_ _ _ _
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 68

Thread: New old player

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,088

    Default Re: New old player

    Just to clarify: he will be a sophomore?


  2. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    lafayette
    Posts
    11,458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    We had a great punter leave to be a back up somewhere beacuse of what was going on in the locker room .. I dont blame Tanner one bit
    doubt he left thinking he would be a backup

  3. #23
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    16,660

    Default Re: New old player

    Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    doubt he left thinking he would be a backup
    I wonder what Hark Mudspeth thinks about this?

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,146

    Default Re: New old player

    Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    I wonder what Hark Hudspeth thinks about this?
    Maybe if I get the cheerleaders to rub coconut oil on my back I can fit into a small instead of a medium

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    lafayette
    Posts
    11,458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    I wonder what Hark Mudspeth thinks about this?
    I'd like to get Bickey Rustle's thoughts too

  6. #26
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    16,660

    Default Re: New old player

    Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    I'd like to get Bickey Rustle's thoughts too
    Inconsequential...

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    642

    Default Re: New old player

    Quote Originally Posted by Bankruptcyman View Post
    Did we ever find out why he left in the first place? What happened to his friend Cody Mitchell?
    Do you really have to ask why a white boy from a small town in east Tx would leave the team under the previous regime?

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    16,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FacelessBuffoon View Post
    Do you really have to ask why a white boy from a small town in east Tx would leave the team under the previous regime?
    JFC. I told you boys why.
    And NO, it's not race related.. my god.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    241

    Default Re: New old player

    Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    He can play in 2018. He went JUCO at Kilgore last year. If we can get his JUCO LB teammate Troy Burnett we may have some good depth.

    Burnett was a JUCO All American last year. Over 100 tackles last year. Originally from Houston.
    Fort Bend Elkins in Missouri City. Troy went to HS with my two sons. Great athlete, who has excelled with better coaching at the JUCO level.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    642

    Default Re: New old player

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    JFC. I told you boys why.
    And NO, it's not race related.. my god.
    Not suggesting it's race related. But I have heard from some it was a tough at atmosphere to be in day in and day out. Our new what appears to be a no nonsense coach should fix that.

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    3,096

    Default Re: New old player

    If Tanner's teammates have no problem taking him back in, I think that says a lot about the previous regime as well.

    BTW regarding the "quitter talk", when Hud addressed the Tanner Holmes issue at a QB club meeting, he said Tanner was a quitter and quit on his team. He then went on an epic red-faced rant about how the fans that leave the games early are quitters and Hud wants no association with quitters. People shouldn't be quitters, they should be fighters like Hud was. I remember leaving that meeting bewildered.


  12. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    16,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FacelessBuffoon View Post
    Not suggesting it's race related. But I have heard from some it was a tough at atmosphere to be in day in and day out. Our new what appears to be a no nonsense coach should fix that.
    I think the culture was certainly fractured, not arguing that at all. But I think what was going on in our locker room is a lot more prevalent than some think.

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    16,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    If Tanner's teammates have no problem taking him back in, I think that says a lot about the previous regime as well.

    BTW regarding the "quitter talk", when Hud addressed the Tanner Holmes issue at a QB club meeting, he said Tanner was a quitter and quit on his team. He then went on an epic red-faced rant about how the fans that leave the games early are quitters and Hud wants no association with quitters. People shouldn't be quitters, they should be fighters like Hud was. I remember leaving that meeting bewildered.
    That is called a "bait and switch".

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    lafayette
    Posts
    11,458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Inconsequential...
    Sure about that?

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Plano, TX
    Posts
    2,135
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: New old player

    LB is a huge need. He is a solid player. His return is an endorsement for Coach Napier & new staff.

    Being Des is the only on the field coach returning......have a hunch he played a part in all this. He would be the one guy who would know 1st hand about this young man's character.


  16. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    16,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    LB is a huge need. He is a solid player. His return is an as an endorsement for Coach Napier & new staff.

    Being Des is the only on the field coach returning......have a hunch he played a part in all this. He would be the one guy who would know 1st hand about this young man's character.
    You mean, Des knows Holmes got railroaded...

  17. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Plano, TX
    Posts
    2,135
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    You mean, Des knows Holmes got railroaded...
    Oui oui

  18. #38
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    16,660

    Default Re: New old player

    Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Sure about that?
    It is...and you know why.

  19. #39
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    lafayette
    Posts
    11,458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    It is...and you know why.
    You think you know...but you have no idea

  20. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    1,554

    Default Re: New old player

    All we need now is for Des to re-recruit Gabe Fuselier. He still has a year left to play! Getting the band back together again!


Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •