_ _ _ _
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Media rights

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    I was replying to the irony of the comment Lannister made ".. we were a half step away from the southland "

I just think it that comment is kind of funny since we are apparently doing the same thing as McNeese.

I admitted earlier that I do not know what this means, I hope it is a good thing. But some of you people think you are so much more in the know than us peasants and we should not even be asking questions.
    What they want to do with media production & what we are doing are total different we will have 5x the staff and equipment

Blog Entries

Default Re: Media rights

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post

What they want to do with media production & what we are doing are total different we will have 5x the staff and equipment
    I guess we will out stream them and shell out the big $$$ for what WE want.

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post

I guess we will out stream them and shell out the big $$$ for what WE want.
    4k production ! .. Just hope we stream it to YouTube/Amazon/sling/PS TV something outside the cookie cutter espn3

BTW Ryan street and ULM have been using this service for years
    https://www.learfield.com/partner/mc...state-cowboys/

https://www.learfield.com/partner/lo...nroe-warhawks/

They have the Honda Accord package we will be going with the Benz package sadly we cant afford the Bugatti package like the P5 programs

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Learfield/IMGare the world leaders in all things marketing and communications rights...this is not a small time operation. Multi media/platform rights is what they do for many of the biggest and best..for years, learfield was the marketing arm for UNC athletics, that's how they got their start...stop thinking small time, this outfit knows what its doing, instead of getting upset about small time radio outlets and even smaller time announcers, its time to get excited about the future of all things related to the multitude of opportunities that Learfield will bring to UL. athletics! Maybe they bring back Don Allen, who knows, but if its not better than what is being done now, why hire a company with the stroke of Lierfield? Read the Alden Report, between the lines, its saying to get as far away from companies like Town square as possible...
    "Townsquare Media (formerly Regent Communications until 2010) is an American radio network and media company based in Greenwich, Connecticut. The company started in radio and expanded into digital media toward the end of the 2000s, starting with the acquisition of the MOG Music Network. As of 2016, Townsquare was the third-largest AM–FM operator in the country, owning over 310 radio stations in 66 markets."

I'm sure Learfield has connections with companies larger than Townsquare, but since Townsquare already has a presence here and an infrastructure, it's likely Learfield will at least look into a relationship with them before pursuing other avenues. I would think a relationship with Learfield will cause Townsquare to start pouring more revenue into this market as a return on investment.

When Learfield and IMG merge, I'm guessing they'll have more than 300 D-1 schools.

And that includes most of the SBC.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    And he's part of the softball cult...no thanks.
    LMAO

Blog Entries

WTF does that have to do with anything concerning UL? Learfield does that for schools across the country...stop with the f'n small time thinking
    You are the television telecommunications expert but the irony of the "get away from Southland/McNeese is using them too" situation, was not lost on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    You are the television telecommunications expert but the irony of the "get away from Southland/McNeese is using them too" situation, was not lost on me.
    Majority of the southland teams don't use an IMG service (SFA & Ryan street are the only ones that do) all the SBC has such a service we were lagging behind

https://www.learfield.com/what-we-do/partners/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    You think so?

Let's do some math.

12-13 football games
    31-34 men's basketball games
    25-28 women's basketball games
    56-65 women's softball games
    56-65 baseball games

That's 180-205 live sporting events per year.

I'm guessing we can't find a school in a non P-5 conference that carries that many events. In fact, I'd bet there are a lot of P-5s that don't come close to that.

Can those guys at TS do better in some regards? Sure. But if you're ready to dump them, you better be certain you're getting something better.
    Not everyone knows how good we have it, when it comes to radio.

Blog Entries

Majority of the southland teams don't use an IMG service (SFA & Ryan street are the only ones that do) all the SBC has such a service we were lagging behind

https://www.learfield.com/what-we-do/partners/
    McNeese is the face of the Southland for 90% of Ragin' Cajuns fans.

The other 10% don't know what the Southland is.

Hey if they have found a good venue for marketing, I have no problem following their lead or the parallel path for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    McNeese is the face of the Southland for 90% of Ragin' Cajuns fans.

The other 10% don't know what the Southland is.

Hey if they have found a good venue for marketing, I have no problem following their lead or the parallel path for that matter.
    I think we are following the Mizzou plan but what do I know

I think Mizzou was Learfield's first client.

That's big time...
    Does this mean we will be able to hear the coaches shows on the radio, not only within 5 miles of Lafayette, but also in places like Abbeville, Crowley, New Iberia, Opelousas, Breaux Bridge...in other words, Acadiana?!

Blog Entries

wait no more free Ragin Cajun network? People are upset.

Quote Originally Posted by IberiaCajun View Post
    Does this mean we will be able to hear the coaches shows on the radio, not only within 5 miles of Lafayette, but also in places like Abbeville, Crowley, New Iberia, Opelousas, Breaux Bridge...in other words, Acadiana?!
    I have friends that listen on the espn1420 app every week.

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    I have friends that listen on the espn1420 app every week.
    I live 15 min outside of lafy and have to hook up my aux cord if I want to hear it.. It's sad

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    so its possible 1420 might carry baseball and 103.7 football or vice versa. Who ever pays us $$$ wins each event
    You're not paying for one sporting event, you're trying to get the whole hog. Think about it: why would Delta Media pay just for football and let the competition (Townsquare) take baseball and the rest?

That being said, they might just stick with Townsquare because it's established as the "flagship". Would it be the smart move to go with 103.7 the Game/Delta Media? Of course, considering that all but one station in that cluster is on the FM dial! Now why am I talking about the FM dial? Well, you've got Cajuns softball, baseball, and Astros baseball will all be going on at the same time during the months of April and May (hopefully well into June on a consistent basis). You'll need to use some of their other stations to broadcast these events (97.7 the Rewind has previously aired Astros games when LSU sports pre-empts it so that's taken care of). The big question is what station in the Delta Media cluster will air Cajuns softball?

While we're all speculating about this, keep in mind that this will probably be resolved once the calendar flips over to June (giving Delta Media/Townsquare adequate time to promote/prepare for the changes).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RATM1989 View Post
    You're not paying for one sporting event, you're trying to get the whole hog. Think about it: why would Delta Media pay just for football and let the competition (Townsquare) take baseball and the rest?

That being said, they might just stick with Townsquare because it's established as the "flagship". Would it be the smart move to go with 103.7 the Game/Delta Media? Of course, considering that all but one station in that cluster is on the FM dial! Now why am I talking about the FM dial? Well, you've got Cajuns softball, baseball, and Astros baseball will all be going on at the same time during the months of April and May (hopefully well into June on a consistent basis). You'll need to use some of their other stations to broadcast these events (97.7 the Rewind has previously aired Astros games when LSU sports pre-empts it so that's taken care of). The big question is what station in the Delta Media cluster will air Cajuns softball?

While we're all speculating about this, keep in mind that this will probably be resolved once the calendar flips over to June (giving Delta Media/Townsquare adequate time to promote/prepare for the changes).
    I don't believe any media deal will hinge on broadcasting UL softball. If UL can double their income for the local broadcast rights and keep a presence in the current markets, that would be of greater importance than assuring that every softball game will be broadcasted. I'm not certain Delta Media can do either, but they do talk a good game.

fanof71 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

If you can't hear a station after sunset, that is a result of a stations fcc license requirements and dedicated frequency. That's where audio streaming comes in through an app. The development of a decent app to stream UL sports is something Learfield can bring to the table.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast