_ _ _ _
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: KATC Sports

Default KATC Sports

Absolutely suck since Travis Webb left.

raginsaints is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: KATC Sports

Yeah, real shame too because KLFY is a joke and that nerd on Fox is awful.

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Most local sports suck in tv. In NOLA, I've pretty much given up except Sunday night in football season.

ZoomZoom is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Andrew Clay got off on the wrong foot and dropped Lafayette on us. Then the other night, he spoke about UL playing SLU for the first time since we left the SLC. Andrew Clay needs to go sit down with our AC director, Jay, or somebody that won't go ballistic on and get some schooling on UL. Typical Yankee.

Fox...guy thinks he's the second coming of Chris Berhman. Which he isn't.

10 is hopeless.

I have not watch local news in a few years Twitter is a much better source of news

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    I have not watch local news in a few years Twitter is a much better source of news
    Yeap. Local news is just like the newspaper. Dying quickly. I quit watching a long time ago.
    Twitter is king!

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    Yeah, real shame too because KLFY is a joke and that nerd on Fox is awful.
    Hey! Don't hate on the boom sauce brah

Jk. He's pretty annoying but has grown on me somehow

Yes I agree. Andrew Clay is not doing anything to win over Acadiana sports fans with his broadcasts. Seth Lewis should have gotten the job. Have not seen Andrew Clay at any of the UL home basketball games. Always Seth doing the leg work & Clay reports. Time allotment to sports broadcast has seemed to decrease since Clay took over. Even saw Marcelle doing sports one night. KATC went from a #1 broadcast with Travis to a very mediocre broadcast with Andrew Clay!

Spoke with a friend that spent his career in local television. We get three types of reporters here for radio and television. Fresh out of college and trying to work their way up, people who are local and want to be here and those on their way down. Their bios on their respective websites speak for themselves. Major market to here, either they WANT to be here or they're on their way down. Clay comes across as warm and fuzzy as a wet penguin.

Travis wanted to be here. Clay, well...

Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Spoke with a friend that spent his career in local television. We get three types of reporters here for radio and television. Fresh out of college and trying to work their way up, people who are local and want to be here and those on their way down. Their bios on their respective websites speak for themselves. Major market to here, either they WANT to be here or they're on their way down. Clay comes across as warm and fuzzy as a wet penguin.

Travis wanted to be here. Clay, well...
    Well that Pee-wee Herman looking dude at KADN Collin Kushner is cool, or not? BoomSauce!

I disagree. KATC is worlds better ever since that 7th rate producer who posts here from time to time left.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    I disagree. KATC is worlds better ever since that 7th rate producer who posts here from time to time left.
    As that "7th rate producer," I can tell you that Travis was a hoot to work with. But he wanted more time with his family. KATC had huge shoes to fill. Not sure they filled them all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by nathancpike View Post
    As that "7th rate producer," I can tell you that Travis was a hoot to work with. But he wanted more time with his family. KATC had huge shoes to fill. Not sure they filled them all the way.
    My inside intel assured me that said 7th rate producer is the real reason he left.

My inside intel assured me that said 7th rate producer is the real reason he left.
    That's interesting considering he left after I was long gone.

Quote Originally Posted by nathancpike View Post
    That's interesting considering he left after I was long gone.
    #FakeNews

#FakeNews
    Dilly dilly! Whatever the eff that means.

I didn't even know there were people that actually still waited around for the #localnews for #sportsupdates.
    That must be #torture.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    I didn't even know there were people that actually still waited around for the #localnews for #sportsupdates.
    That must be #torture.
    Twitter or Instagram will never be my thing. Facebook, eh, I don't care what or where people ate supper.

I only pay attention to KATC or such if it's game day or the late evening right after the game. If it's purple and puke, I turn it off.

Dilly, dilly! From a beer commercial, one in a blue can. Don't remember the brand...lol.

I love boom sauce. He should get Tabasco to sponsor him.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Absolutely suck since Travis Webb left.
    Everyday this week they have had 1 story on the sports segment.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast