiting to give you the love we gave your dad!!!

Marquetti's dunk!
    11:40 of the second half
    http://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=3273112

Marquetti dunk should go down as one of the greatest in Cajuns history. It was one in which he overcame traffic through the lane left handed and got the "and one".
    This is what was called an "in your face disgrace" in the NBA of the 70's and 80's.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    This is what was called an "in your face disgrace" in the NBA of the 70's and 80's.

Brian
    "Dr. J"

They showed a replay from the camera on the ULM side of the court that was even more impressive than the regular tv angle. Great stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    They showed a replay from the camera on the ULM side of the court that was even more impressive than the regular tv angle. Great stuff
    Just re-watched it......ESPN replayed it 3 times, too. Really great stuff.

The best part, as he came down the court, don't think anybody saw that dunk coming.

I enjoyed ULM parading out "the fourth ULM team and first women's team to win a championship since joing the conference." And the Taco Bell blimp. Felt like I was at a street fair.

The blimp reminded me of the blimp that the Cajuns and icegators used to use.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast