_ _ _ _
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: MBB...Best Start In 45 Years

Default MBB...Best Start In 45 Years

I've been here since 98 and remember some players that were naturally gifted, but just weren't focused...Orien Greene and Michael Southall for example. This team just looks so loaded with players that make the game look easy. We have some gifted players on this team that play as a team and I'm loving the unselfishness. I hope they continue to bring in team focused High Schoolers and a couple of solid transfers to replace those that graduate and play some tougher opponents to challenge them before the tournament. I'm loving it. Cheers!

Default Re: MBB...Best Start In 45 Years

Me also... I've never seen a Cajun team play this type of smothering TEAM defense. Slow start offensively, but once it got going, it was because of the defensive end leading to easy buckets.

Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Tripple Threat View Post
    I've been here since 98 and remember some players that were naturally gifted, but just weren't focused...Orien Greene and Michael Southall for example. This team just looks so loaded with players that make the game look easy. We have some gifted players on this team that play as a team and I'm loving the unselfishness. I hope they continue to bring in team focused High Schoolers and a couple of solid transfers to replace those that graduate and play some tougher opponents to challenge them before the tournament. I'm loving it. Cheers!
    I am not sure how many people realize how significant this stat is. We have had plenty of good teams in the past not set a 15 and 3 record. The team that did was one that contained legends of Cajun basketball. Some of those fine teams also played schedules similar or weaker to this one. Folks who have not seen them are missing a good show. Hopefully they continue to play well and crowds may continue to grow.

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    Me also... I've never seen a Cajun team play this type of smothering TEAM defense. Slow start offensively, but once it got going, it was because of the defensive end leading to easy buckets.
    Forced 16 TO's, 14 steals, 5 blocks, 23 assists, 45% behind the 3 point line. Solid team play

Grantvb is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

1 word. UNSELFISH..

They're not as athletically dominant as the Jesse Owens teams my first couple years of college, but it's tough to out-athlete Orien Greene, Michael Southall, and especially Dwayne Mitchell. That said, boy is this an impressive team. They play so well together. They feed each other and they have complementary skill sets. Marlin did a great job getting all these guys together, and they've done an outstanding job learning how to operate on the court with each other. What makes them so dangerous is you don't know where it's going to come from; Bartley could drop 20 one night, Stove 25 the next, and if they're having bad nights, Marquetti and Gant will slice you up. And that doesn't even take into account Bryce Washington and the rest of the team.

Blog Entries

Is it a coincidence that the last two times the Cajunbasketball team have been able to play together overseas during off-season they have had a great season?

I may Be remembering wrong but last time Cajuns went to NCAA was when they got to play overseas during offseason?

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

The trips are important, but the talent, and team first mindset is more so.

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    I love the defense. Two things, a buy-in on team defense and footwork. They have both right now and it shows.

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

This team has consistently taken away what the other teams do best. Last night the league leading free throw team failure to sink fee throws early kept us close. They ended up well below their average.

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    Is it a coincidence that the last two times the Cajunbasketball team have been able to play together overseas during off-season they have had a great season?

I may Be remembering wrong but last time Cajuns went to NCAA was when they got to play overseas during offseason?
    It isn't a coincidence. The extra ten practices and three games were huge.

While the three transfers have been with the team a year, they were running the scout team. That extra time together enabled them to play on the same team, so to speak.

Express is correct in his comments. But that extra time together is a big reason why they are so good.

Cajun opponents went 7-3 yesterday.
    Clemson (Miami), Richmond (GW), Savannah State (UMES), Ole Miss (Florida), UNO, Nicholls and McNeese were winners.

Wyoming, La. Tech and SELA (lost to McNeese) came up short.

Despite playing ULM, Cajuns RPI up to 88 this am, thanks to yesterday's results.

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    Clemson (Miami), Richmond (GW), Savannah State (UMES), Ole Miss (Florida), UNO, Nicholls and McNeese were winners.

Despite playing ULM, Cajuns RPI up to 88 this am, thanks to yesterday's results.
    ______ I hate Tech.

VObserver is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Ragin' Cajuns Re: MBB...Best Start In 45 Years

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post

On a related note, Warren Nolan is now projecting that the Cajuns will have an undefeated conference run, a 26-3 record and a regular season RPI of 55.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    On a related note, Warren Nolan is now projecting that the Cajuns will have an undefeated conference run, a 26-3 record and a regular season RPI of 55.
    Sign me up for that, please

ditto....I don't personally think they will do that, but if so it would be huge.

If we've ever had a team mentally prepared for a run like that, this is it. It's not likely cause college b-ball is crazy at times. But I'd be surprised if we lose more than 2 conference games.

Quote Originally Posted by RcL8 View Post
    If we've ever had a team mentally prepared for a run like that, this is it. It's not likely cause college b-ball is crazy at times. But I'd be surprised if we lose more than 2 conference games.
    We should be tested for the first time in conference this week. HUGE week

Warren Nolan is setting up Cajun fans to be disappointed. I think we're a clear step above every team in conference, but basketball is basketball. UTA this week will be really tough. Ga. State is always tough at their gym. And hell, sometimes you just have bad nights and drop one to a bad team.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    Warren Nolan is setting up Cajun fans to be disappointed. I think we're a clear step above every team in conference, but basketball is basketball. UTA this week will be really tough. Ga. State is always tough at their gym. And hell, sometimes you just have bad nights and drop one to a bad team.
    You are of course spot on. Hell, going undefeated NEXT WEEK on the road will be very difficult

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast