_ _ _ _
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Ragin Cajuns Culture...

Default Re: The Ragin Cajuns Culture...

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    As far as culture, I like the building blocks that Nape is instituting

I'll say it again.. you're witnessing the birth of the next great G5 program in college football.
    We need to get the R1 classification in academics( killed bosise from moving to the pac-12 was acadmics on par with ryan street ) a successful football team / basketball / baseball/ softball and a commitment from Martin hall we will have a great chance in 2021 to move conferences

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    We need to get the R1 classification in academics( killed bosise from moving to the pac-12 was acadmics on par with ryan street ) a successful football team / basketball / baseball/ softball and a commitment from Martin hall we will have a great chance in 2021 to move conferences
    anything short of out right cheating i'm for. Just win baby!!!

Anyone know just how close we are to R1 Classification or even achieving Tier 1 with USN&WR (less importance)?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Anyone know just how close we are to R1 Classification or even achieving Tier 1 with USN&WR (less importance)?
    Should get it by 2020 barring a huge shortfall..

One is decided by a board of educators reviewing your univ based off a certain criteria

The other is a magazine

Which is better Carnegie Classifications or Teir 1

Should get it by 2020 barring a huge shortfall..

One is decided by a board of educators reviewing your univ based off a certain criteria

The other is a magazine

Which is better Carnegie Classifications or Teir 1
    I have a close relative that is a guidance counselor for a prestigious high school, where placing kids into the best colleges is a must for him. Without a doubt, he said that the Carnegie classification is the most important; USN&WR status is determined based only on self-reporting and other subjective data.

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    I have a close relative that is a guidance counselor for a prestigious high school, where placing kids into the best colleges is a must for him. Without a doubt, he said that the Carnegie classification is the most important; USN&WR status is determined based only on self-reporting and other subjective data.
    Shh don't tell that to our R3 brothers up north would destroy the naritive

Shh don't tell that to our R3 brothers up north would destroy the naritive
    Brothers? More like a very distant cousin, in the Cousin Eddie mold.

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    Brothers? More like a very distant cousin, in the Cousin Eddie mold.
    ____ters full, Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    Wow. Did not know Hud had burned bridges at STM.

Leger should help with that.
    STM coaches viewed Hud as a joke. Many are high school coaches did.

Many coaches at STM have talked down on UL/USL for over a decade. It was that way when I was at school there. Some of that probably had to do with them viewing Martin Hall and the leadership for athletics as a complete, utter joke. Hopefully, all that has a chance of changing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post

Many coaches at STM have talked down on UL/USL for over a decade. It was that way when I was at school there. Some of that probably had to do with them viewing Martin Hall and the leadership for athletics as a complete, utter joke. Hopefully, all that has a chance of changing.

Gotcha. I knew there was always a shakey relationship with Acadiana High. With Leger being an Acadiana alum and coaching at STM, this should help

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post

Wait...STM talked down on someone? Surely you jest.

ZoomZoom is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Hardest thing we've fought with h/s coaches over the years is perception. Many old timers viewed us as our ULS brethren...a step up job in some position we SHOULD be offering them and not outsiders. That's why they all loved McNeese for the longest time.

Hardest thing I knew recruiting academically was the former GT director at Lafayette High steered kids away from here especially to LSU. Told the kids they were too good to go here. She is married to a " Chinese Bandit", need I say more.

Simple things that we have been missing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2