Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: JuCo signees

Blog Entries

Default Re: JuCo signees

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    All of you know waaaaay more than me on recruiting obviously. Lots of experts here. I hope Napier is taking notes.
    None of my takes are for Napier's consumption.

It's just funner (for me) to theorize before, than analyze afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I didn't say "only" I said biggest, and I didn't say wouldn't contribute in year one, I said their biggest impact would be in year two.

This isn't true across the board but it was true of Harry Peoples.

HP went from 697 yards and 1 TD in year one, to 817 yards and 5 TDs in year two.
    So what? I'll take "only" two years of Harry Peoples or similar at other positions every time.

Also, why do you think we only ever get two years from a JC transfer? Look up Dwight Bentley.

basinbear is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    When you sign an overload of JUCO's, you are committing to nearly always signing an overload of JUCO's.

Frankly, I don't care about the number as much as I care about the quality.

If we're signing a JUCO, he needs to be an immediate contributor. Stress the word immediate.

We've signed too many in the past who either contributed minimally, or contributed only in their final year.

You can't afford to make a mistake with JUCO's.
    Great post

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    On offense, I'm not certain if they think the 2018 QB is on the roster now or not. If they don't, you could see a Grad transfer or Juco signed. The most glaring need on offense in my opinion is the offensive tackle position. We need to get a little more athletic at that position.

On defense, we need DL that can get up the field. Preferably at the DE or edge position. We need help at the MLB position. We have kids on the roster that can play WLB, but we definately need help at the MLB position.

We also need help at the CB position. We really don't have many kids that project at the corner back position. We do have a number that can play safety including Crawford returning.

And we also need a experienced punter. Someone that can come in and play consistently.

QB? (Maybe), OT,DL, MLB,CB and Punter.
    That was my list also. What about TE in Napier's offense. Can Rogers be a weapon in his scheme? He looked like a fluid athlete who could create mismatches.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    So what? I'll take "only" two years of Harry Peoples or similar at other positions every time.

Also, why do you think we only ever get two years from a JC transfer? Look up Dwight Bentley.
    So would I, just don't twist my words. ... Please.

DaddyCajun is offline Dig deep UL will Prosper! Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Ragin' Cajuns Re: JuCo signees

Dawg, chillax on my brother of many twisted words, Turbine! No twisting zone when posting on Turbines postits!(is that a word my brother)?

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    JC transfers still don't know the system. Their biggest impact is in year two and after that you're back to square one.

Balanced HC recruiting will always be your best bet, but never over HC it or you are back at square one every 5 years.
    ....I think we brought in 17 transfers of recruits with Augie T.....had great success and made the mistake of trying to wean too soon from that source!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    Dawg, chillax on my brother of many twisted words, Turbine! No twisting zone when posting on Turbines postits!(is that a word my brother)?
    Thanks you tell him. I am perfectly capable of twisting my own words in a knot, don't need no help.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    I think this class will be fine we have some proven recruiters on this staff
    Exactly. I am not stressed about signings right now with this list of coaches he is bringing in.

Blog Entries

2018 class i'm not expecting miracles. 2019 i'm expecting big harvest!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4