Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I got 50 bucks on

Default I got 50 bucks on

Tonight will be the biggest MBB crowd yet and there will still be just 2 people working up stairs concessions on the east side and the lines will be ungodly long. They will also still have the upper deck roped off our version of blue tarp. Never fails when the first big crowd is expected.

Default Re: I got 50 bucks on

Would be (pleasantly) surprised if more than 5000.

Quote Originally Posted by IberiaCajun View Post
    That would be the largest yet? Correct. Asking don't know.

Yes, I think last Thursday's (Jan. 4) game was the largest (4500?). Last Saturday was less than Thursday.

can anyone get the women's game. When I click on the link on ragincajuns.com it takes me to CST 15.

I know a lot of people that dont normally go that will be going tonight.

I think we will have 5k plus tonight. Book it

Quote Originally Posted by DocCajun View Post
    I think 6+ is a sure thing. At least it better be with all the promotion this game got this week. If not, then it won't happen this year.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    can anyone get the women's game. When I click on the link on ragincajuns.com it takes me to CST 15.
    Download the app. works great.

Box office lines are insane, should be close to 6k

I know we didn't exactly light it up in the first half but holding them to 15 points...dude

With students it was over 6,000

They had more than 2 concession workers upstairs!

Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by fpc4life99 View Post
    With students it was over 6,000
    I think students were counted in the crowd of 5800+. I was thinking we would get slightly over 5 so I am OK with tonight's crowd. If we have success in Texas can we get over 6000? I am not sure as tonight had the promotion of the kids and the reunion. Once again key will be can we get more students. That will push us over the top. Of course one loss in Texas and that will affect things. It is critical at least one victory result from that trip. I won't sell our guys short though. Frank Bartley started cold but kept playing defense the whole night. His post game comments were carried on KATC. He ended them by simply saying we are focused. The look in his eves when he finished speaking told me those words are not empty.

Quote Originally Posted by DocCajun View Post
    You know your Cajuns!
    Attendance was 5813.
    Yes, saw the long lines at the ticket office 15 minutes before the game and thought it could be the largest crowd of the year. Was (pleasantly!) surprised it was that much over 5,000.
    I think the fans are finally starting to realize just how good a team the Cajuns are. Even with a slow start they made it look easy. I mean, holding a team to just 15 points in the first half?!! C'mon, what kind of a team does that?! The previous game they held the opponents to 29 first half points.
    Focused?! That is putting it mildly. They play defense, they share the ball, and they hustle (did you see Bryce dive on the floor for a loose ball?!). They are FUN to watch.
    We should average over 6,000 the rest of the season. Especially, when we come back from Texas at 17-3. Go Cajuns!

Louisiana in 3 home games has reached 14,292 in attendance.
    That is an average of 4,764 per game.
    That is far and away the best in the Sun Belt; more than double their nearest competitor.
    South Alabama averages 2,108.
    Troy averages 2,098.
    Everyone else averages less than 2,000.

Louisiana in 3 home games has reached 14,292 in attendance.
    That is an average of 4,764 per game.
    That is far and away the best in the Sun Belt; more than double their nearest competitor.
    South Alabama averages 2,108.
    Troy averages 2,098.
    Everyone else averages less than 2,000.
    That's a very respectable average, even when you think more broadly than the SBC. And as you pointed out, we are by FAR the most intimidating place to play in our league. We haven't been challenged at home yet so crowds have been quiet but people are showing up

The South Alabama game will be a great one.

I Have 4 season tickets and brought my niece with us for the kids get in free under 11. When I walked over to the box office to get her pass, the lines were so long I just used my student ID to get in and let her use my season ticket. But when I walked unlllaway they didnt scan my student ID, so I don't know if they were counted

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I think students were counted in the crowd of 5800+. I was thinking we would get slightly over 5 so I am OK with tonight's crowd. If we have success in Texas can we get over 6000? I am not sure as tonight had the promotion of the kids and the reunion. Once again key will be can we get more students. That will push us over the top. Of course one loss in Texas and that will affect things. It is critical at least one victory result from that trip. I won't sell our guys short though. Frank Bartley started cold but kept playing defense the whole night. His post game comments were carried on KATC. He ended them by simply saying we are focused. The look in his eves when he finished speaking told me those words are not empty.

Quote Originally Posted by fpc4life99 View Post
    I Have 4 season tickets and brought my niece with us for the kids get in free under 11. When I walked over to the box office to get her pass, the lines were so long I just used my student ID to get in and let her use my season ticket. But when I walked unlllaway they didnt scan my student ID, so I don't know if they were counted
    LOL reading your post sounds like me except I had my granddaughter with me and my wife used her UL ID to get in. My friends came first time this year and he and his wife are excited about attending again. GEAUX CAJUNS

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast