_ _ _ _
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Men's Basketball Reunion Scheduled For January 13

UL Basketball 2018 Men's Basketball Reunion Scheduled For January 13

Former members of the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns men's basketball program and their families are invited to participate in the 2018 Men's Basketball Reunion that is scheduled for January 13, 2018 at the Cajundome.

The rest of the story

LOUISIANA AC

Default Re: 2018 Men's Basketball Reunion Scheduled For January 13

"All men's basketball alums will be able to participate in a day of activities leading up to the Ragin' Cajuns contest against ULM, scheduled for 7 p.m."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by IberiaCajun View Post
    "All men's basketball alums will be able to participate in a day of activities leading up to the Ragin' Cajuns contest against ULM, scheduled for 7 p.m."
    Cool

DaddyCajun is offline Dig deep UL will Prosper! Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Forgive me, but what is the name of the player in the wheelchair? I remember in the 90's I was a Manager at Sears in Lafayette, Louisiana, and he and I were both conversing for quite sometime. Then sometime passed and he had moved to the East coast somewhere and was in an accident of some sort and lost his legs. AWESOME young MAN! Can anyone plug up some of the holes in my story?

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    Forgive me, but what is the name of the player in the wheelchair? I remember in the 90's I was a Manager at Sears in Lafayette, Louisiana, and he and I were both conversing for quite sometime. Then sometime passed and he had moved to the East coast somewhere and was in an accident of some sort and lost his legs. AWESOME young MAN! Can anyone plug up some of the holes in my story?
    Ashley Landers is is name.

DaddyCajun is offline Dig deep UL will Prosper! Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Basketball Re: 2018 Men's Basketball Reunion Scheduled For January 13

Yes! He was SO fun to talk to, very uplifting young man! I was young back then also! Thanks Dave!

Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Basketball Reunion-Pre Game Practice

All ex players and staff members attending the reunion this weekend are invited to the pre game practice which will occur at the Dome at 1:30 PM. Also, all Rebounders Club MEMBERS are invited to attend as well. Many ex players returning may have not seen the upgraded Cajun Dome. I am sure they will be impressed.

MelRock is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Basketball Reunion-Pre Game Practice

Just to be clear the practice is NOT open to the public and is open to Rebounders Club members only.

Default Re: Basketball Reunion-Pre Game Practice

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Just to be clear the practice is NOT open to the public and is open to Rebounders Club members only.
    Thanks MelRock for the clarification. Reason I placed the post here was in case some members had not seen your email update but did check RaginPagin.

Default Basketball Reunion Last Night

I haven't seen anything posted about the basketball reunion last night. Only one picture. Who was there, who is in the picture, how was the introduction? I would have thought a bigger deal would have been made of this. Picked a good game and a good win to host it.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    I haven't seen anything posted about the basketball reunion last night. Only one picture. Who was there, who is in the picture, how was the introduction? I would have thought a bigger deal would have been made of this. Picked a good game and a good win to host it.
    Kind of lame IMO. After Lafayette High did their dance routine, they rushed the whole group out and named them one by one. They played a highlight reel, but I thought it was pretty short. I think they should have dedicated the whole half time to the reunion with more footage. After the group pic they all walked off. I'm assuming they had more for the reunion before and after the game. It could have been better

Default Re: Basketball Reunion Last Night

Quote Originally Posted by Tripple Threat View Post
    Kind of lame IMO. After Lafayette High did their dance routine, they rushed the whole group out and named them one by one. They played a highlight reel, but I thought it was pretty short. I think they should have dedicated the whole half time to the reunion with more footage. After the group pic they all walked off. I'm assuming they had more for the reunion before and after the game. It could have been better
    Not even an article about what players were there. Would have liked to have seen old footage of Lamar, Ebron, etc. UL should make a bigger deal about those guys. Wish I had been there.

There were a lot of activities for the group throughout the weekend not associated with the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    There were a lot of activities for the group throughout the weekend not associated with the game.
    I figured. It's good to see that they are invited back and getting shown appreciation. They were setting up a buffet upstairs after the game.

Blog Entries

yep, could have been better, but still nice. Wish Toney and Bo could have made it.

Blog Entries

Alumni Homecomings should be an annual thing.

The presentation would only get better and better.

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Agreed, that the entire halftime should have been dedicated to the players there. Some individual highlights and comments about those players. But at the time I didn't think it was as bad as in retrospect

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I figured. It's good to see that they are invited back and getting shown appreciation. They were setting up a buffet upstairs after the game.
    ......The football reunion last fall had very little on field time......the real great part I would say was the mingling of families, the great food, and embellishment of the past achievements (lol).....it is a massive quest to get this deal done....sorry I missed it!!!

basinbear is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ......The football reunion last fall had very little on field time......the real great part I would say was the mingling of families, the great food, and embellishment of the past achievements (lol).....it is a massive quest to get this deal done....sorry I missed it!!!
    That was a great 2 days....

Here you go Boomer.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast