_ _ _ _
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 77

Thread: KATC Sports

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,233

    Default KATC Sports

    Absolutely suck since Travis Webb left.


  2. #2
    raginsaints's Avatar
    raginsaints is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    7,734

    Default Re: KATC Sports

    Yeah, real shame too because KLFY is a joke and that nerd on Fox is awful.


  3. #3
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    13,997

    Default Re: KATC Sports

    Most local sports suck in tv. In NOLA, I've pretty much given up except Sunday night in football season.


  4. #4
    ZoomZoom's Avatar
    ZoomZoom is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5,132

    Default Re: KATC Sports

    Andrew Clay got off on the wrong foot and dropped Lafayette on us. Then the other night, he spoke about UL playing SLU for the first time since we left the SLC. Andrew Clay needs to go sit down with our AC director, Jay, or somebody that won't go ballistic on and get some schooling on UL. Typical Yankee.

    Fox...guy thinks he's the second coming of Chris Berhman. Which he isn't.

    10 is hopeless.


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,989

    Default Re: KATC Sports

    I have not watch local news in a few years Twitter is a much better source of news


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    2,844

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    I have not watch local news in a few years Twitter is a much better source of news
    Yeap. Local news is just like the newspaper. Dying quickly. I quit watching a long time ago.
    Twitter is king!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    558

    Default Re: KATC Sports

    Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    Yeah, real shame too because KLFY is a joke and that nerd on Fox is awful.
    Hey! Don't hate on the boom sauce brah



    Jk. He's pretty annoying but has grown on me somehow

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    19

    Default Re: KATC Sports

    Yes I agree. Andrew Clay is not doing anything to win over Acadiana sports fans with his broadcasts. Seth Lewis should have gotten the job. Have not seen Andrew Clay at any of the UL home basketball games. Always Seth doing the leg work & Clay reports. Time allotment to sports broadcast has seemed to decrease since Clay took over. Even saw Marcelle doing sports one night. KATC went from a #1 broadcast with Travis to a very mediocre broadcast with Andrew Clay!


  9. #9
    ZoomZoom's Avatar
    ZoomZoom is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5,132

    Default Re: KATC Sports

    Spoke with a friend that spent his career in local television. We get three types of reporters here for radio and television. Fresh out of college and trying to work their way up, people who are local and want to be here and those on their way down. Their bios on their respective websites speak for themselves. Major market to here, either they WANT to be here or they're on their way down. Clay comes across as warm and fuzzy as a wet penguin.

    Travis wanted to be here. Clay, well...

    Attached Images Attached Images  

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LAFAYETTE
    Posts
    9,532
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: KATC Sports

    Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Spoke with a friend that spent his career in local television. We get three types of reporters here for radio and television. Fresh out of college and trying to work their way up, people who are local and want to be here and those on their way down. Their bios on their respective websites speak for themselves. Major market to here, either they WANT to be here or they're on their way down. Clay comes across as warm and fuzzy as a wet penguin.

    Travis wanted to be here. Clay, well...
    Well that Pee-wee Herman looking dude at KADN Collin Kushner is cool, or not? BoomSauce!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sugar Land, TX
    Posts
    2,753

    Default Re: KATC Sports

    I disagree. KATC is worlds better ever since that 7th rate producer who posts here from time to time left.


  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Behind Bisbano's!
    Posts
    1,026

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    I disagree. KATC is worlds better ever since that 7th rate producer who posts here from time to time left.
    As that "7th rate producer," I can tell you that Travis was a hoot to work with. But he wanted more time with his family. KATC had huge shoes to fill. Not sure they filled them all the way.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sugar Land, TX
    Posts
    2,753

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nathancpike View Post
    As that "7th rate producer," I can tell you that Travis was a hoot to work with. But he wanted more time with his family. KATC had huge shoes to fill. Not sure they filled them all the way.
    My inside intel assured me that said 7th rate producer is the real reason he left.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Behind Bisbano's!
    Posts
    1,026

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    My inside intel assured me that said 7th rate producer is the real reason he left.
    That's interesting considering he left after I was long gone.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sugar Land, TX
    Posts
    2,753

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nathancpike View Post
    That's interesting considering he left after I was long gone.
    #FakeNews

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Behind Bisbano's!
    Posts
    1,026

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    #FakeNews
    Dilly dilly! Whatever the eff that means.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    2,844

    Default

    I didn't even know there were people that actually still waited around for the #localnews for #sportsupdates.
    That must be #torture.


  18. #18
    ZoomZoom's Avatar
    ZoomZoom is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5,132

    Default Re: KATC Sports

    Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    I didn't even know there were people that actually still waited around for the #localnews for #sportsupdates.
    That must be #torture.
    Twitter or Instagram will never be my thing. Facebook, eh, I don't care what or where people ate supper.

    I only pay attention to KATC or such if it's game day or the late evening right after the game. If it's purple and puke, I turn it off.

    Dilly, dilly! From a beer commercial, one in a blue can. Don't remember the brand...lol.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    378

    Default Re: KATC Sports

    I love boom sauce. He should get Tabasco to sponsor him.


  20. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    552

    Default Re: KATC Sports

    Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Absolutely suck since Travis Webb left.
    Everyday this week they have had 1 story on the sports segment.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •