Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 41

Thread: Ragin Cajun Facilities page on web site updated!

  1. #21
    Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    6,800

    Default Re: Ragin Cajun "Facilities " page on web site updated!

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Not with the newfound need.
    What is the newfound need for the Cox Building?

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    304

    Default Re: Ragin Cajun

    Quote Originally Posted by SMD7636 View Post
    We need to spend a few bucks to knock down the eye sore, the Cox Communications building, in front of it the APC.
    Yes, it is an eyesore. I believe it's being used as a locker room for the baseball team cause their old locker room has mold. Don't know what the status is of the mold issue. Not sure what other reasons the cox building is being used for.

    Baseball needs a new locker room in a bad way. They should have borrowed a couple of million more and built it at the same time as the rest of the stadium. Probably would have been cheaper to do it then as opposed to doing it next year.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    598

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    That building isn't going anywhere.
    Having those eyesores right next to the new Tigue takes away from it's beauty. Something HAS to be done to move that maintenance shed or brick around it by adding permanent bathroom facilities. It's just Awful looking.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    Yes, it is an eyesore. I believe it's being used as a locker room for the baseball team cause their old locker room has mold. Don't know what the status is of the mold issue. Not sure what other reasons the cox building is being used for.

    Baseball needs a new locker room in a bad way. They should have borrowed a couple of million more and built it at the same time as the rest of the stadium. Probably would have been cheaper to do it then as opposed to doing it next year.
    Couple million for a locker room???....plan on giving each player a personalized marble schitter??

  5. #25
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    3,861

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    Couple million for a locker room???....plan on giving each player a personalized marble schitter??
    Full clubhouse with offices, meeting rooms, possible indoor hitting etc.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    1,524

    Default Re: Ragin Cajun "Facilities " page on web site updated!

    We have one of the top baseball programs in the country. An indoor hitting facility is a must. Indoor cages and Clubhouse on the first floor with office and meeting space upstairs


  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    Couple million for a locker room???....plan on giving each player a personalized marble schitter??
    I think it will cost somewhere around 4 mill for the new locker room.. pro players are suppose to chip in for it

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    1,901

    Default Re: Ragin Cajun

    So the locker room is the new found need? This is temporary, correct?


  9. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    304

    Default Re: Ragin Cajun

    Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    That building isn't going anywhere.
    Why you say?

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    304

    Default Re: Ragin Cajun "Facilities " page on web site updated!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    Full clubhouse with offices, meeting rooms, possible indoor hitting etc.
    Correct... Tony showed me the drawings. It is going to be a multi story complex that would house players locker rooms, lounge area, offices, batting cages etc. Tony said it would cost around 3 million.

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,206

    Default Re: Ragin Cajun "Facilities " page on web site updated!

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Not with the newfound need.
    I cannot see any post past this one......anyone else having that issue?

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    699

    Default Re: Ragin Cajun "Facilities " page on web site updated!

    Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    I cannot see any post past this one......anyone else having that issue?
    No problems here.

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    2,246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    Correct... Tony showed me the drawings. It is going to be a multi story complex that would house players locker rooms, lounge area, offices, batting cages etc. Tony said it would cost around 3 million.
    Tony also told me it would have an upper deck overlooking the baseball field where they could host recruits and their families and feed them during games. That would keep them away from us crazies! :-)

    I also think they are working on the Schilling Shack Party Deck behind the right field fence. Can anyone confirm this construction is going on now?

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    2,246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    I cannot see any post past this one......anyone else having that issue?
    I was having that issue where I couldn't advance to page 2 of this thread on my iPad. But for some reason works on my phone.

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    1,901

    Default Re: Ragin Cajun "Facilities " page on web site updated!

    Turbine, For some reason, when I click on page 2 of this thread, it kicks me back to page 1. Not sure what is going on.

    You delete this after you have read it.


  16. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,206

    Default Re: Ragin Cajun "Facilities " page on web site updated!

    Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    Correct... Tony showed me the drawings. It is going to be a multi story complex that would house players locker rooms, lounge area, offices, batting cages etc. Tony said it would cost around 3 million.
    And this is planned to be built along the first baseline, right? Do we know how soon it's going to be built?

  17. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,206

    Default Re: Ragin Cajun

    Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    Turbine, For some reason, when I click on page 2 of this thread, it kicks me back to page 1. Not sure what is going on.

    You delete this after you have read it.
    That's the issue I'm having too. And I am on my iPad as well......will try on the pc. Very weird.

  18. #38
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    304

    Default Re: Ragin Cajun "Facilities " page on web site updated!

    Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    Look like they heard us. Only criticism I have is they posted pics of Russo Park while it was still under construction. They need to go back now and take new pics. It also officially shows seating capacity at the park at 4,650. If we averaged 5k a game last year why would they not have built it bigger?

  19. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    304

    Default Re: Ragin Cajun "Facilities " page on web site updated!

    Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    And this is planned to be built along the first baseline, right? Do we know how soon it's going to be built?
    It can be built as soon as they come up with the funds. Last I heard, Tony had to raise the money.

  20. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,206

    Default Re: Ragin Cajun "Facilities " page on web site updated!

    Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    It can be built as soon as they come up with the funds. Last I heard, Tony had to raise the money.
    Yes, but i heard he had gotten all the necessary funds (through former players), don't know if that is true or not.....or if it is to be built along the 1st baseline

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •