_ _ _ _
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 66

Thread: ESPN baseball schedule

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    2,320

    Default Re: ESPN baseball schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    Who is still getting "Louisiana-Lafayette" on their ESPN baseball app?
    Still...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,437

    Default Re: ESPN baseball schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    See my original post. I sent it to Jeff and Matt when I first saw it and let them take care of it. I also sent them copies of the basketball final box showing that ULL is still being used (and has always been). Let's see what that does for Saturday.
    What happened to us using LA for box scores? I don't think I've ever seen that.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,437

    Default Re: ESPN baseball schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    We open baseball up with a 3 games series vs. Texas on Feb. 16. I just checked the Texas baseball schedule. We are listed as UL Lafayette. I hope our people will contact Texas to get that corrected.
    If they and espn were consistent shouldn't that be UT Austin?

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    3,006

    Default Re: ESPN baseball schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    What happened to us using LA for box scores? I don't think I've ever seen that.
    Sun Belt went to the new reference guide 15 months ago. ESPN has almost never used "LA."

  5. #25
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    14,519

    Default Re: ESPN baseball schedule

    Longhorn network was a gift when Cox added it to my sports package a few years back. They then expected subscription. I if course laughed.


  6. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    6,990

    Default Re: ESPN baseball schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    If they and espn were consistent shouldn't that be UT Austin?
    I hope our people contact UT Austin and get them to change our reference to Louisiana.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    148

    Default Re: ESPN baseball schedule

    I just called DirecTV and got the Longhorn network added to my lineup as part of the "Sports Package" for $13.99/month, prorated for the time that I have it active. So when I call back in about 2 weeks to cancel it my total charge will be somewhere around $7. Once the package is active you can also stream the Longhorn Network on the watch ESPN app


  8. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    2,320

    Default Re: ESPN baseball schedule

    Will LUS Fiber customers be able to stream on ESPN App?


  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,715

    Default Re: ESPN baseball schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    Will LUS Fiber customers be able to stream on ESPN App?
    Yes, I do it all the time.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    2,320

    Default Re: ESPN baseball schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    Yes, I do it all the time.
    Great. I didn't know if the Longhorn Network routinely streams on ESPN3...

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Louisiana, duh
    Posts
    15,351

    Default Re: ESPN baseball schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by ragincajuns99 View Post
    I just called DirecTV and got the Longhorn network added to my lineup as part of the "Sports Package" for $13.99/month, prorated for the time that I have it active. So when I call back in about 2 weeks to cancel it my total charge will be somewhere around $7. Once the package is active you can also stream the Longhorn Network on the watch ESPN app
    Great news! Now can I borrow your ID and password so I can stream it that weekend?

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    3,006

    Default Re: ESPN baseball schedule

    If anybody is still getting "Louisiana-Lafayette" on their baseball and softball apps on ESPN, please PM me.


  13. #33
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, La
    Posts
    3,086

    Default Re: ESPN baseball schedule

    lcitsh, if you're good at turning the tide with these national outlets in how they reference us, I have a few suggestions/request for you.

    Outlets that need to be corrected:
    - D1Baseball.com (Seemingly the last Baseball website that still has our wrong branding, and it sucks cause they are the most respected one. I noticed they actually changed our name to just "Louisiana" in their Sun Belt Preview, however if you look at our team page on their site, we are still listed as UL Lafayette, and that includes when you look at their RPI page and any other stories about us, they use UL Lafayette for most.)
    - 247sports.com (big for recruiting, they have the -Lafayette and they also have a fiery logo instead of the stacked RAGIN' CAJUNS)
    - Yahoo Sports App (still has "La-Laf" I believe)
    - CBS Sports (I'm not positive what they have us as lately, but in my opinion, this is one we absolutely need to sure up before March. If (when) we make the Big Dance, we better make sure CBS already knows our preferred branding before they come out with their national broadcast of the brackets.)

    Also one update, I noticed WarrenNolan.com was correct with "Louisiana" for both basketball and football, but still had the old moniker for baseball. I emailed the site and actually got a response back from Warren himself stating that he is happy it is finally official and that "yes, for the 2018 baseball season, it will be listed as Louisiana.". So, we really need to get D1Baseball on board now.


  14. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,715

    Default Re: ESPN baseball schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun10 View Post
    lcitsh, if you're good at turning the tide with these national outlets in how they reference us, I have a few suggestions/request for you.

    Outlets that need to be corrected:
    - D1Baseball.com (Seemingly the last Baseball website that still has our wrong branding, and it sucks cause they are the most respected one. I noticed they actually changed our name to just "Louisiana" in their Sun Belt Preview, however if you look at our team page on their site, we are still listed as UL Lafayette, and that includes when you look at their RPI page and any other stories about us, they use UL Lafayette for most.)
    - 247sports.com (big for recruiting, they have the -Lafayette and they also have a fiery logo instead of the stacked RAGIN' CAJUNS)
    - Yahoo Sports App (still has "La-Laf" I believe)
    - CBS Sports (I'm not positive what they have us as lately, but in my opinion, this is one we absolutely need to sure up before March. If (when) we make the Big Dance, we better make sure CBS already knows our preferred branding before they come out with their national broadcast of the brackets.)

    Also one update, I noticed WarrenNolan.com was correct with "Louisiana" for both basketball and football, but still had the old moniker for baseball. I emailed the site and actually got a response back from Warren himself stating that he is happy it is finally official and that "yes, for the 2018 baseball season, it will be listed as Louisiana.". So, we really need to get D1Baseball on board now.
    I totally agree with your comments about D1......and I think when we're asking them to use our correct name, we should also point out that they should be using ULM....not UL-Monroe. Getting rid of both hyphens is the best outcome, IMHO.

    Also, I think the 247 folks are based in BR, so we probably have not much chance of getting them on board. Still worth trying, of course.

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    6,990

    Default Re: ESPN baseball schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun10 View Post
    lcitsh, if you're good at turning the tide with these national outlets in how they reference us, I have a few suggestions/request for you.

    Outlets that need to be corrected:
    - D1Baseball.com (Seemingly the last Baseball website that still has our wrong branding, and it sucks cause they are the most respected one. I noticed they actually changed our name to just "Louisiana" in their Sun Belt Preview, however if you look at our team page on their site, we are still listed as UL Lafayette, and that includes when you look at their RPI page and any other stories about us, they use UL Lafayette for most.)
    - 247sports.com (big for recruiting, they have the -Lafayette and they also have a fiery logo instead of the stacked RAGIN' CAJUNS)
    - Yahoo Sports App (still has "La-Laf" I believe)
    - CBS Sports (I'm not positive what they have us as lately, but in my opinion, this is one we absolutely need to sure up before March. If (when) we make the Big Dance, we better make sure CBS already knows our preferred branding before they come out with their national broadcast of the brackets.)

    Also one update, I noticed WarrenNolan.com was correct with "Louisiana" for both basketball and football, but still had the old moniker for baseball. I emailed the site and actually got a response back from Warren himself stating that he is happy it is finally official and that "yes, for the 2018 baseball season, it will be listed as Louisiana.". So, we really need to get D1Baseball on board now.
    Add to that list the Shriners Classic at Minute Maid Park in Houston in March and the University of Texas athletics for our baseball series.

  16. #36
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lafayette LA
    Posts
    8,576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun10 View Post
    lcitsh, if you're good at turning the tide with these national outlets in how they reference us, I have a few suggestions/request for you.

    Outlets that need to be corrected:
    - D1Baseball.com (Seemingly the last Baseball website that still has our wrong branding, and it sucks cause they are the most respected one. I noticed they actually changed our name to just "Louisiana" in their Sun Belt Preview, however if you look at our team page on their site, we are still listed as UL Lafayette, and that includes when you look at their RPI page and any other stories about us, they use UL Lafayette for most.)
    - 247sports.com (big for recruiting, they have the -Lafayette and they also have a fiery logo instead of the stacked RAGIN' CAJUNS)
    - Yahoo Sports App (still has "La-Laf" I believe)
    - CBS Sports (I'm not positive what they have us as lately, but in my opinion, this is one we absolutely need to sure up before March. If (when) we make the Big Dance, we better make sure CBS already knows our preferred branding before they come out with their national broadcast of the brackets.)

    Also one update, I noticed WarrenNolan.com was correct with "Louisiana" for both basketball and football, but still had the old moniker for baseball. I emailed the site and actually got a response back from Warren himself stating that he is happy it is finally official and that "yes, for the 2018 baseball season, it will be listed as Louisiana.". So, we really need to get D1Baseball on board now.
    Amazon Alexa
    Google Assistant

  17. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    148

    Default Re: ESPN baseball schedule

    Just got an email from Astros.com advertising the Shriners Classic. Refers to us as "LOUISIANA."


  18. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    6,990

    Default Re: ESPN baseball schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by ragincajuns99 View Post
    Just got an email from Astros.com advertising the Shriners Classic. Refers to us as "LOUISIANA."
    Just checked the Shriners Classic website and they changed our name to LOUISIANA. Nice!

  19. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    6,990

    Default Re: ESPN baseball schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Just checked the Shriners Classic website and they changed our name to LOUISIANA. Nice!
    Texas website still shows them opening the season vs. UL Lafayette. Hope our AD contacts their AD and gets this corrected.

  20. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,715

    Default Re: ESPN baseball schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Just checked the Shriners Classic website and they changed our name to LOUISIANA. Nice!
    Yep.....another big win! Now we just need to keep working on Texas.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •