_ _ _ _
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: MBB Final: Louisiana 82, Southeastern 74

Default Re: SLU Basketball Preview

The big drought for Nicholls in the 2nd half was eerily familiar, although Tulane didn't win by 25. Also regarding SLU I caught bits and pieces of the coaches show tonight while running errands but did hear Marlin say that this is a 2 for 1 where we make only 1 trip to Hammond. I would assume we're paying something for the 3rd game?

RaginScotsman is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I just looked at the play by play. Nicholls scored their 59th point at the 11:05 mark. They did not score again until 3:54. That's nearly an 8 minute drought. That's incredible.

I was wondering before I came into this thread how a game preview had 20+ posts. Now I see it turned into a live game thread for two other teams currently playing each other.

UL is the only Division I school in the country ranked in the top-20 nationally in scoring offense (13th, 89.2), assists per game (5th, 19.5), and steals per game (19th, 9.2).
    http://www.theadvertiser.com/story/s...ana/963038001/

Quote Originally Posted by IberiaCajun View Post
    Stephen F. Austin is 10-1 and the best team in the Southland. They just beat LSU on the road. They are probably the odds on favorite to win their conference. Lamar is 8-2.
    SFA & Lamar entered the season as the Southland favorites & have lived up to the hype. SLU could be right there with a quality group of guards (Veal is small but electric; Filmore, out the last two years with torn ACLs, can shoot & score) & bigs (Capps battled injuries last season and is an all-conference talent like Veal; Greenwood & Currington are also solid in the post). ACU has had a strong start this season as well and could be a darkhorse to watch in the SLC.

Abilene Christian University?

Yes. Abilene Christian has strong tandems inside (Friday & Lewis) & outside (Franklin & Foster), plus almost everybody back from last season. This is the program's first season as a full-fledged D1 member. The Wildcats have wins so far this season over Bowling Green, Air Force & Texas State.

Meanwhile, UTA lost to #25 Creighton last night.
    http://www.utamavs.com/sports/m-bask...121817aad.html

Quote Originally Posted by IberiaCajun View Post
    Meanwhile, UTA lost to #25 Creighton last night.
    http://www.utamavs.com/sports/m-bask...121817aad.html
    Cajuns need to win this conference going away this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Parrott View Post
    SFA & Lamar entered the season as the Southland favorites & have lived up to the hype. SLU could be right there with a quality group of guards (Veal is small but electric; Filmore, out the last two years with torn ACLs, can shoot & score) & bigs (Capps battled injuries last season and is an all-conference talent like Veal; Greenwood & Currington are also solid in the post). ACU has had a strong start this season as well and could be a darkhorse to watch in the SLC.
    Dude, how the hell have you been? We miss you around here. How's Texas? Family?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    Dude, how the hell have you been? We miss you around here. How's Texas? Family?
    Happy as I can remember in a long, long time. My two kids (daughter is almost 6, son almost 2) are happy and healthy. Really enjoy being in Texas. Excited about the future. Appreciate you asking.

DieHard1280 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Happy as I can remember in a long, long time. My two kids (daughter is almost 6, son almost 2) are happy and healthy. Really enjoy being in Texas. Excited about the future. Appreciate you asking.
    Even though I'm not the one who asked, this is great to hear!! Family is what it's all about!

Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Looks like Josh is confirming what I was told by a Cajun staff member. SLU has some talent and will be the best SLC club we have faced. Guys have to be ready to play or they will have their hands full.

Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Good to hear from you JP. Merry Christmas!

Z

Hey pal, great to read the kiddos are well. I'm actually right around the corner from you for the next couple days. (Lamesa) Abilene is a pretty cool place, I'm sure you guys are enjoying it. Don't be a stranger!

Is Max Chauvin reffing tonight?

I can appreciate the level of talent SLU has. I can recognize they are not a walk over team.

Having said that, I expect to win by double digits in our building. Sweet Sixteen or bust.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I can appreciate the level of talent SLU has. I can recognize they are not a walk over team.

Having said that, I expect to win by double digits in our building. Sweet Sixteen or bust.
    We are playing like dog poop right now

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Flaming hot garbage now

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Yea we look aweful

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast