_ _ _ _
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Napier Names Roberts New Defensive Coordinator

Default Re: Napier Names Roberts New Defensive Coordinator

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    No one does a national search for assistant coaches. That is the advantage to being a head coach, you can hire your own staff.. for good or bad.
    The point being it was a lazy internal hire much like Munez as OC

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    He put ZERO feelers out and hired Lucus becuase it was a favor for someone
    Still don't think he gets anyone to bite, writing was on the wall at that point. Pretty moot at this point. Again, that's the story id tell too if nobody wanted to come coach for me. If Hudspeth has a better option to save his 7 figure job he would have taken it. Coaches don't do people favors with a noose around their neck.

The point being it was a lazy internal hire much like Munez as OC
    Your point was not made because it was not a valid point. Do you think Napier did a national search for his assistants? Head coaches hire assistants who they have worked with before or who they are familiar with.

Hahahahaha that's a killer staff you guys got there.
    Y'all really thought Baker would ruin his career by going there.
    Pleassssssssssse, absolutely no way
    Scott was smart to get out of there, that speaks volumes of your program lol.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BLUDog View Post
    What speaks volumes about the direction of our program is the fact the Baker would even consider the opportunity because UL could pay him $100K per year more in salary! You smucks were ____ing all over yourselves trashing Baker just a few days ago and you didn't show your ugly face until now. Too ashamed that your program can't afford to match a SBC program in salary for a assistant coach.
    LFMAO!!!!!!

Your point was not made because it was not a valid point. Do you think Napier did a national search for his assistants? Head coaches hire assistants who they have worked with before or who they are familiar with.
    Where did he work with Juluke/ Rory Segrest /Toney / Looney/Mark Hocke .. must have missed the connection

Clutch0364 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Where did he work with Juluke/ Rory Segrest /Toney / Looney/Mark Hocke .. must have missed the connection
    Hocke was with Alabama. You are correct on the rest of them.

Did you read my entire quote?

Blog Entries

Going with Lucas in 16 was a brilliant emergency move by Hud. It just wasn't a good long term move.

Did you read my entire quote?
    CrazyCajun nailed it:

"If Hudspeth has a better option to save his 7 figure job he would have taken it. Coaches don't do people favors with a noose around their neck."

Call it what you want, Napier's options dwarfed whatever options Hud may have had at the moment.

Blog Entries

Scott wasn't running from, he was running to!

seriously? You must be a closet UL fan. To be on our page this much says it all. You obviously envy what we do at UL. If you don't, then why else would you be here? It can't be because you are an idiot? So, I'm just going to settle for ignorant and envy of what we have at UL.

If I am wrong, then prove me wrong! Show me that you don't care about what we do by "Never showing up on this site ever again"

👍🏼 Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    CrazyCajun nailed it:

"If Hudspeth has a better option to save his 7 figure job he would have taken it. Coaches don't do people favors with a noose around their neck."

Call it what you want, Napier's options dwarfed whatever options Hud may have had at the moment.
    My disagreement with you involved one incorrect statement you made about national searches for assistant coaches. I could care less what hud did or did not do, head coaches hire assistants normally without a "national search."

My disagreement with you involved one incorrect statement you made about national searches for assistant coaches. I could care less what hud did or did not do, head coaches hire assistants normally without a "national search."
    Jesus dude, calm down. Could you not tell that my comment was dripping with sarcasm?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    ... my comment was dripping with sarcasm?
    Please mop the floor.

Don't you have a basketball program to worry about? Oh. Thats right yall suck. Well baseball is coming up... Oh heck. Nevermind. Its tough being a pup these days, huh?
    I've said it before. LATURD has topped out. There is nowhere for them to go. Louisiana, on the other hand has just begun to be the program it can be. We are on our way. Lturd is stuck in the mud.

Roberts, who has coached the Lions since 2012, will join Billy Napier's Louisiana staff as defensive coordinator.

"I got the call from Coach Napier on Wednesday, and it just kind of happened pretty quick," Roberts said Friday while preparing to leave Hammond for Lafayette. "I went over there, and you see all the things they're doing facility-wise, and the program. Coach Napier, I sat down with him. He's got a tremendous plan and a lot of things I firmly believe in. That was a huge part for me because I want to work for somebody I respect a lot. I think they're going in the right direction, and he definitely shows that. I'm looking forward to the opportunity to work for him."

"They're going to give the opportunity to run it (defense), and I'm excited about it. I think the sky is the limit. I think we can go over there and do some great things in a hurry."

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    What speaks volumes about the direction of our program is the fact the Baker would even consider the opportunity because UL could pay him $100K per year more in salary! You smucks were ____ing all over yourselves trashing Baker just a few days ago and you didn't show your ugly face until now. Too ashamed that your program can't afford to match a SBC program in salary for a assistant coach.
    LFMAO!!!!!!
    Thompson, you're going to have a hell of a time removing your foot from the idiot's arse. My god, that was a massacre.

Those petty losers up north sure have been quiet lately though.. Can't wait to see the excuses when we start owning their asses on the regular... lmao

DaddyCajun is offline Dig deep UL will Prosper! Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I'm thinking more like Robe getting Szcfc. That was pretty successful for both.
    I hope that "Schef" analogy plays out and last at least 3-5 years! Win conference out right, Bigger Bowl Game, Stadium addition and renovation, and American or Big XII Conference invite!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    I hope that "Schef" analogy plays out and last at least 3-5 years! Win conference out right, Bigger Bowl Game, Stadium addition and renovation, and American or Big XII Conference invite!
    January is sweet.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast