_ _ _ _

Thread: John Scott Sabille

People John Scott Sibille

Former Ragin' Cajun noseguard, "Scottie" Sibille has passed away. Scott was a doctor in Sunset. He was as cajun as any man I ever knew, and a badass in a four point stance. Scott stood all of 5'10" but played gap control in the old 5-man-front defenses like a demon. Off the field, he was an intelligent and gentle man, dedicated to helping others. He had a special relationship with BJ Landry, which is as good a character reference as anyone can give. As a former teammate, he was a brother and I will miss him.

http://www.sibillefuneralhomes.com/m...=83059&locid=7

Hug a friend today, folks.

Default Re: John Scott Stabile

RIP Scottie

Very sad to hear this. I played with Scott and roomed with his younger brother Tony my freshman year. RIP.

Its sibille isn't it?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lexhead View Post
    Former Ragin' Cajun noseguard, "Scottie" Stabile has passed away. Scott was a doctor in Sunset. He was as cajun as any man I ever knew, and a badass in a four point stance. Scott stood all of 5'8" but played gap control in the old 5-man-front defenses like a demon. Off the field, he was an intelligent and gentle man, dedicated to helping others. He had a special relationship with BJ Landry, which is as good a character reference as anyone can give. As a former teammate, he was a brother and I will miss him.

Prayers for Dr. Sabille and his family. Another lost way too early at age 53.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    Its sibille isn't it?
    Apologies. Fixed.

Default Re: John Scott Sibille

Former Ragin' Cajun noseguard, "Scottie" Sibille has passed away. Scott was a doctor in Sunset. He was as cajun as any man I ever knew, and a badass in a four point stance. Scott stood all of 5'8" but played gap control in the old 5-man-front defenses like a demon. Off the field, he was an intelligent and gentle man, dedicated to helping others. He had a special relationship with BJ Landry, which is as good a character reference as anyone can give. As a former teammate, he was a brother and I will miss him.

I would echo those sentiments. My dad and I went hunting with Scott and his father for several years and came to know him well. He was a good guy. This is shocking as its the first I've heard. RIP

Former Ragin' Cajun noseguard, "Scottie" Sibille has passed away. Scott was a doctor in Sunset. He was as cajun as any man I ever knew, and a badass in a four point stance. Scott stood all of 5'10" but played gap control in the old 5-man-front defenses like a demon. Off the field, he was an intelligent and gentle man, dedicated to helping others. He had a special relationship with BJ Landry, which is as good a character reference as anyone can give. As a former teammate, he was a brother and I will miss him.

His father was former assistant football coach Irwin Sibille, under Russ Faulkinberry

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    His father was former assistant football coach Irwin Sibille, under Russ Faulkinberry
    Funny, I never knew that. Is that where the connection to Blackjack Landry comes from?

Funny, I never knew that. Is that where the connection to Blackjack Landry comes from?
    Yes. Blackjack lived with the Sibille's for many years.