_ _ _ _
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cajuns in early battle for top spot

1. UL Basketball Cajuns in early battle for top spot

It's all about opportunities and challenges for UL's men's and women's basketball teams this weekend in the Cajundome.

The first task comes Thursday with Appalachian State coming to town, starting with the women at 5 p.m. and the men at 7:15 p.m.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Cajuns in early battle for top spot

I don't like dual sport articles, its a byproduct of killing the Lady Cajuns identity.

Blog Entries

One doesn't have to be titled Lady anymore to be a Lady.....you can simply choose to be one. Myself? I'm an Australian Aboriginal Viking......with an Acadia Parish accent.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    One doesn't have to be titled Lady anymore to be a Lady.....you can simply choose to be one. Myself? I'm an Australian Aboriginal Viking......with an Acadia Parish accent.
    I just think that both programs deserve their own stand alone story.

Lumping both programs together in a single story waters down both products.

They do deserve their own stories but that will not happen until next year when the two teams play a mirror schedule. The advertiser is short handed and well, not very good. This has nothing to do with dropping "lady".

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Basketball Re: Cajuns in early battle for top spot

Don't think we're going backwards. From now on the teams will play double headers. The ladies don't want any part of Monday. Thinking the SBC experiment was a total failure.

Doubleheaders this year.

Mirror schedule next year. (When guys are at home, girls are on the road and vice versa.)

CajunAmos is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I would have thought doubleheaders would have been much cheaper on the teams, but that's just me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TonaldDrump View Post
    They do deserve their own stories but that will not happen until next year when the two teams play a mirror schedule. The advertiser is short handed and well, not very good. This has nothing to do with dropping "lady".
    There have been internal double upcoming game stories. Not just the Advertiser. There have been Ragin' Cajuns Win, Ragin' Cajuns Lose stories on the same day. In an attempt to kill Lady Cajuns, namely "Lady" they have to add "Women" to the official name and add "Men" to the official name just for clarification further watering down of the product brand. Self defeating product promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    There have been internal double upcoming game stories. Not just the Advertiser. There have been Ragin' Cajuns Win, Ragin' Cajuns Lose stories on the same day. In an attempt to kill Lady Cajuns, namely "Lady" they have to add "Women" to the official name and add "Men" to the official name just for clarification further watering down of the product brand. Self defeating product promotion.
    They haven't been "Lady Cajuns" in many years.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    They haven't been "Lady Cajuns" in many years.
    They have never been "Cajun Women" either. Double standard.

Nor have the men ever officially been "Cajuns" I don't seen anyone complaining about that organic usage.

DaddyCajun is offline Dig deep UL will Prosper! Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I don't like dual sport articles, its a byproduct of killing the Lady Cajuns identity.
    I totally DISAGREED with The Getting rid of Lady Cajuns! Who do they think the Lady Cajuns REPRESENT? There is ONLY ONE RAGIN CAJUN so there is only one Lady Cajun! Lady is a very complimentary and uplifting respectful term for these awesome young women athletes! Dr Maggard please bring "Lady Cajuns" back to the Cajun Nation!

Blog Entries

Order wize, Lady Cajun is more Cajun (French) than Cajun Lady (Woman)

Blog Entries

I'm not opposed to the Ragin' Cajuns umbrella in much the same way you go to a car lot. Every car there is a General Motors vehicle, every car there is a Chevrolet, Chevy as a moniker, drill down and this specific car is a Corvette, amongst several Corvette models.

Nothing wrong with the Chevrolet umbrella, but it would be stupid for someone to say "That's not a Corvette, it's a Chevrolet.

Lady Cajuns? The 1970s called. They want their name back. And the reinstatement of Ray Authement. Turbine, you're USL'ing this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Louisiana84 View Post
    Lady Cajuns? The 1970s called. They want their name back. And the reinstatement of Ray Authement. Turbine, you're USL'ing this.
    The move away from Lady Cajuns was initiated under Authement's watch.

It coincided with the removal of Cajuns from football helmets the adoption of Cayenne the Pepper and the 100 year anniversary CD.

I think it was done to save money on the new logo designs. (Very USL at the time)

After the initial All Ragin' Cajuns push the "Cajuns" bann was ignored but somehow Lady Cajuns was etched in stone.

Except it didn't stick with the fans so under David Walker and Scott Farmer there was a second effort in 2008.

The movement started because the Lotiefs thought Lady Cajuns was too synonymous with Yvette Girourard's program. That's when the university decided to go gender neutral.

It also was at a time when most schools were going gender neutral. There are still a handful that are not. Lady Vols probably being the most prominent.

And, EVERY coach of a female sport was on board with the gender neutral.

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Basketball Re: Cajuns in early battle for top spot

USF, Bulls right? Anyone know the answer to what their female teams are called, certainly not Cows. How bout the Colorado Bison? That's gender neutral. Last I checked Cajuns are gender neutral. I'm fine with both joined in Ragin'Cajun mode.

MelRock is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Wow it looks like I agree with something TLD said. Hell the world may be coming to an end.

Some women prefer not to be called lady. They consider it demeaning. I don't feel it is that way, but I see no reason to alienate any women athlete so why not just call them Ragin Cajuns and not even have to deal with the issue?

Please Turbine, let this go.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast