_ _ _ _

Thread: OT: Emmert

I have a Question OT: Emmert

So it is now alleged that dr emmert knew about mich st situation....
    Could that be why penn st's penalties were curtailed after the fact?
    And i still never quite understood why with all the bad things baylor did, it has only led to one conviction. With a second likeley (but that player transferred from penn st-irony) what really happened? Seems a lot more bad press, firings and outrage than usual with one conviction. (The sec had 50 football players arrested last year for comparison)
    Meanwhile vanderbilt had four rape convictions of james franklin players yet penn st hires him to clean things up?... Not much news about those
    So what was the real reason they went after baylor?? Was it because they are big 12 or is it because they are a christian school?.... Or or or...tin foil time(if it wasnt already) better sit down for this one...... Could it have been because they needed univ pres kenneth starr disgraced and in hiding so he wouldnt make news during the 2016 campaign and possibly campaign against hillary????
    Meanwhile when i hear about cover ups it reminds me about the obstruction of justice concerns in the special counsel investigation. What happened to the fbi of shootouts with the mafia, of elliot ness days? why are now a coach,AD, or text message or tweet capable of curtailing justice, seems weak if they are obstructed so easily, i doubt the mafia was self reporting, yet those cases got solved...if there was really something to find and they wanted to seems they could have solved it on their own.

DieHard1280 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    So it is now alleged that dr emmert knew about mich st situation....
    Could that be why penn st's penalties were curtailed after the fact?
    And i still never quite understood why with all the bad things baylor did, it has only led to one conviction. With a second likeley (but that player transferred from penn st-irony) what really happened? Seems a lot more bad press, firings and outrage than usual with one conviction. (The sec had 50 football players arrested last year for comparison)
    Meanwhile vanderbilt had four rape convictions of james franklin players yet penn st hires him to clean things up?... Not much news about those
    So what was the real reason they went after baylor?? Was it because they are big 12 or is it because they are a christian school?.... Or or or...tin foil time(if it wasnt already) better sit down for this one...... Could it have been because they needed univ pres kenneth starr disgraced and in hiding so he wouldnt make news during the 2016 campaign and possibly campaign against hillary????
    Meanwhile when i hear about cover ups it reminds me about the obstruction of justice concerns in the special counsel investigation. What happened to the fbi of shootouts with the mafia, of elliot ness days? why are now a coach,AD, or text message or tweet capable of curtailing justice, seems weak if they are obstructed so easily, i doubt the mafia was self reporting, yet those cases got solved...if there was really something to find and they wanted to seems they could have solved it on their own.
    Boomer's kid?

Default Re: OT: something doesnt add up

It's not what you know it's who you know. It also helps to know where all the skeletons are buried. (And who buried them)

Frenchie35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    It also helps to know where all the skeletons are buried. (And who buried them)
    Don't think for a minute they don't know........you could load the court room with murder chargers.

Just1More is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Make no mistake that powerful people are covering up scandals day in and day out. That isn't what baffles me. It baffles me that ordinary people that are in numerous roles witnessing these behaviors, don't coalesce sooner... come forward with irrefutable evidence and testimony... and end these activities much earlier in their manifestations.

I'm not blown away when I hear of a deviant molesting isolated victims... and it not surfacing until well down the road. I am blown completely away by years, decades of abuse on countless victims... and it only seeing the light of justice well after 8000 people are directly or indirectly involved. They come out of the wood work well after the fact... and stack 10,000 claims in an synchronized avalanche. It shouldn't get to avalanche mode.

The last thing we can do is turn on the victims. But I do hope that these deviants... especially those embedded in power systems... are not allowed... as they obviously have for so many years/decades... to use that odd web of power... unchecked... and victimize huge numbers of people. Some of these victim groups need to study these cases and figure out ways to intervene earlier... without simply attacking the system and saying that it further victimizes them.

How in the world did so many young girls... many who knew each other and discussed this piece of garbage and what he did... not see that it was imperative that they come forward... EVEN at the risk of personal embarrassment or lack of support... and remove this deviant so that he didn't continue to molest.

As men, it's easy to suggest women should have come forward.

Many did. Some of them had parents that didn't even believe them.

Victim blaming is also rampant.

Just1More is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    As men, it's easy to suggest women should have come forward.

Many did. Some of them had parents that didn't even believe them.

Victim blaming is also rampant.
    That's a fact. But in the case of Penn State, that wasn't girls/women. In many cases with priests, it was both boys and girls. I, again, do not want to "blame the victims". There are victim advocacy groups that specialize in taking information in confidence and establishing methods of protecting victims through the process of public accusation and legal charges. My shock is in these cases where there are so many victims, over so many years, and this individual or individuals are allowed to continue for way way too long.

Maybe I'm an exception... but if I as a parent hear even a remote utterance of this... the individual involved is going to need to pray that the justice system intervenes immediately... and protects them from what I'm extremely capable of doing. And I only make fast work of people that I need to dispatch so that I can get on to other things I enjoy.

I will say that in the case of Harvey Weinstein... despite him being a repugnant piece of scum... the victims don't impress me either. In cases where being silent in the face of a molester... with power to improve your career... and you do not say anything even at the risk of your career (the casting couch has been in play for attractive women for 100 years)... in order to stand up to a molester... I have little regard for either side.

Are we back on Loteif again?

Good takes to all, thanks.

Default OT:eligibility

https://wamu.org/story/18/01/29/one-...cy-violations/

Hmm, i know dr emmert is busy denying he knew about larry nassar, but it would be interesting to know if any of these fake graduates played in the NCAA. How can anyone be trusted from one of these schools?
    And it couldnt have been just one year?

Blog Entries

Default Re: OT:eligibility

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    https://wamu.org/story/18/01/29/one-...cy-violations/

Hmm, i know dr emmert is busy denying he knew about larry nassar, but it would be interesting to know if any of these fake graduates played in the NCAA. How can anyone be trusted from one of these schools?
    And it couldnt have been just one year?
    Question, why start another thread on Emmert when you already started one? Just asking.