_ _ _ _
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Basketball RPI

Default Re: Basketball RPI

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    Just win. No loss is good medicine.
    You learn a lot from winning!

VObserver is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

RPI today is 54, per Warren Nolan.
    BPI and SOR are both 45, per ESPN.

Next week's games are our last real chance to improve those numbers. We need a combination of extraordinary events to have a chance at an at large bid; but if we take care of our business as we have been, I believe we may have a shot at an 11 seed as SBC tournament championship.

11 seed?!
    That would be phenomenal!
    I would be happy with a 12 seed.

I counted about 20 teams with at least 20 wins.
    I counted about 11 teams with 3 losses or less.

The Ragin' Cajuns are in both of these groups.
    Nice company to be in!
    Go Cajuns!

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    RPI today is 54, per Warren Nolan.
    BPI and SOR are both 45, per ESPN.

Next week's games are our last real chance to improve those numbers. We need a combination of extraordinary events to have a chance at an at large bid; but if we take care of our business as we have been, I believe we may have a shot at an 11 seed as SBC tournament championship.
    There's no extraordinary circumstance on planet earth that will give this team an at-large bid, even if we run the table and win every game by 50 before losing in the title game.

Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post
    There's no extraordinary circumstance on planet earth that will give this team an at-large bid, even if we run the table and win every game by 50 before losing in the title game.
    Stranger things have happened. Most every year the selection committee has given the "Big Boys" something to pout about...why not us may be remote but not impossible. Of course winning the conference tourney makes this all moot!

We dropped a point and are now at 53.

ZoomZoom is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post

+1

We're not breaking into the top 30 RPI/BPI at the end of the season. Even if we did, we have ZERO to show against the top 25 or 50. We can break into the coach's top 25? Does not matter.

We , HAVE to win the tournament.

Most importantly, have to win next game up. Momentum.

I don't like to make predictions of any selection committee because the makeup of the committee changes every year. The fact of the matter is that these committees use the power/percentage index more than they use the "eye test." The Cajuns "look" like a team that deserves to be in the NCAA tournament, but with only 3 top 100 games, all losses, and no chance of playing a top 100 team the rest of the way, it seems totally illogical for the committee to give the Cajuns an at large bid.

Just win Thursday.

While I believe our chances are slim (and we know where he is) for an at-large one thing that people are leaving out of the equation are "stolen bids" and "depth" of the major conferences. I haven't looked at the depth issue but if a couple of P5 conferences are shallow in teams up for consideration and the there weren't a bunch of stolen bids from some of the leagues that are two or three bid conferences then I wouldn't rule it out completely.

Blog Entries

There are a few at large prediictions, the zero percent crowd, the maybe group etc.

My guarantee prediction: If there are zero conference tourney upsets, Louisiana is in.

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    There are a few at large prediictions, the zero percent crowd, the maybe group etc.

My guarantee prediction: If there are zero conference tourney upsets, Louisiana is in.
    Both Boise and Nevada have 20 wins. Two teams get in, we just need no bottom feeders getting in from MWC, or teams like Tulane in all conferences.

Our chances of running the table and an 11 seed or better is far more likely than an at large. That kind of poses a question, why is one more Win bumping you to a higher seed than the last at large?

Clutch0364 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

What I am worried about is getting in as a 12 seed and having to play in a play-in game.

12-seeds that are in playoffs are only at-large teams. We won't play-in if we win tourney.

Clutch0364 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    12-seeds that are in playoffs are only at-large teams. We won't play-in if we win tourney.
    Ahhh I didn't realize that. thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    While I believe our chances are slim (and we know where he is) for an at-large one thing that people are leaving out of the equation are "stolen bids" and "depth" of the major conferences. I haven't looked at the depth issue but if a couple of P5 conferences are shallow in teams up for consideration and the there weren't a bunch of stolen bids from some of the leagues that are two or three bid conferences then I wouldn't rule it out completely.
    Nobody steals a bid. i hate that term. There are probably 7-8 mid-majors that get berths ahead of us if they don't win their tournament, though. Expand to 80, and we probably still don't get an at-large. We're not even in the conversation, even at 31-4. Must win the last 3.

I agree that at large chances are remote. But I do believe that 29-3 might get us an 11 seed. No better than that, but the 11 is possible.

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Basketball Re: Basketball RPI

Remember it'll be 31/3 not 29/3.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Remember it'll be 31/3 not 29/3.
    We can count the. Non D1 wins, but the NCAA won't.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast