_ _ _ _
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 427

Thread: 2018 verbal commitments

  1. #81
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LAFAYETTE
    Posts
    9,966
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: 2018 verbal commitments

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    Coach Napier has a 5 year contract.

    Will he be expected to fulfill his "commitment" to Louisiana?

    Say we're in the Fall of 2019, and Coach Napier has put together 9-4 and 10-3 seasons, in addition to getting a number of 3 star and a few 4 star recruits to commit early. Kids who came here because of Coach.

    Coach Napier leaves for Tennessee.

    Will we still hold those kids who made "commitments" to Louisiana to their word?
    If the NCAA votes on and adopts a recent proposal that would allow a student athlete to transfer at any time, that question will never have to be asked again.

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LAFAYETTE
    Posts
    9,966
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: 2018 verbal commitments

    Gannon is coming in at UL, one way or another!



  3. #83
    basinbear's Avatar
    basinbear is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Missouri City, TX.
    Posts
    5,900

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Gannon is coming in at UL, one way or another!


    Good....he's a damned good football player

  4. #84
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    751

    Default Re: 2018 verbal commitments

    Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    Good....he's a damned good football player
    Must run in the family.

  5. #85
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    lafayette
    Posts
    11,793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    Coach Napier has a 5 year contract.

    Will he be expected to fulfill his "commitment" to Louisiana?

    Say we're in the Fall of 2019, and Coach Napier has put together 9-4 and 10-3 seasons, in addition to getting a number of 3 star and a few 4 star recruits to commit early. Kids who came here because of Coach.

    Coach Napier leaves for Tennessee.

    Will we still hold those kids who made "commitments" to Louisiana to their word?
    If he says he is perfectly content at Louisiana and has no intentions of going anywhere and I want to retire here, then 8 days later he is the coach of Tennessee..how would you react? Or if he doesn't say anything and says this is the best decision for me and my family and i Gabe to take this opportunity, most people would respect that. It's not always what you do, it's how you do it.

  6. #86
    basinbear's Avatar
    basinbear is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Missouri City, TX.
    Posts
    5,900

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mahtoo View Post
    Must run in the family.
    He's not quite as fast as his dad but he's very quick.....he's gonna get bigger....

  7. #87
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    14,515

    UL Football Re: 2018 verbal commitments

    Quote Originally Posted by Bankruptcyman View Post
    A lot of these kids do not have anyone in their family with a college degree. Getting a free college education is a tremendous gift and can be a life changing event. Anything else is lagniappe.
    Let's never pretend it's a gift. The athletes earn every bit of that education. It's no gift, let's not get careless with our language because mindset follows language.

  8. #88
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    lafayette
    Posts
    11,793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Gannon is coming in at UL, one way or another!


    Impressive looking kid

  9. #89
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,773

    Default Re: 2018 verbal commitments

    His Dad was one bad ___z on the football field


  10. #90
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Opelousas, LA
    Posts
    1,573

    Default Re: 2018 verbal commitments

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Let's never pretend it's a gift. The athletes earn every bit of that education. It's no gift, let's not get careless with our language because mindset follows language.
    You do work incredibly hard and certainly earn your scholarship but it is a gift. I considered it a gift and a life changing event.

  11. #91
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    broussard,la
    Posts
    6,493
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: 2018 verbal commitments

    Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    Good....he's a damned good football player
    CHris Gannon's son?

  12. #92
    VObserver's Avatar
    VObserver is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Abbeville, LA
    Posts
    5,787

    Default Re: 2018 verbal commitments

    Yes


  13. #93
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    broussard,la
    Posts
    6,493
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: 2018 verbal commitments

    Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Yes
    Nothing better than having a legacy join the team. SCholly or he gonna bust some A$% for it

  14. #94
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    If he says he is perfectly content at Louisiana and has no intentions of going anywhere and I want to retire here, then 8 days later he is the coach of Tennessee..how would you react? Or if he doesn't say anything and says this is the best decision for me and my family and i Gabe to take this opportunity, most people would respect that. It's not always what you do, it's how you do it.
    So if a young man commits, doesn't say anything, and then a week later he decommits because he has an offer to Tennessee and at that point says this is his best opportunity and turn to the NFL, You would be OK with this?

  15. #95
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    lafayette
    Posts
    11,793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    So if a young man commits, doesn't say anything, and then a week later he decommits because he has an offer to Tennessee and at that point says this is his best opportunity and turn to the NFL, You would be OK with this?
    Well first off, committing he said something. In this case, if he ssts on twitter to "respect his decision" which means leave me alone im done..then 8 days later decommits and ask to once again reduect his decision i have a problem with that. At that point your words means nothing

  16. #96
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    4,457

    Default Re: 2018 verbal commitments

    They really should call it something else. Considering both the school or the kid can and do pull the commitment on zero notice. Commitment is definitely an innacurate description...for both sides.

    Going steady? Friends, with benefits?


  17. #97
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    549
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: 2018 verbal commitments

    From Louisiana Football Magazine:

    "Brandon Gannon is 6-3, 240 pounds of muscle," Brecheen said. "He is quick, smart, can read, stop the run, and can rush the passer. Like his father Chris Gannon, he can do a little bit of everything. I just like his overall game as he brings a little bit of everything to the table."
    Gannon is a complete football player as he can play the run, rush the passer, and can create turnovers. His versatility and ability to take over a game on defense were huge reasons on why we put him on the cover of our South Louisiana magazine and put him on our All-South Louisiana team. If the Cougars are going to repeat this season, they will have to rely on Gannon making a lot of defensive plays this season. Surprisingly, he has received no offers from any schools, but has received interests from in state schools. If they watch Gannon play in person and realize the pedigree he comes from, there will be a lot more colleges that will look at what Gannon can do. In today's recruit spotlight, we caught up with Brandon Gannon as he talked about winning the state championship last season, last week's win against Lafayette, being on the cover of our magazine, the advice that he receives from his dad, and so much more!

    Beast!


  18. #98
    DaddyCajun's Avatar
    DaddyCajun is offline Dig deep UL will Prosper! Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Da Cro
    Posts
    5,878

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    His Dad was one bad ___z on the football field
    His dad and Jake D and Brandon S were all in quite a few classes together with me at UL! Awesome people and players

  19. #99
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    lafayette
    Posts
    11,793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    They really should call it something else. Considering both the school or the kid can and do pull the commitment on zero notice. Commitment is definitely an innacurate description...for both sides.

    Going steady? Friends, with benefits?
    We talkin

  20. #100
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Well first off, committing he said something. In this case, if he ssts on twitter to "respect his decision" which means leave me skim I️m done..then 8 days later decommits and ask to once again reduect his decision i have a problem with that. At that point your words means nothing
    Not this young man.

    Any other young man.

    Hence the "a" and not a "the" in my previous post.

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •