_ _ _ _
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Meanwhile, Cajuns have the best basketball team in LA

Default Re: Meanwhile, Cajuns have the best basketball team in LA

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    Oh I know what he's referencing. and he believes Massey more than the actual results of a game.
    You KNOW them Jesuits—they tend to think "differently"......

RaginScotsman is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    SFA is legit!
    Yet the papers are calling it an upset. What, an upset the SFA didn't win by more? SFA should have been favored and it would have been an upset had LSU-BR won.

Blog Entries

Taking off my vermilion glasses for a second regarding LSU's schedule vs LA.........Nah, LA is #1!!!!

Cravin' boudin this am

SFA beat ULM by 3; LTURd by 2 and LSU by 1.

RaginScotsman is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

If you want a laugh, check out LaTechReport.com Twitter. Check out the comments this "specimen" wrote about the Polytechnic-UL game. If someone like that were to run a Cajuns site, I'd be flat out embarrassed.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    If you want a laugh, check out LaTechReport.com Twitter. Check out the comments this "specimen" wrote about the Polytechnic-UL game. If someone like that were to run a Cajuns site, I'd be flat out embarrassed.
    I'm blocked. Honestly all I did was retweet the final score that they posted.

Boomer is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Boomer is talking about massy or RPI ratings. The fact is we are 9 and 2 and could finish with double digit wins in our ooc schedule for the first time in a long time..
    ......Just looking st what a Composite ranking suggests....nobody wants a top Louisiana ranking more than I, but this is what the rankings say!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    I'm blocked as well but have called them out constantly since last week.

VObserver is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Boomer is talking about massy or RPI ratings. The fact is we are 9 and 2 and could finish with double digit wins in our ooc schedule for the first time in a long time..
    If by "a long time" you mean last year. We have only one decent win, Tech. I will get excited if we beat GaSo or UTA, and otherwise take care of business in conference.

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ......Just looking st what a Composite ranking suggests....nobody wants a top Louisiana ranking more than I, but this is what the rankings say!!!!
    If you don't like your Massy blame your coach for cupcake schedule.

VObserver is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    If you don't like your Massy blame your coach for cupcake schedule.
    Express, you know all those SLC and MEAC teams we play are great. Our 324th ranked strength of schedule proves that. (Sarcasm off)

For those that think our team is great, we will likely start conference play with the same record as last year, and an RPI 25-40 spots worse than last year. We will have only one decent win out of conference unless by some miracle we beat Clemson. Marlin is dragging our program down to the level he is comfortable coaching.

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

No doubt the typical RP poster is buying into cupcake schedule. Just like many previous years. Can only pray we're nearly as good as our score differential.

ZoomZoom is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

The CONFERENCE OOC is drags everyone down. UTA was up there the last few years pre conference, hit conference and their RPI dropped. Didn't win the tournament, off to the NIT.

More than any sport, basketball is "together we rise".., cough, cough. Everyone has to schedule better or it does not matter.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Express, you know all those SLC and MEAC teams we play are great. Our 324th ranked strength of schedule proves that. (Sarcasm off)

For those that think our team is great, we will likely start conference play with the same record as last year, and an RPI 25-40 spots worse than last year. We will have only one decent win out of conference unless by some miracle we beat Clemson. Marlin is dragging our program down to the level he is comfortable coaching.
    We all get it, you hate Bob Marlin. Fact is he has put together a very nice team that plays very well together and is a lot of fun to watch. You stay home and we'll enjoy this season

Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    We all get it, you hate Bob Marlin. Fact is he has put together a very nice team that plays very well together and is a lot of fun to watch. You stay home and we'll enjoy this season
    +1

We will once again be 3rd to 6th in a mediocre conference. You can be happy with that. I won't.

We will once again be 3rd to 6th in a mediocre conference. You can be happy with that. I won't.
    Will you still act like a bitter old man if we end up first in conference. My guess is yes, you just won't post about it

I'm gunna disagree here. Tech on the road (RPI 53) was a good win, and in dominating fashion. Regardless of how Iowa looks, the injury to their best player has hurt them. They will right the ship and should end up being a nice win. Also, we dominated them, in every way. Richmond has always had a solid program, and I expect them to be a solid win as well. When these games were scheduled, they were good schedules. I'm not going to hold Marlin responsible for Richmond or Iowa being down, even if that turns out to be the case. The Ole Miss game was a huge learning experience with a brand new team, and I thought we hung tough with Wyoming, just couldn't buy a bucket that day.

This team has a couple of bonafide ball players, with a super star in the making. They share the ball and play defense. Also they are still improving and getting better every time out. Yes, we can clean up some inconsistencies, but I said before the year, I expect growing pains.

As far as the RPI goes, a lot of that is out of our hands. This year's team is obviously better than last year's team. More depth, better shooting, better defense. I think they are MUCH better actually. And even though we might not be "great", we are still the best college basketball in the state of Louisiana.

Our average win this year is over an RPI of 217, our average loss is to an RPI of 129. Besides Tech, our best win is Nicholls. I am reserving judgment on calling us good. We really don't know whether we are good or not.

Our average win this year is over an RPI of 217, our average loss is to an RPI of 129. Besides Tech, our best win is Nicholls. I am reserving judgment on calling us good. We really don't know whether we are good or not.
    You've got a couple of years on me, so I won't argue about the eye test

But, I feel like I've seen enough to say we can win this league. I've watched almost every other SBC team play at least one game (accept Coastal and App St). There's no way we are finishing 6th in this conference.

I think we'll give Clemson all they want as well. We have a PG that understands spacing and cutting. We have competent shooters for the first time since Lee's tenure. We have 2 forces inside, and probably match up well against any team left on our schedule in the paint.

I think that by the way they're playing they have improved a lot. They have better atheletes starting, they're shooting percentage is up, their assists are incredible, they're playing as a unit, they have more than 1 finisher, they are finishing games better than in the past, they are not playing to the level of their opponents and are actually playing to their own level. I've heard coach Marlin in the past talking about players that wouldn't execute plays or force shots, especially 3's. I'm buying in. I think they have the talent to do really well in the conference and it will come down to execution and coaching as they get deeper into the conference schedule and the games get tighter.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast