_ _ _ _
Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Football Staff

Default Re: Football Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    Not all of the best coaches are with power conference teams. Big time resources can make guys look great and lack of resources can make those same coaches look average.
    All true. It was a tongue-in-cheek comment on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by SMD7636 View Post
    Tim Leger would be a smart hire for both recruiting and coaching. ULM has a top notch recruiting class this year. He must be doing something right.
    Would not go that far but I think he could do well in a reserve roll

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Would not go that far but I think he could do well in a reserve roll
    Tim is a damn good recruiter.. He could sell common sense to river ranch man

Tim Leger also coached baseball and football at STM for a few years in the early 2000s. He would be a great guy to have on staff, big time competitor. If you like what you see out of Gunner Leger on the mound, just realize that he learned that from his dad, Tim. Former minor leaguer, super competitive and a class act. It's funny that you mention him being followed in twitter all of a sudden by Napier, cause I had a thought earlier today about us potentially targeting him with his connection to Sale and this University with his son pitching for UL.

Joe Hastings As a DL coach? #twitterspeculations

I'm anxious to hear who we hire as DC. Im surprised there aren't any rumors yet

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    I'm anxious to hear who we hire as DC. Im surprised there aren't any rumors yet
    I'm surprised I haven't heard anything either

raginsaints is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Joe Hastings As a DL coach? #twitterspeculations
    The WR coach from Michigan?

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    This was on the Michigan website
    Defensive Graduate Assistant

Joe Hastings is in his second season as a defensive graduate assistant coach for the Wolverines, working with the defensive line. Hastings spent the 2014 season as a pro personnel assistant for the Philadelphia Eagles.

Hastings played in the NFL for three seasons (2011-13) as a wide receiver for the San Francisco 49ers and Miami Dolphins and the UFL for one season with the Sacramento Lions.

Hastings was a four-year letterman and two-year starter at wide receiver for Washburn College (2005-09). He appeared in 23 games with two starts, collecting 32 receptions for 487 yards and two touchdowns during his career.

Hastings earned his bachelor's degree in marketing from Washburn.

raginsaints is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

His Twitter profile says "coach wide receivers Michigan"

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    Reading further he will be moving to WR this season

Joe Hastings is in his third season as a graduate assistant coach for the Wolverines, working with the wide receivers. In each of the past two seasons, Hastings worked with the defensive line.

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    His son would love it
    That would be pretty cool especially since Gunner stayed for his senior year

Clutch0364 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Reading further he will be moving to WR this season

Joe Hastings is in his third season as a graduate assistant coach for the Wolverines, working with the wide receivers. In each of the past two seasons, Hastings worked with the defensive line.
    He has also worked as a personnel guy in the NFL. If he is a guy hired it could be for a position off the field.

Clutch0364 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    All true. It was a tongue-in-cheek comment on my part.
    I figured it was but you know they will have some people who will try to tear every hire apart.

Considering:
    1. Our head coach has already said he will essentially be the offensive coordinator from a design and play calling perspective,
    2. Our biggest offensive weakness the last few years has been line play

Hiring an offensive line expert as our highest paid offensive assistant makes complete sense. Throw in that he should bolster in state recruiting...win-win

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    Considering:
    1. Our head coach has already said he will essentially be the offensive coordinator from a design and play calling perspective,
    2. Our biggest offensive weakness the last few years has been line play

Hiring an offensive line expert as our highest paid offensive assistant makes complete sense. Throw in that he should bolster in state recruiting...win-win
    The best teams are built on the OL and DL. We will win a lot of games if we are good in both those spots.

Blog Entries

First step for our big ugly's is to get them slimmed up , quicker, and in shape. Right now they are just plain to unathletic. I hope Leger is hired as previously speculated.

Just1More is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Tim is a damn good recruiter.. He could sell common sense to river ranch man
    That's ludicrous. No one is that good.

Just1More is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    I figured it was but you know they will have some people who will try to tear every hire apart.
    That's always bothered me in terms of evaluating people based on their resume. Very often a substantial talent is forced to take routes in their career that don't necessarily make their resume sparkle. And it is also true that less talented people have sparkling resumes that have little to do with their personal contribution.

ULGrad@HOU was just making a funny about ULM. There are some posters in our quarters... and I kind of understand them... that don't want our coaches to have built their careers within one of our least favorite programs. Any time I'm challenged by that notion... I just think "Tony Robichaux"... and I smile.

Quote Originally Posted by fpc4life99 View Post
    Who is Andrew Burkett?
    Wasn't that the gay lawyer fired from his job in the movie "Philadelphia"?

Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast