_ _ _ _
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 92

Thread: Someone has to say it... (Saints)

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Not having to play Aaron Rodgers, the botched intentional grounding against the Redskins, playing the Panthers in round 1 of the playoffs, and getting two rookie QB's in their first starts. Luck is a very important part to any playoff run.
    Kind of like having a veteran kicker yank a 27yd field goal...

  2. #42
    ZoomZoom's Avatar
    ZoomZoom is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5,132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    Bortles
    Keenum
    Foles
    Brady

    I know where my money is going.
    Please do. Vegas is counting on you.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    7,841

    Default Re: Someone has to say it... (Saints)

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Sounds like the nature of sports in general. Calling it luck is just a cheap dig.
    I disagree, while yes it is the nature of the game it is still luck, having said that almost every team that wins a championship or has a great run must have some luck involved. If it was anyone but Hawk saying it, this would just be an observation and not a cheap dig.

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    19,900
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Someone has to say it... (Saints)

    Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    It takes more than one play to make a game.. win or lose. There were alot of things that contributed to the Saints losing that game. Not just one missed tackle at the end of the game.
    You are describing sports in general, it often comes down to the last play.

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,085

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    We lost a lot of starters in Okafor, Klein, Anzalone,Breaux,Fairley and Peat.

    Fired our team doctors, sent a hall of fame running back packing for a rookie.

    Played under the craziest ownership battle one could imagine and most of all started the season 0-2.

    Not how we wanted it to end, but the future is bright. We sort of overacheived this year. Who Dat!
    And on top of Okafor, Klein, Anzalone,Breaux,Fairley and Peat, include Strief, Fleener, Kuhn, and Vaccaro and now you're talking 10 starters on IR.

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    7,841

    Default Re: Someone has to say it... (Saints)

    Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    And it's not even a cheap dig...I gave the Saints credit for the gutsy comeback. I didn't think they had it in them.
    Yeah I didn't take it as a cheap dig, you are a lot of things but subtle is not one lol...when you "dig" you dig big.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    19,900
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Someone has to say it... (Saints)

    Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    And it's not even a cheap dig...I gave the Saints credit for the gutsy comeback. I didn't think they had it in them.
    The cheap dig was your description of the lead up to how they found themselves in that game.

    Your gutsy comeback comment was spot on.

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    SW Wisconsin
    Posts
    872

    Default Re: Someone has to say it... (Saints)

    All you knuckleheads piling on Williams are forgetting what he did in the 59:50 before that play, including the brilliant interception of Keenum that set up the second touchdown. Dude made a mistake, which means he's human. And he owned up to it after the game, which means he's got integrity.

    I'm with the rookie. Hope he gets another chance.


  9. #49
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    19,900
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Someone has to say it... (Saints)

    Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    The truth will set you free. It's not a stretch to say a team that went 7-9 the previous 3 seasons needed luck to get to 11-5.
    Well now I know what you think of 4-straight 9-4 seasons.

  10. #50
    basinbear's Avatar
    basinbear is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Missouri City, TX.
    Posts
    5,846

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    The cheap dig was your description of the lead up to how they found themselves in that game.

    Your gutsy comeback comment was spot on.
    I did not take anything Hawk stated as a cheap dig.....I was amazed that the Saints played pretty good defense this season considering all of the injuries to starters. And I guarantee you Hawk can name several instances where luck played was force for the Seahawks playoff runs. We had a DB have a brain cramp at the wrong time....that's all it was.

  11. #51
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    I did not take anything Hawk stated as a cheap dig.....I was amazed that the Saints played pretty good defense this season considering all of the injuries to starters. And I guarantee you Hawk can name several instances where luck played was force for the Seahawks playoff runs. We had a DB have a brain cramp at the wrong time....that's all it was.
    I'd be interested to see his list of luck for the Seahawks playoff runs. Because as soon as someone mentioned the Viking kickers shanks fg to move Seattle on, he called the man salty.

  12. #52
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    19,900
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Someone has to say it... (Saints)

    Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    I did not take anything Hawk stated as a cheap dig.....I was amazed that the Saints played pretty good defense this season considering all of the injuries to starters. And I guarantee you Hawk can name several instances where luck played was force for the Seahawks playoff runs. We had a DB have a brain cramp at the wrong time....that's all it was.
    So, I may be guilty of knowing the history of his feelings towards the Saints and letting them cloud my judgement on his lucky breaks comment.

  13. #53
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    4,299

    Default Re: Someone has to say it... (Saints)

    Meh...the visable lucky breaks usually balance out with the less publicized bad breaks and you end up right where you deserve. Fact was they were not good enough to go deeper in the playoffs. If they were, they would have gotten it done.


  14. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    19,900
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Someone has to say it... (Saints)

    Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    Meh...the visable lucky breaks usually balance out with the less publicized bad breaks and you end up right where you deserve. Fact was they were not good enough to go deeper in the playoffs. If they were, they would have gotten it done.
    One player/play away.

  15. #55
    CajunAmos's Avatar
    CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    6,196

    Default Re: Someone has to say it... (Saints)

    The tough one was the missed neutral zone penalty on the third down just prior to the last Saints FG. No time left if that is called correctly.


  16. #56
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    The tough one was the missed neutral zone penalty on the third down just prior to the last Saints FG. No time left if that is called correctly.
    I guess the Vikings got lucky on that one

  17. #57
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Abbeville, LA
    Posts
    2,500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    The truth will set you free. It's not a stretch to say a team that went 7-9 the previous 3 seasons needed luck to get to 11-5.
    Or, not having the worst defense in NFL history for the 4th consecutive year helped a bunch.

  18. #58
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    SW Wisconsin
    Posts
    872

    Default Re: Someone has to say it... (Saints)

    Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    They drafted well...but the improvement in the defense was more scheme than anything. That was the air raid version of defense. Super aggressive. Once teams hone in on it...it won't be pretty. They have better talent...but it's still a talent poor defense.
    They actually had pretty decent talent, along with all pro (Lattimore, Cam Jordan) players. But when you lose half of your starters to injury, including your starting middle linebacker (A.J. Klein), you're going to have problems.

  19. #59
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    2,313

    Default Re: Someone has to say it... (Saints)

    Quote Originally Posted by AirBill View Post
    All you knuckleheads piling on Williams are forgetting what he did in the 59:50 before that play, including the brilliant interception of Keenum that set up the second touchdown. Dude made a mistake, which means he's human. And he owned up to it after the game, which means he's got integrity.

    I'm with the rookie. Hope he gets another chance.
    Yes.... and if the Saints convert 3rd and 1 with about 30 seconds left, Vikes never get the ball again... Kamara to the middle of the field was excessively conservative in that spot, IMHO.

  20. #60
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    679

    Default Re: Someone has to say it... (Saints)

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    The tough one was the missed neutral zone penalty on the third down just prior to the last Saints FG. No time left if that is called correctly.
    Of all the poor officials, This was the most atrocious because it was impossible to miss. The Viking was way past the neutral zone. He had his head hanging over the ball so far his ears were tickling the centers butt.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •