Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: UCF..

Default Re: UCF..

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    I'm not crowning UCF king of squat. But I support them hanging the banner and pushing the discussion on how/when the next phase of the playoff system happens.
    Do you really think an AAC team will push the issue for an expanded playoff including the G5? Where is the money in allowing the G5 in? Because we all know, that's what talks more than G5 hyperbole.

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Do you really think an AAC team will push the issue for an expanded playoff including the G5? Where is the money in allowing the G5 in? Because we all know, that's what talks more than G5 hyperbole.
    Yes. Being left out of the NC playoff is an issue for many P5s as well - whether a G5 gets included or not. The P5s are hoarding the money exceptionally well, and aren't afraid of a lone G5 getting money or the threat of winning. Even the P5s have discussed the inclusion of a G5 in an expanded playoff system.

Yes. Being left out of the NC playoff is an issue for many P5s as well - whether a G5 gets included or not. The P5s are hoarding the money exceptionally well, and aren't afraid of a lone G5 getting money or the threat of winning. Even the P5s have discussed the inclusion of a G5 in an expanded playoff system.
    If there was money in it...G5 would have been included a long time ago.

Blog Entries

What do you mean? They just started the 4 team playoff. The expansion system has been discussed massively. They decided to put the 4 team program in... keeping all bowls... and adding only the NC game. The plan to expand (and include the highest ranked G5) has been studied/discussed over and over. I'm not saying it will happen... but it is not just the have nots that want it expanded.

What do you mean? They just started the 4 team playoff. The expansion system has been discussed massively. They decided to put the 4 team program in... keeping all bowls... and adding only the NC game. The plan to expand (and include the highest ranked G5) has been studied/discussed over and over. I'm not saying it will happen... but it is not just the have nots that want it expanded.
    Where have you seen the the plan to expand it with the G5 included? They are bound by contracts...and any talk is mostly opinion.

ZoomZoom is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

They will expand to 8 sooner than later. The Pac12 and Big 10 weren't happy this year, even with the process putting two SEC programs in the NC. With four, automatically a P5 conference isn't invited to the party.

Thank goodness for FCS. I don't know any G5 that wants to go back. Now if people would just quit getting the Jones' over the basketball mid major poll. Basically admitting we're not worthy.

Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.

I think the 8 team playoff will happen sooner rather than later. It will be the P5 conference champions, 3 at-large with at least 1 from the G5 ranks, but that will probably be the end of it.

The 16 team playoff or larger will never happen unless the NCAA calls the P5 bluff and implements a FBS playoff.

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

This is a great thing. Until everyone has a shot at THE National Championship all are on paper and shouldn't be treated as all important.

So Turbine, which national championship did we win again? (Didn't you say we went undefeated in the 40s or something?) I want to claim it.

We should make T-Shirts.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post
    So Turbine, which national championship did we win again? (Didn't you say we went undefeated in the 40s or something?) I want to claim it.

We should make T-Shirts.
    1943 season undefeated.
    National Title Game on 1-1-44

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    FCS has become so irrelevant. I cannot tell you other than whatever Dakota Bison and Nicholls made the playoffs. Can't tell you who won it all. Unless someone here on RP follows that and posts the winner, I may never know....or care.
    The fans of schools that compete for that national title care, but no one else pays any attention to it at all. The same is true for all women's college sports (including softball), but the passion for women's softball runsm pretty high around here. I bet 90% of sports fans in the country could not name a single national champion in any women's sport in 2017.

My point is that it's ALL relative. My wife wouldn't care if college sports were outlawed altogether, yet my passion for it grows every year.

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Football Re: UCF..

The push back on UCF claiming a national crown is no small thing. The powers that be understand any claim but theirs weakens the brand.

Again I'll say it, there's no national championship until everyone is included.

There's ten FBS conferences and several at large independents. All need a seat at the table.
    Basketball? No one doubts that national championship even when an eight seeded Villanova won it in 85.

I think there is money in it. What's better than having 60 P5 rabid fan bases paying crazy amounts of money to support their team? 80.

I've never figured out how the dopes making decisions for NCAAF cant see that. Give the G5 schools a taste, and the money will follow.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    The fans of schools that compete for that national title care, but no one else pays any attention to it at all. The same is true for all women's college sports (including softball), but the passion for women's softball runsm pretty high around here. I bet 90% of sports fans in the country could not name a single national champion in any women's sport in 2017.

My point is that it's ALL relative. My wife wouldn't care if college sports were outlawed altogether, yet my passion for it grows every year.
    Every semi conscious college football fan knows that UCF went undefeated. They also know they beat Auburn. It doesn't matter if a little SEC weasel nut says "who cares?". Do you think the P5 school football fans have been unaware of Boise State? They're outstanding at slamming non P5s... and the truth is... SEC fans don't think other P5s matter outside of the SEC. But it all matters in any given football season... to football fans. It doesn't cure cancer. It doesn't feed the needy. But in the space it exists... it isn't unaccounted for.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3