_ _ _ _

Thread: War of Nutrition

UL Football War of Nutrition

Head coaches salaries, assistant coaches salaries, strength coaches, facilities, and now the next front in the war of college football is 'Nutrition'?!
    Talk about your strategic advantages.
    This article shows an even greater disparity between the P5 and G5 conferences.
    http://newsok.com/article/feed/1582603

Default Re: War of Nutrition

This is crazy.
    "Clemson this year opened a $55 million football-only building featuring a dining hall where, once everything is up and running for the defending national champions, a player's biometric readings will help determine his recommended diet for the day. The player will put his thumb on a scanner and step on a scale, and his personal menu will be produced based on the information gleaned from the readings."

Don't we have a nutrition bar or something like that

Just serve protein shakes from Reds

Quote Originally Posted by IberiaCajun View Post
    This is crazy.
    "Clemson this year opened a $55 million football-only building featuring a dining hall where, once everything is up and running for the defending national champions, a player's biometric readings will help determine his recommended diet for the day. The player will put his thumb on a scanner and step on a scale, and his personal menu will be produced based on the information gleaned from the readings."
    Take a look at what the top teams in Premier League soccer have been doing for a while now. Pre and post practice exams often times with blood samples etc. Extremely in depth health/nutrition. Also look at what has been happening in the NBA. A lot of players going vegan or vegetarian. If I remember the stat correctly the fastest team (most possessions) in 1996 would be the slowest team in the NBA today.

I am just amazed at the amount of money going into college football these days. I don't follow soccer or the NBA. I guess the health/training table is the next frontier. Everyone is looking for an advantage wherever they can find one.

Blog Entries

So we can expect a roster full of lean, gut free interior DL, C/OG? I'd go vegan for a year if this happened. It ain't happening now.......so let's get those steaks seasoned up for the weekend!!!!

Training tables used to be a big thing until the NCAA made it to where normal students had to have access to the same food as athletes. There used to be an athletes only cafeteria in the conference center at one time. After this was closed, the athletes at UL had access to only ____ty food in the cafeteria.

Now training tables are allowed again and it is a great thing IMO. Hopefully our athletes get decent food now as nutrition is very important

DaddyCajun is offline Dig deep UL will Prosper! Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

This is crazy.
    i am sure it's not exactly the same but UL is doing this or something similar with Volleyball. Took care of someone who is Heading up the program. Part of what they do is check Saliva and other things to adjust diets and workouts daily! She said they hope to expand to all sports and also start a program at the university.

I guess everyone will be wearing fitbits next. Or, even wearable fitness clothing during competition to monitor pulse and bp!

Clutch0364 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I guess everyone will be wearing fitbits next. Or, even wearable fitness clothing during competition to monitor pulse and bp!
    Some pro teams have already started that.

Chip Kelly is big on monitoring his players.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    Some pro teams have already started that.

Chip Kelly is big on monitoring his players.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/22/s...echnology.html

Blog Entries

What is the science behind this Normatec Recovery system I heard about?

https://www.normatecrecovery.com

DaddyCajun is offline Dig deep UL will Prosper! Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Technology! Maybe I wont have to have bilateral knee replacement surgery! Hopefully the technology will be here in time to just inject the knees to rebuild the meniscus articulating surfaces, and maybe I could jog or run again! Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

Cycling pressure on the legs helps flush toxic byproducts from hard efforts. I've used them to recover from a hard bike race. I guess they helped.

If they aren't already they should look into this

http://www.teamhotshot.com/

There is a lot of evidence from the endurance world that cramps usually don't actually come from electrolyte or hydration issues. Could be an advantage till the rest of the sporting world catches up.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Interesting article. Thanks for sharing.
    "Technology helps, don't get me wrong, but the conversation with the kid and how the kid's feeling is a big one, too."

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    Technology! Maybe I wont have to have bilateral knee replacement surgery! Hopefully the technology will be here in time to just inject the knees to rebuild the meniscus articulating surfaces, and maybe I could jog or run again! Wow!
    Good luck with that!!! Says the proud owner of a 6-week new knee! LOL

Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by shof View Post
    Good luck with that!!! Says the proud owner of a 6-week new knee! LOL

The new wife is way more attractive than the new knee. IMHO..

UL Basketball Re: War of Nutrition

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

Saw a picture of Stove and I think Washington wearing it on their legs.
    Attached Images Attached Images