_ _ _ _
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Basketball recruits

Default Re: Basketball recruits

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    I agree Mike. Getting a 5 star like Brown would certainly help to maintain success during the regular season and would be the kind of talent needed to have a reasonable chance of some post season success as well. It could also possible lead to attracting other higher profile players to Louisiana as well.
    Your last point may be the most important.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Brown could be a program changer. Not only in his play on the court and helping us win hopefully but also showing other mid level and perhaps top level talent that coming here is a viable option.
    Think he does a Ben Simmons one and done to NBA draft?

Quote Originally Posted by studentfan View Post
    That would help us more than him staying 3 years from a recruiting stand point

that would be great

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    that would be great
    Absolutely. Especially if he was a one and done lottery pick.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    Absolutely. Especially if he was a one and done lottery pick.
    On that note, it seems like Marlin's recruiting classes have improved since Elfrid became a lottery pick

Having another lottery pick would definitely kick it up another notch

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Since his father will be on the visit with him, how about we run his dad's video on the screen like his game against Georgetown? The crowd would get really loud with that presentation.
    Basketball did the black-out thing a few weeks ago. They handed out t-shirts on campus, available at Red Zone, etc.

Could they, would they have the time to do a red, extremely faux jersey looking shirt with Dion's number on it for handout?

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    Speaking of basketball...does anyone know why a guy like Seneca Knight from Northside is not getting more attention on the recruiting front? He is a 6'6 kid that can shoot and play above the rim. He looks a lot like Tiras Wade.
    I was a student during the T-Wade era. That guy was fun to watch. I wish he would have stayed for his final year. No doubt he would have been drafted if he had stayed

Clutch0364 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    I was a student during the T-Wade era. That guy was fun to watch. I wish you would have stayed for his final year. No doubt he would have been drafted if he had stayed
    Same here. Those teams were fun. This team in my opinion is just as fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    I was a student during the T-Wade era. That guy was fun to watch. I wish you would have stayed for his final year. No doubt he would have been drafted if he had stayed
    It's ok, let Wade go, Lee went and got Ed Turner....

I'm all excited about the possibility of Dion Brown's son playing here, but with a name like Kristian Lafayette, he has to be a stud superstar in the making. He has the right last name. Maybe he can put Lafayette on the map.

Geaux Cajuns!

Well, first he has to be good enough to do that and we don't know what type of player he will be. I just know the type of player that many think he can be.

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Having 5 star basketball players that are "one and done" are terrible for your program. Once you play in the Final Four... and get all excited about your team... you end up having a whole new cast of 5 star athletes to learn new names the next season. It sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Having 5 star basketball players that are "one and done" are terrible for your program. Once you play in the Final Four... and get all excited about your team... you end up having a whole new cast of 5 star athletes to learn new names the next season. It sucks.

You are so right. It would totally suck to be a program like Kentucky. 🤔🤔😉😉

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Or we could become like Arizona, Kentucky, Duke being exposed as cheating with highest paid NBA to be players. Who'd thought everyone, even blue bloods have to lubricant to stay on top.

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Or we could become like Arizona, Kentucky, Duke being exposed as cheating with highest paid NBA to be players. Who'd thought everyone, even blue bloods have to lubricant to stay on top.
    Express, please don't tell me that this surprises you.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    It's worse for NBA growth.

No College Coattails from One-n-Done.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_BayouCajun View Post
    You are so right. It would totally suck to be a program like Kentucky. 🤔🤔😉😉
    While a championship program would be great, I think the constant influx of 1 and dones would make me a bit jaded. While I would love for the Cajuns to get some championships, I have also enjoyed watching kids grow up in our program, right before our eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    While a championship program would be great, I think the constant influx of 1 and dones would make me a bit jaded. While I would love for the Cajuns to get some championships, I have also enjoyed watching kids grow up in our program, right before our eyes.

Getting one 5 star doesn't mean that would happen and obviously it would take lots of success to even begin down that road. Our coaching situation would change constantly if that did happen as we don't have the staying power to keep the types of coaches who could lure those prospects here in the first place. Hell, if we were to make the tournament and advance, I'd bet that Marlin's phone starts ringing. See Chris Beard from UALR a few years ago.

ZoomZoom is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Getting one 5 star doesn't mean that would happen and obviously it would take lots of success to even begin down that road. Our coaching situation would change constantly if that did happen as we don't have the staying power to keep the types of coaches who could lure those prospects here in the first place. Hell, if we were to make the tournament and advance, I'd bet that Marlin's phone starts ringing. See Chris Beard from UALR a few years ago.
    If Bob Marlin goes for a offer we can't compete with, I cannot blame. Smart financial management and a good agent, he's set for life.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast