_ _ _ _
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: MBB Final: Louisiana 81, Coastal 64

Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 81, Coastal 64

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Moving students from behind the opposing bench was a death knell for support.

Football is next if they aren't moved back to the traditional Red Zone.
    If Maggard is not aware of this policy, he needs to be. If it was he who made the changes, he needs to strongly reconsider the decision.

Yeah, there are limits to just how obnoxious student fans can allowed to be, but there's also a way to control them. As I mentioned previously, we students knew the limit at Blackham and yes, we pushed it, but I dare say there were a few games we probably carried the team across the finish line. It's what being a fanatic is all about.

And just one other observation. Much to my surprise back then, some of the biggest fans and most failthful attending the games were foreign students.

Maggard needs to get the students involved, for today, and for tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    And just one other observation. Much to my surprise back then, some of the biggest fans and most failthful attending the games were foreign students.

Maggard needs to get the students involved, for today, and for tomorrow.
    That's an interesting point. One of the major sports they recognize

Is it not the conference that instituted this conference wide?

If Maggard is not aware of this policy, he needs to be. If it was he who made the changes, he needs to strongly reconsider the decision.

Yeah, there are limits to just how obnoxious student fans can allowed to be, but there's also a way to control them. As I mentioned previously, we students knew the limit at Blackham and yes, we pushed it, but I dare say there were a few games we probably carried the team across the finish line. It's what being a fanatic is all about.

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Why are UL students so weak. We need to be treated better than others to support?

Quote Originally Posted by DocCajun View Post
    That's an interesting point. One of the major sports they recognize
    Yup. I met many student-fans from all over the world at those games, SE Asia in particular. They were often a bit more reserved than we maniacs, but they showed up and supported their team. That place was hell-on-earth for visiting teams and coaches. It's been done before so I don't know why it can't be done again.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Why are UL students so weak. We need to be treated better than others to support?
    Some groups can sense when the rug has been pulled out from beneath their feet

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

So we are privileged punks

ZoomZoom is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Couple that with the guy who ripped his shirt off during the flex cam...that's quality entertainment!
    I've threatened my wife I'd do that if the camera ever landed on me. But that would end the television show "Finding Bigfoot".

Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Mike, 16, and 29 point loses plus a 9 point loss doesn't spell special. Special is what's gonna move the 21st century. But, and this is a big but, if we can keep ravaging the SBC people will want to be part of that.
    Agree with this post. Things are different today than in years past. To get attention even from folks here we can't get afford to lose more than one or two games going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    And Rio had its ball last night.....one of the biggest. I know that impacted 4 of the regulars I usually go with.
    Putting Mardi Gras ahead of my team is something I will never do. Of course my wife called me the Mardi Gras Scrooge when we lived in New Orleans.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    And again. Getting to the line and making them! At over 80% right now. Wow! Cant remember a Cajun Team making throws like this. Definitely a big reason we are winning a lot of these games by big margins.
    Cajuns now ranked 5th in the nation in made free-throws!
    http://www.ncaa.com/stats/basketball...rrent/team/633

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by IberiaCajun View Post
    Cajuns now ranked 5th in the nation in made free-throws!
    http://www.ncaa.com/stats/basketball...rrent/team/633
    Mind blown

Cajuns are 24th in the country in scoring offense at 85 ppg!

Early preview of Louisiana vs ULM...
    Cajuns shooting free throws at 75.1% per game...ranked 46th.
    ULM shooting free throws at 75.7% per game ....ranked 35th.

Quote Originally Posted by IberiaCajun View Post
    Early preview of Louisiana vs ULM...
    Cajuns shooting free throws at 75.1% per game...ranked 46th.
    ULM shooting free throws at 75.7% per game ....ranked 35th.
    Interesting stat there. I bet we get to the line a lot more often than they do however.

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    I'm predicting 5K this coming Saturday vs. ULM.... Students back in school. Basketball was competing with Rio Ball last night. Only thing out there that I'm aware of is last weekend of deer rifle season - at least in our area.
    Rio ball, NFL playoffs, record low temps and a nasty FLU season in full swing. Also the semester hasn't started yet.

Couple that with the guy who ripped his shirt off during the flex cam...that's quality entertainment!
    Easily the funniest thing I've seen this year...

Bo Lamar, Roy Ebron, Wilbert Loftin, Peyton Townsend, Fred Saunders, what a team. I was a student then and the section immediately behind the opposition bench was all students, every game. We were always rabid and doing everything possible to make those poor players miserable and trying to get inside their heads. Probably politically-incorrect to do such a thing today.
    They certainly seem to be worried about appearances... just 8 or so years ago we were reprimanded on a regular basis for doing our jobs-being rowdey and getting in the visitors heads- as students behind the opposing bench...
    The best "student section" we have today is a group of alumni that sit near the band.
    Maybe there's a plan to allow students to be more involved again... One can only hope.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyP View Post
    They certainly seem to be worried about appearances... just 8 or so years ago we were reprimanded on a regular basis for doing our jobs-being rowdey and getting in the visitors heads- as students behind the opposing bench...
    The best "student section" we have today is a group of alumni that sit near the band.
    Maybe there's a plan to allow students to be more involved again... One can only hope.
    Isn't that where Boomer used to sit?!!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast