_ _ _ _
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana Athletics Inks Two-Year Agreement With Cox Sports Television

1. Default New UL-CST deal: spring football game, baseball, softball

The CST broadcasts will be produced in conjunction with Jumbo Sports Television.

The agreement is independent of ongoing talks between UL and Learfield Communications for multimedia rights to Cajun athletic events, it's been learned.

All games aired on Cox Sports Television will also be carried online by ESPN3 outside of the CST viewing areas.

Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Louisiana Athletics Inks Two-Year Agreement With Cox Sports Television

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    i dont think our remaining mens games are on there, the article had a list of what games were being shown.
    All home basketball games are on ragincajuns.com. Exception is if they are carried on an ESPN platform. Just because it does not show it there now does not mean the webcast won't occur. Regardless of this, getting our sports programs into the Baton Rouge and New Orleans area via CST is a positive development. I noted this is a two year agreement. I wonder if some basketball games will be carried by CST next year.

Default Re: Louisiana Athletics Inks Two-Year Agreement With Cox Sports Television

I am curious to see how pro LSU they will be on that baseball broadcast this year.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    Well crap. This would have been great news 3 years ago. Today it just means there's 15 fewer games I (and probably a huge majority of fans) won't be able to see.
    Jesus ____ing Christ!

Only you could see this as a negative

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    As a direct TV customer, I wish I would have known this years ago!
    Is this true? We have had a couple of CST games and I have never been able to view them with DirecTV. Cox is a non starter for me. They are awful.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Louisiana Athletics Inks Two-Year Agreement With Cox Sports Television

FYI, I have a calendar that I keep of UL/Saints sporting events that are on TV or streaming that anyone can subscribe to. I generally keep it updated. I update things as soon as I can.

Webpage View: https://calendar.google.com/calendar...rica%2FChicago

Link to subscribe (iCal format): https://calendar.google.com/calendar...blic/basic.ics

Embeded view:

Default Re: Cox sports 2 year deal

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajuns99 View Post
    I'm hoping the remaining home games not on CST are still going to be on ragincajuns.com ? And will Lynn finally have to call us "Louisiana?"
    Well, below is the first scheduled game from the Cox Sports guide - so set your expectations accordingly because you will probably be disappointed.

I would hope that our new AD in "Athletic Negotiations" with these media folks, would add a clause in the agreement that specifically covers how our Brand Name will be utilized on their entire platform.......print, websites, guides, broadcast, social media and press releases. This would eliminate all of this uncertainty and strengthen our Brand Name.

Its real simple for Athletics (not implying Academics) - Louisiana first reference and only LA for any abbreviation needed.

Nothing else.

I hope our new Director of Athletics has this vision.

06:30 PM
    Louisiana Softball: Oregon State @ UL-Lafayette LIVE
    Oregon State @ UL-Lafayette

Quote Originally Posted by ULouisiana View Post
    Well, below is the first scheduled game from the Cox Sports guide - so set your expectations accordingly because you will probably be disappointed.

I would hope that our new AD in "Athletic Negotiations" with these media folks, would add a clause in the agreement that specifically covers how our Brand Name will be utilized on their entire platform.......print, websites, guides, broadcast, social media and press releases. This would eliminate all of this uncertainty and strengthen our Brand Name.

Its real simple for Athletics (not implying Academics) - Louisiana first reference and only LA for any abbreviation needed.

Nothing else.

I trust this staff has ironed this out with CST .. going to be fun to watch the state wide butthurt

Quote Originally Posted by ULouisiana View Post

Nothing else.

Well, don't know if this answers your questions, but it's encouraging nonetheless.

"We are excited to enter into this partnership with the University of Louisiana," stated CST Vice President Rod Mickler. "The Ragin Cajuns have one of the best fan bases in the country. We look forward to the opportunity to showcase their games across our entire network."

"I'm hoping the remaining home games not on CST are still going to be on ragincajuns.com ? And will Lynn finally have to call us "Louisiana?"

The last two Cajuns games he called he referred to us as Louisiana. Was a pleasant surprise. Hopefully he will continue to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    "I'm hoping the remaining home games not on CST are still going to be on ragincajuns.com ? And will Lynn finally have to call us "Louisiana?"

The last two Cajuns games he called he referred to us as Louisiana. Was a pleasant surprise. Hopefully he will continue to do so.
    Heard it with my own ears. Could not believe it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post

He may have been privy to the negotiations at the time.

Incentive.

ZoomZoom is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    ... as long as they get our name right.
    Better be in the contract or that tiger butt sniffer will L us to death.

No Cox sports on my provider

It's OUR agreement with them. WE will decide what we are called.

Jumbo Sports does a very good job overall. Production will be professional.

Those (like me) that have DirecTV, will have to put on our big boy pants and find a way to watch.

For me that means good business with a local watering hole.

Best way and safest to get around blackouts is with a VPN. Be very careful using a proxy. They might be cheap or free but they often are dangerous. Purevpn.com is a good place to start. For about 60.00 you get two years of service for up to five devices.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    lus fiber better get with it and offer CST in HD.
    Boy, you ain't kidding. I wonder what the chances are of getting this done.

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post

Those (like me) that have DirecTV, will have to put on our big boy pants and find a way to watch.

We all have our own selfish reasons for loving or hating. The reality is CST has tremendous penatration for sports in our recruiting area. It's great for branding, recruiting, and academic opportunities.

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post

its only home games, get your butt to the stadium

which i also hope we negotiated branding and naming for things not in our agreement. this agreement is for home games only, so i would assume we will be Louisiana and UL/LA. when we go on the road and play someone like UNO or southeastern and the game is picked up on CST we could be right back to the lafayette's and extra L's which would only add to the confusion. Hopefully, they are on board for any game that we will compete in on their network.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast