_ _ _ _
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 66

Thread: ESPN baseball schedule

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    3,019

    UL Baseball ESPN baseball schedule

    http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-re...-season-games/

    I know, for those of you who look at this tonight, you will see that ESPN has disrespected us again and listed us as "Lafayette" (not "Louisiana-") against Texas. I have already emailed Jeff Schneider and Matt Sullivan and expect them to take care of it tomorrow. These are the only games they are showing for the Cajuns. The only other games I'm seeing involving Sun Belt teams are Arkansas State at Missouri and Texas State at Texas (twice).


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    2,320

    Default Re: ESPN baseball schedule

    So those games are on ESPN3?

    I'll send you a private message shortly to share something else...


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    16,986

    Default Re: ESPN baseball schedule

    Fix it, you dikqueHeads!

    Sick of this sh++!


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    7,030

    Default Re: ESPN baseball schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Fix it, you dikqueHeads!

    Sick of this sh++!
    We open baseball up with a 3 games series vs. Texas on Feb. 16. I just checked the Texas baseball schedule. We are listed as UL Lafayette. I hope our people will contact Texas to get that corrected.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    3,019

    Default Re: ESPN baseball schedule

    It's been fixed on the ESPN Mediazone site, I'm not sure about on the smartphone app.


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    2,320

    Default Re: ESPN baseball schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    It's been fixed on the ESPN Mediazone site, I'm not sure about on the smartphone app.
    Not yet.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Posts
    214

    Default Re: ESPN baseball schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    Not yet.
    It is for me.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,747

    Default Re: ESPN baseball schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    It's been fixed on the ESPN Mediazone site, I'm not sure about on the smartphone app.
    That's beautiful. Is it due to something you did?

  9. #9
    RaginScotsman's Avatar
    RaginScotsman is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7,840

    Default Re: ESPN baseball schedule

    I see "Louisiana" on the link.


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    2,320

    Default Re: ESPN baseball schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by TonaldDrump View Post
    It is for me.
    The ESPN App - NCAA baseball section.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    3,019

    Default Re: ESPN baseball schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    That's beautiful. Is it due to something you did?
    See my original post. I sent it to Jeff and Matt when I first saw it and let them take care of it. I also sent them copies of the basketball final box showing that ULL is still being used (and has always been). Let's see what that does for Saturday.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    7,030

    Default Re: ESPN baseball schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    See my original post. I sent it to Jeff and Matt when I first saw it and let them take care of it. I also sent them copies of the basketball final box showing that ULL is still being used (and has always been). Let's see what that does for Saturday.
    Might also request that they contact the University of Texas to correct their schedule to show Louisiana instead of UL Lafayette.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    1,529

    Default Re: ESPN baseball schedule

    I tweeted Ms. Brooks last night...maybe it was me! LOL!


  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    16,986

    Default Re: ESPN baseball schedule

    For you nice guys that are getting things done with the name, please someone contact the necessary folk to fix Astros.com, MLB and the Shriner's Classic website. This tourney will expose us to a national audience and we need to be referred to properly. Especially in baseball.


  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, La
    Posts
    3,092

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    For you nice guys that are getting things done with the name, please someone contact the necessary folk to fix Astros.com, MLB and the Shriner's Classic website. This tourney will expose us to a national audience and we need to be referred to properly. Especially in baseball.
    On that same note, I can't for the life of me figure out why D1Baseball is still referring to us as UL "Lafayette". Kendall Rogers told me last year that as soon as ESPN and other major outlets got on board, they would do the same. Frankly, the fact that they haven't yet just makes them look like a bunch of followers instead of leaders in the industry. Have some integrity and do the right thing, Rogers and Fitt.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lafayette LA
    Posts
    8,576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun10 View Post
    On that same note, I can't for the life of me figure out why D1Baseball is still referring to us as UL "Lafayette". Kendall Rogers told me last year that as soon as ESPN and other major outlets got on board, they would do the same. Frankly, the fact that they haven't yet just makes them look like a bunch of followers instead of leaders in the industry. Have some integrity and do the right thing, Rogers and Fitt.
    Kendall has begun referring to us as "Louisiana" on Twitter.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    16,986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun10 View Post
    On that same note, I can't for the life of me figure out why D1Baseball is still referring to us as UL "Lafayette". Kendall Rogers told me last year that as soon as ESPN and other major outlets got on board, they would do the same. Frankly, the fact that they haven't yet just makes them look like a bunch of followers instead of leaders in the industry. Have some integrity and do the right thing, Rogers and Fitt.
    Get him on Twitter. He usually answers.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    3,019

    Default Re: ESPN baseball schedule

    Who is still getting "Louisiana-Lafayette" on their ESPN baseball app?


  19. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    232

    Default Re: ESPN baseball schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    Who is still getting "Louisiana-Lafayette" on their ESPN baseball app?
    I am still getting Louisiana-Lafayette on the ESPN app for men's baseball and woman's softball.

    We need to fix softball as well.

    Football and Basketball have Louisiana as you know.

    Of course all 4 sports still have ULL as the statistical abbreviation. We really need to get the statistical abbreviation fixed to (LA) because that is what scrolls at the bottom for scores and its inconsistent among many platforms.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    722

    Default Re: ESPN baseball schedule

    Does anyone around here carry the Longhorn network? Will it be on the twois?


Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •