_ _ _ _

Thread: SEC Announces Each School will recieve $41 million

Support SEC Announces Each School will recieve $41 million

The conference announced on Thursday that $596.9 million in total revenue was distributed to the 14 schools. That totals out to $40.9 million per school.

According to the release, $23.1 million of that came from the schools that participated in bowl games while the other $573 million was from the conference office.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-fo...enue-2018/

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    The conference announced on Thursday that $596.9 million in total revenue was distributed to the 14 schools. That totals out to $40.9 million per school.

According to the release, $23.1 million of that came from the schools that participated in bowl games while the other $573 million was from the conference office.

They received Our entire budget from bowl
    Games.

Default Re: SEC Announces Each School will recieve $41 million

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    They received Our entire budget from bowl
    Games.
    What do we get from the SBC - $500,000?

What do we get from the SBC - $500,000?
    I think that's our tv contract money, i doubt our bowl teams produced enough revenue to give every school $500k

CajunAmos is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I think that's our tv contract money, i doubt our bowl teams produced enough revenue to give every school $500k
    I think we were the first team from the conference to ever make money on a bowl, hence the new rule the following year about bowl revenue sharing which had never existed before in the conference.

Just how does this benefit us? When we play Miss State and Alabama this year, how much are we getting paid and how much do we keep vs. share with the conference? Is that offset by the shares we get from other conference teams playing P5 schools?

Just how does this benefit us? When we play Miss State and Alabama this year, how much are we getting paid and how much do we keep vs. share with the conference? Is that offset by the shares we get from other conference teams playing P5 schools?
    We keep all the money from our money games. We all split conference tv revenue equally and now we split what little money the conference makes on bowl games after expenses.

BeauCajun is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

There's no sharing of guarantee money in the SBC.

To the schools? Thats good news but somehow i dont believe it will see any classrooms and will remain in athletics

RaginScotsman is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Well, I guess that's what you get when "it just means more."

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    To the schools? Thats good news but somehow i dont believe it will see any classrooms and will remain in athletics
    Athletics is self-supporting. Won't have divert money to athletics that would otherwise used for academics.