_ _ _ _
Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Football Staff

Clutch0364 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Gumbeaux View Post
    I was sure if those duties werent sometimes placed on position coaches to sweeten their pay.
    No they are off the field roles. Some schools have more than others. That 2 mil should give us a very good on and off field staff.

Clutch0364 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Football Staff

Let's get weird. Not sure what offensive assistants in NFL make but how about Charlie Weis Jr. He works for Atlanta falcons. Previously was analyst with Alabama and quality control with Florida. Spent 2 months with Kiffin at FAU before leaving for Atlanta.

Josh Wright - Director of player personnel with Bama. I can't find his salary info and don't think we can out pay Bama. He was previously the RB coach with UAB. He organizes recruiting at Bama.

Don't think we can afford him but hey see what sticks.

Clutch, I realize an analyst analyzes, but what does his job entail exactly? Is this a guy watching game film and then making a report to the coaching staff on how to improve, or is he watching it live and reporting to them during the action so they can make adjustments?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    Clutch, I realize an analyst analyzes, but what does his job entail exactly? Is this a guy watching game film and then making a report to the coaching staff on how to improve, or is he watching it live and reporting to them during the action so they can make adjustments?
    Can't make my link work. I'll send article in a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/08/3...ww.google.com/

Added Radakovich: "It's a lot of people. It does (add up financially). Clemson's never run an athletic deficit and we get no money from the state, no money from the university, no money from our students. So this is coming from donors, ticket sales and our relationship within the Atlantic Coast Conference."
    Winning and being in the right conference makes a world of difference.

fanof71 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by IberiaCajun View Post
    Added Radakovich: "It's a lot of people. It does (add up financially). Clemson's never run an athletic deficit and we get no money from the state, no money from the university, no money from our students. So this is coming from donors, ticket sales and our relationship within the Atlantic Coast Conference."
    Winning and being in the right conference makes a world of difference.
    IPTAY

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    Has previously coached with Napier. Just throwing names out there and seeing what sticks.
    I saw where someone said "interviews with current staff today". I guess that's a courtesy always afforded former staff? My guess with Napier... like most head coaches... you'll see staff made up from people he's worked with, people he admired via crossed paths, people that trusted sources recommended he speak with... and from interesting resumes and phone calls he receives from well known coaches looking for a new gig.

Question: Napier needs some staff for recruiting and start of offseason operations... but what date (approx) does he need a full staff in place for this coming season?

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    I saw where someone said "interviews with current staff today". I guess that's a courtesy always afforded former staff? My guess with Napier... like most head coaches... you'll see staff made up from people he's worked with, people he admired via crossed paths, people that trusted sources recommended he speak with... and from interesting resumes and phone calls he receives from well known coaches looking for a new gig.

Question: Napier needs some staff for recruiting and start of offseason operations... but what date (approx) does he need a full staff in place for this coming season?
    He said he would be patient and deliberate. He implied that he wants to get his coordinators within the next couple days and the rest of the staff won't be rushed. Players return in early January. You would think he would want the majority of his staff by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post

He mentioned having coordinators and strength coach in place first and then take time to make sure he has all the right guys in place.

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    He mentioned having coordinators and strength coach in place first and then take time to make sure he has all the right guys in place.
    Sounds logical. I didn't know he'd move on a S&C coach as one of his first hires. It may be that he needs that person immediately working with the offseason work with the athletes. But without question I can see where he'd focus entirely on his coordinator hires. From there, and with them, the rest of the staff gets identified. I imagine, for instance, he may hire a DC that demands a particular OL coach or LB coach be his decision.

My thoughts were mainly on a) what staff is essential to continue recruiting and begin operations, and b) how long can you wait and still extract personnel from other programs? Is there a ripe time to cherry pick staff before the window closes... or if the money is right... can you keep taking staff from other programs throughout the year... pretty much?

basinbear is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

He absolutely needs his OC, DC and strength Coaches in place asap....He will bring in as many as he can by the first week in January...that done you can still have a quality recruiting class.

Napier kept Troy Wingerter on staff. In what capacity, I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
    Napier kept Troy Wingerter on staff. In what capacity, I don't know.
    That's the impression I got from Troy's Facebook account. I'm happy for Troy and his family.

CajunAmos is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Not surprising to me. Even Dr. Maggard said how good a job Troy does with logistics for football.

Good news for Troy and UL!

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Troy would be hard to replace in the things he does now. You'd have to spend little time around Troy to realize how good he is at what he does.

Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast