Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Someone has to say it... (Saints)

Default Re: Someone has to say it...

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    #43 had money on the game. Worse defensive play in history of football.
    If you don't have some doubt about the NFL being rigged, the Vikings were favored by 5 points in Vegas!

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    If you don't have some doubt about the NFL being rigged, the Vikings were favored by 5 points in Vegas!
    5.5 I believe...and they kneeled on "2 pt conversion" play with 5 pt difference

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    The Saints covered sir. Your argument is invalid.

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    Williams was too afraid of getting a pass interference to make a play. __ ___ that was ugly.
    How do you get a pass interference call when the receiver has already caught the ball? This mofo just straight up whiffed on the tackle. Rigged or not, this one hurts

basinbear is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    I can't say I was really devastated when Wilson threw the pick to lose the Super Bowl at the one. I had my 6 month old son in my arms, thinking the game was over. Ready to share a special moment with my little man. The only words I could utter was...ouch. I didn't yell, didn't scream, didn't break anything. Just sat there with my son watching whatever else was on TV. Wife knew what happened and gave me a wide berth, but honestly I was ok with it at the time. Strange effect our little ones have over us.

Over the next few days it ate at me like a intestinal virus. Just reliving the stupidity of it all and how in the hell was this real. Hatred towards Darrell Bevell, which thankfully is now gone, sad to see Tater go though. He was integral to Wilson becoming an elite QB.

So I've been there, done that. I was impressed by their comeback in a hostile environment against a good team. Sad, this is prolly Brees last good shot to win it all. He deserves better, as much as it pains me to say it.
    Well......if Coaching taught me one thing it was don't get too high after a win and too low after a loss....I've mostly been chuckling to myself after this one.....would love to watch the video next week with the Saints staff.....

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    Well......if Coaching taught me one thing it was don't get too high after a win and too low after a loss....I've mostly been chuckling to myself after this one.....would love to watch the video next week with the Saints staff.....
    That is if the Mara family doesn't back up the truck and take Payton and Brees to New York.

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

It wasn't rigged. It was just a colossal failure of an attempted tackle at the worst possible time. Devastating.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    It wasn't rigged. It was just a colossal failure of an attempted tackle at the worst possible time. Devastating.
    Sadly enough that is how these players "tackle" these days. Head down and prayer

We lost a lot of starters in Okafor, Klein, Anzalone,Breaux,Fairley and Peat.

Fired our team doctors, sent a hall of fame running back packing for a rookie.

Played under the craziest ownership battle one could imagine and most of all started the season 0-2.

Not how we wanted it to end, but the future is bright. We sort of overacheived this year. Who Dat!

I saw someone mention earlier and he's right, convert 3rd and 1 and Minnesota never gets the ball back.

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Football Re: Someone has to say it...

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post

Played under the craziest ownership battle one could imagine and most of all started the season 0-2.

Not how we wanted it to end, but the future is bright. We sort of overacheived this year. Who Dat!
    I can take getting beat, but we lost that game on a
    play NFL safeties and corners make 99.9% of the time. That's it we didn't get beat we lost.

Screw next year, nobody is promised next week much less next year.

I think that the DB was ducking to avoid the pass interference penalty as I'm sure Saints coaches were telling the DB's not to interfere during the timeout just before... So when the rookie gets there a tad early he ducks to avoid the pass interference and the rest is history. Honestly, if he doesn't duck and does go through with the tackle, I think it's a bang bang play and no flag would have been thrown.

Oh well... Hopefully Brees comes back for one more year... My wish would be #1 seed and home field throughout the playoffs.

WhoDat!

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    Sadly enough that is how these players "tackle" these days. Head down and prayer
    I've seen that "tackle" 100 times... maybe 1000. It's the armless, handless collision tackle where the target is supposed to fall from the impact. It does jar a ball loose from the receiver every now and then. This wasn't time for it.

I feel bad for 43, actually. All of his colleagues in the NFL do it every game. He does it at the worst possible time. I hope he doesn't take the failure of this tackling flaw personally. If he gets punched in the nuts for it... so should most coaches in collegiate and pro football. He didn't learn that on his own.

14. UL Football Vikings stun Saints with last-second TD to advance to NFC Championship Game

MINNEAPOLIS – In giant white letters on signage throughout the stadium, and in purple print on white towels placed on each of the 66,000 seats at U.S. Bank Stadium, the Minnesota Vikings made their intentions clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post

Yeah, but they were there. You don't get "there"'every year. That was tough to see.

We spotted them the worst half of football we've played all year and 17 points, and they needed the confluence of that ball in that spot with that tackle attempt (not to mention not calling a neutral zone infraction on our 3rd and 1 attempt before the go-ahead FG) to win.

It sucks, yeah. I think we played well enough to deserve to win, even including the horrible first half. But they played well all game and they made one more play than we did. Not going to hang on to the loss for a decade or anything (lord knows I heard Vikings fans talk about bounties in 2009 all week). Hopefully we get the opportunity again. Guys learn from mistakes, and Williams was rock solid all season long as a rookie starter until the last play. Biggest message they get, I hope, is that you need to leave no doubt. Win more in the regular season to make opportunities come to you in the postseason.

Default Re: Someone has to say it... (Saints)

The problem was that Williams thought about the tackle right before the attempt at making the tackle. If he just runs into the guy without thinking about it the game is over...rookie mistake. Hope this one play doesn't define his career.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by studentfan View Post
    The problem was that Williams thought about the tackle right before the attempt at making the tackle. If he just runs into the guy without thinking about it the game is over...rookie mistake. Hope this one play doesn't define his career.
    Having to "think" makes great athletes less than average players.

The Saints are who we thought they were.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    I've seen that "tackle" 100 times... maybe 1000. It's the armless, handless collision tackle where the target is supposed to fall from the impact. It does jar a ball loose from the receiver every now and then. This wasn't time for it.

I feel bad for 43, actually. All of his colleagues in the NFL do it every game. He does it at the worst possible time. I hope he doesn't take the failure of this tackling flaw personally. If he gets punched in the nuts for it... so should most coaches in collegiate and pro football. He didn't learn that on his own.
    Silver lining...maybe, just maybe, this will be the beginning of the end of the infatuation with that terrible tackling technique.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast