_ _ _ _
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 328

Thread: FB offer watch

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,994

    Default Re: FB offer watch

    Excellent move by Napier.


  2. #42
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    broussard,la
    Posts
    6,403
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: FB offer watch

    Napier fixing to come on Schultz show


  3. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    broussard,la
    Posts
    6,403
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: FB offer watch

    He said coach Sales being announced today


  4. #44
    cajun4life's Avatar
    cajun4life is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    6,589

    Default Re: FB offer watch

    Well we desperately need to hit home runs with OL/DL/LB signees. If we can land some studs who can contribute early at these three positions this years class will be super successful.


  5. #45
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    1,467

    Default Re: FB offer watch

    I understand our DC will be a a bigger deal than Coach Sale in the eyes of those that know and follow college football.


  6. #46
    Just1More's Avatar
    Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    16,079
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: FB offer watch

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Well we desperately need to hit home runs with OL/DL/LB signees. If we can land some studs who can contribute early at these three positions this years class will be super successful.
    I haven't read or listened to what Napier said... but by delaying the LOIs... doesn't that also allow him time to assess the athletes in this program... and help make determinations of where he must focus his recruiting, transfer, JUCO efforts? I would think so.

    I also think Napier is going to find some football players among some of the people in the program we think are untalented. For everyone that keeps blathering about "FCS talent"... Napier could probably take his pick of the Southland athletes and stomp the living ____ out of the SBC and the majority of the G5. There are SBC and FCS programs (well coached) that even the best Hud team did not eclipse.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Cajun Country
    Posts
    548

    Default Re: FB offer watch

    Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    I haven't read or listened to what Napier said... but by delaying the LOIs... doesn't that also allow him time to assess the athletes in this program... and help make determinations of where he must focus his recruiting, transfer, JUCO efforts? I would think so.

    I also think Napier is going to find some football players among some of the people in the program we think are untalented. For everyone that keeps blathering about "FCS talent"... Napier could probably take his pick of the Southland athletes and stomp the living ____ out of the SBC and the majority of the G5. There are SBC and FCS programs (well coached) that even the best Hud team did not eclipse.
    I think you are right J1M...I think he can out scheme most of the SBC teams while he builds quality talent on the roster over the remaining recruiting time this off season. Then use all that talent with a full off season of recruiting next year and beat/compete with App St, Ark St and Troy.

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    3,168

    Default Re: FB offer watch

    Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    I haven't read or listened to what Napier said... but by delaying the LOIs... doesn't that also allow him time to assess the athletes in this program... and help make determinations of where he must focus his recruiting, transfer, JUCO efforts? I would think so.

    I also think Napier is going to find some football players among some of the people in the program we think are untalented. For everyone that keeps blathering about "FCS talent"... Napier could probably take his pick of the Southland athletes and stomp the living ____ out of the SBC and the majority of the G5. There are SBC and FCS programs (well coached) that even the best Hud team did not eclipse.
    He said it was premature for the program, the young men and their families to make a big commitment right now without knowing each other. The quote in the advocate is really good.

  9. #49
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lafayette LA
    Posts
    8,564

    Default Re: FB offer watch

    Why does Napier keep talking about only needing to sign 18 guys?


  10. #50
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    9,407

    Default Re: FB offer watch

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Well we desperately need to hit home runs with OL/DL/LB signees. If we can land some studs who can contribute early at these three positions this years class will be super successful.
    Definitely the three biggest needs in terms of position.

  11. #51
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    broussard,la
    Posts
    6,403
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: FB offer watch

    Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post
    Why does Napier keep talking about only needing to sign 18 guys?


    Think Hud played the blue shirt/ grey shirt etc game... i'm sure our schollys available is out of whack

  12. #52

    Default Re: FB offer watch

    Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    Just saw on Twitter that we offered Merrit. Dude was a 4 star athlete at Destrahan!

    Check out Kirk Merritt (@kirkmerritt33): https://twitter.com/kirkmerritt33?s=09

    Way to go Dez and Napier!
    Louisiana 2018 Football Offers (144)
    https://247sports.com/college/louisi...ootball/Offers

  13. #53
    Just1More's Avatar
    Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    16,079
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: FB offer watch

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Well we desperately need to hit home runs with OL/DL/LB signees. If we can land some studs who can contribute early at these three positions this years class will be super successful.
    Aren't most OL and DL "developmental"... when it comes to HS recruits? Aren't the only "early contributors" in those positions generally JUCO transfers?

    In all reality... if our program is most lacking in linemen... we will have a slower rate of program elevation. And the reality of it is... we are most lacking in linemen. A short distance behind linemen as the most difficult positions to recruit in G5... and especially believing you'll pick someone up out of HS that will have an immediate impact... is at linebacker.

    The biggest impact of "Napier Year One"... will have to be the coaching impact of Napier and staff. I completely agree that if Napier can recruit OL/DL/LB studs in this recruiting pass... that's an awesome accomplishment. But to expect an immediate contribution out of those individuals... is a stretch... don't you think?

  14. #54
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    4,417

    Default Re: FB offer watch

    Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    I haven't read or listened to what Napier said... but by delaying the LOIs... doesn't that also allow him time to assess the athletes in this program... and help make determinations of where he must focus his recruiting, transfer, JUCO efforts? I would think so.

    I also think Napier is going to find some football players among some of the people in the program we think are untalented. For everyone that keeps blathering about "FCS talent"... Napier could probably take his pick of the Southland athletes and stomp the living ____ out of the SBC and the majority of the G5. There are SBC and FCS programs (well coached) that even the best Hud team did not eclipse.
    A million times this. Talent is important. I repeat talent is important. At our level, development and game planning, and good old fashioned coaching is much more important. We MUST develop whoever we get. As who we get becomes more talented our ceiling will rise. But to win the sunbelt? We don't need astronomically better talent, we need astronomically better development.

  15. #55
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    9,407

    Default Re: FB offer watch

    Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Aren't most OL and DL "developmental"... when it comes to HS recruits? Aren't the only "early contributors" in those positions generally JUCO transfers?

    In all reality... if our program is most lacking in linemen... we will have a slower rate of program elevation. And the reality of it is... we are most lacking in linemen. A short distance behind linemen as the most difficult positions to recruit in G5... and especially believing you'll pick someone up out of HS that will have an immediate impact... is at linebacker.

    The biggest impact of "Napier Year One"... will have to be the coaching impact of Napier and staff. I completely agree that if Napier can recruit OL/DL/LB studs in this recruiting pass... that's an awesome accomplishment. But to expect an immediate contribution out of those individuals... is a stretch... don't you think?
    These are the two positions we've had guys come in and actually contribute immediately. People can say what they want about Hud's recruiting but he brought guys in that contributed at once on the OL and DL. Justin Hamilton, Ringo, Joe Dillon, Prudhomme, Horst etc..

  16. #56
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LAFAYETTE
    Posts
    9,871
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: FB offer watch

    Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post
    Why does Napier keep talking about only needing to sign 18 guys?
    They're taking some transfers.

  17. #57
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.
    Posts
    6,678

    Default Re: FB offer watch

    Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post
    Why does Napier keep talking about only needing to sign 18 guys?
    Transfers.

  18. #58
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    broussard,la
    Posts
    6,403
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: FB offer watch

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    They're taking some transfers.
    grad students ? available immediately?

  19. #59
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    3,168

    Default Re: FB offer watch

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    They're taking some transfers.
    Manny Wilkins?

  20. #60
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    447

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    I understand our DC will be a a bigger deal than Coach Sale in the eyes of those that know and follow college football.
    That is a BIG TEASE Rick.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •