_ _ _ _
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Rebounders Meeting Notes

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Basketball Re: Rebounders Meeting Notes

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    Pipe dream. Our biggest average in the Dome was a little over 6.

I don't think we've averaged 7,000 since probation.
    We may be on the verge of the best eight year run in the history of the school. 8K isn't a piped dream, it's a couple of big hits becoming reality on already signed players.

Default Re: Rebounders Meeting Notes

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    We may be on the verge of the best eight year run in the history of the school. 8K isn't a piped dream, it's a couple of big hits becoming reality on already signed players.
    I agree; you can see the increase in attendance this season as the winning continues and the excitement grows. And that was mostly without the students. I really hope Maggard and Co move heaven and earth to increase the student attendance.

Cajunsmike is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    I agree; you can see the increase in attendance this season as the winning continues and the excitement grows. And that was mostly without the students. I really hope Maggard and Co move heaven and earth to increase the student attendance.

In my mind the key to support will be how the team and community respond if a couple of tough losses occur and that may happen. Encouraging to see a good response from the Clemson debacle.

Averaging is...every 4K game you have you need a 12k to match it. You arent getting 8k to watch those early games. You will not put 8k every night with $27 hot dogs and $45 beers either.

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Maybe our next tough loss happens in the sweet sixteen.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Averaging is...every 4K game you have you need a 12k to match it. You arent getting 8k to watch those early games. You will not put 8k every night with $27 hot dogs and $45 beers either.
    I'm not counting preseason games. This team finishes with 30 wins and starts out hot next year there's gonna be 8K games and they will be common. Shipley teams started to have crazy crowds with 32 points guard Lamar and great teams for multiple seasons. It can happen as I said with fulfillment of potential of already signed players.

It won't happen with 21-24 wins once every several seasons.

I'm not counting preseason games. This team finishes with 30 wins and starts out hot next year there's gonna be 8K games and they will be common. Shipley teams started to have crazy crowds with 32 points guard Lamar and great teams for multiple seasons. It can happen as I said with fulfillment of potential of already signed players.

It won't happen with 21-24 wins once every several seasons.
    Well the average attendance for the season counts them. Only chance to average that is get season tickets up around 5-6k and announce paid.

Clearly you're not in promotions. Your average is your best, we're not applying for a bank loan here. Ten years after four or five 8K games the rosy memory will be those were the norm. That's what video games the coaches are going to sell recruits. Meanwhile keep your accountant visor securely in place.

I think the occasional attendance we are talking about is possible.

Remember in Marlin's first year when we got on a roll, we had 8000 on senior night.

But to AVERAGE 7 as was suggested? Not happening.

CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

If we can get back to a 5500 to 6000 average attendance it would be outstanding.

Very true

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Yes. At 6' 9" 250# he should be in the post. Just 18 y/o.
    Or at tight end. Elijah to Elijah for a 50 yard TD.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    If we can get back to a 5500 to 6000 average attendance it would be outstanding.
    The #100 school in basketball attendance is DePaul at 4,900. LSU is at #73 at 7,100. If we averaged over 6,000 a game we would be right there with Gonzaga, TCU and Georgia Tech. P5 schools averaging less than 7,000 a game include Penn State, Baylor, Arizona State, GA Tech and Oregon State at #99 (4,993). If we are looking at the AAC, only Cincinnati (9,865) and Memphis (9,622) have high attendance. SMU is at 6,899 and Temple is at 5,808. All other schools are under 5,000 (the report did not show schools above #100). So, if we can increase attendance to 6,000, we will be in the top 4 of that conference, with one of the best facilities. We need to make ourselves attractive for conference realignment.

TV has cut into actual attendance. To get to 6K we'd have to increase ticket sales about 40%.

I think the main audience for games on ESPN3 and Ragin Cajuns.com are guys like me who no longer live in the area and cannot attend in person. I believe that most people in Lafayette who were big enough fans to watch a game on the computer would probably just go. I am thankful to be able to watch these games until I move back to Lafayette. I do not believe it hurts attendance.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    I think the main audience for games on ESPN3 and Ragin Cajuns.com are guys like me who no longer live in the area and cannot attend in person. I believe that most people in Lafayette who were big enough fans to watch a game on the computer would probably just go. I am thankful to be able to watch these games until I move back to Lafayette. I do not believe it hurts attendance.
    I'm in Lafayette, but I can't make nearly every game and am thankful for those I get to see on the computer.

However, I've never once sat at home instead of going to the game BECAUSE it was broadcast. I'd rather be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    Same here, but i did drive in from BR yesterday for the game. I usually make 1-3 Sat home games per season.

cajun4life is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    Pipe dream. Our biggest average in the Dome was a little over 6.

I don't think we've averaged 7,000 since probation.
    No ____ a smaller arena is a pipe dream. What I'm saying is, an arena that holds 8000-8500 fans right on top of the court with great sight lines and loud would build a lot of excitement. Fans who attend a game with 6000 or 6500 in an arena will talk about how packed it was and how awesome the environment that created was. The result would be more people wanting to attend games because it would then become an event. Sellouts would become a possibility.

As it stands now, we could host LSU in the Cajun Dome and not sell out.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post

As it stands now, we could host LSU in the Cajun Dome and not sell out.
    That would not be a surprise, because LSU has had just as much trouble with attendance as UL has.

Clutch0364 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    That would not be a surprise, because LSU has had just as much trouble with attendance as UL has.
    Lsu sold out last night. Over 13k in attendance.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast