_ _ _ _
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast
Results 341 to 360 of 396

Thread: Meanwhile, Cajuns have the best basketball team in LA

  1. #341
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Meaux
    Posts
    241

    Default Re: Meanwhile, Cajuns have the best basketball team in LA

    It really seems like every year, everyone forgets how RPI works, Brian explains it again for baseball season, and then most proceed to forget it again.


  2. #342
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    There is simple no comparison between the two in regards to exposure. NCAA all the way.
    I'm looking at it from a fan's perspective. I feel like winning a couple of games in the NIT would be much more fun than a 1 and done.

    Also, the exposure from an NCAA birth only materializes after winning a game. Can you remember any 13-16 seeds from last year's tournament that didn't win? I can't.

    Now, don't get me wrong, I'd love for the Cajuns to win the tournament and make the big dance.

  3. #343
    ZoomZoom's Avatar
    ZoomZoom is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5,433

    Default Re: Meanwhile, Cajuns have the best basketball team in LA

    Quote Originally Posted by CAJUNryan4 View Post
    It really seems like every year, everyone forgets how RPI works, Brian explains it again for baseball season, and then most proceed to forget it again.
    Bingo, again. Our OOC opponents' wins this weekend helped greatly.

  4. #344
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    South & East of Cajun Field
    Posts
    2,592

    Default Re: Meanwhile, Cajuns have the best basketball team in LA

    Quote Originally Posted by TonaldDrump View Post
    Ok, sorry for the sarcasm.
    Don't apologize. It's expected.

  5. #345
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    South & East of Cajun Field
    Posts
    2,592

    Default Re: Meanwhile, Cajuns have the best basketball team in LA

    Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    How did those consecutive regular season titles and NIT appearances help LA Tech a few years ago?
    Helped their head coach land a new job.

  6. #346
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    I'm looking at it from a fan's perspective. I feel like winning a couple of games in the NIT would be much more fun than a 1 and done.

    Also, the exposure from an NCAA birth only materializes after winning a game. Can you remember any 13-16 seeds from last year's tournament that didn't win? I can't.

    Now, don't get me wrong, I'd love for the Cajuns to win the tournament and make the big dance.
    Can you remember anyone winning a game in the NIT last year? I can't

  7. #347
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    19,542

    Default Re: Meanwhile, Cajuns have the best basketball team in LA

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    Helped their head coach land a new job.
    ....Florida wanted him because he was a Jesuit alumnus! God he must have hated Ruston!!!

  8. #348
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Posts
    214

    Default Re: Meanwhile, Cajuns have the best basketball team in LA

    The NIT is for small minded people. NO one remembers who played in the NIT. If you want your coach to move on because he brought your team to the NIT why even play basketball. The goal is to get to the big dance, everything else is just a hoe down.


  9. #349
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    21,316
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Meanwhile, Cajuns have the best basketball team in LA

    Quote Originally Posted by CAJUNryan4 View Post
    It really seems like every year, everyone forgets how RPI works, Brian explains it again for baseball season, and then most proceed to forget it again.
    Somewhat of a different group of fans.

    Only explanation I can think of.

  10. #350
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    21,316
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Meanwhile, Cajuns have the best basketball team in LA

    Quote Originally Posted by TonaldDrump View Post
    The NIT is for small minded people. NO one remembers who played in the NIT. If you want your coach to move on because he brought your team to the NIT why even play basketball. The goal is to get to the big dance, everything else is just a hoe down.
    No one remembers one and done.

    Regardless of the tourney.

  11. #351
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Posts
    214

    Default Re: Meanwhile, Cajuns have the best basketball team in LA

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    No one remembers one and done.

    Regardless of the tourney.
    You receive over $200k for going to the big dance, not the NIT. Also, no one knows who won the NIT or won a game in the NIT. It is not even close.

  12. #352
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    21,316
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Meanwhile, Cajuns have the best basketball team in LA

    Quote Originally Posted by TonaldDrump View Post
    You receive over $200k for going to the big dance, not the NIT. Also, no one knows who won the NIT or won a game in the NIT. It is not even close.
    Unrelated curveball, no one remembers a winless team in any tournament.

    Every opponent and their entire fan base remembers who beat them regardless of the two tournaments.

    Before I'm asked, I'm going take a refresher on who won the national championship last year.

  13. #353
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    21,316
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Meanwhile, Cajuns have the best basketball team in LA

    NCS

    The money reason is valid but "who remembers" is worthless.


  14. #354
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    14,968

    Default Re: Meanwhile, Cajuns have the best basketball team in LA

    Quote Originally Posted by TonaldDrump View Post
    The NIT is for small minded people. NO one remembers who played in the NIT. If you want your coach to move on because he brought your team to the NIT why even play basketball. The goal is to get to the big dance, everything else is just a hoe down.
    It's a consolation prize for being pretty good as a middle major.

    Getting to the NCAA is the goal, but again not an indicator of being anything but lucky for three games in March

  15. #355
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,238

    Default Re: Meanwhile, Cajuns have the best basketball team in LA

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Unrelated curveball, no one remembers a winless team in any tournament.

    Every opponent and their entire fan base remembers who beat them regardless of the two tournaments.

    Before I'm asked, I'm going take a refresher on who won the national championship last year.
    People are still talking about UNO playing in that play in game...

  16. #356
    Just1More's Avatar
    Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    16,138
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Meanwhile, Cajuns have the best basketball team in LA

    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    You mentioned that you'd take a trip to the big dance any day over multiple NIT's, as if you had to choose one or the other. We all understand the position our program is in as it relates to conference and schedule strength and that we are a one bid league. The main question that needs to be answered by the higher ups is what is our overall focus? As coach has stated in the past, his focus has at times been those three games in March to get us hopefully to the big dance. You seemed to echo that position. My claim is that we need to start by focusing on winning conference championships that will hopefully lead to tournament wins and NCAA bids.
    What would the higher ups do differently with a different stated set of goals? Do you mean scheduling (I see no conference change option)? Aside from scheduling... do you think there's a deliberate change in approach (player development, coaching specifics, etc) during the season... based on a specific "focus" over a different "focus"?

  17. #357
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    21,316
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Meanwhile, Cajuns have the best basketball team in LA

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    People are still talking about UNO playing in that play in game...
    Well you have a point.

    If you can somehow nab the Mr. Irrelevant role you can ride some of that first kiss mileage.

  18. #358
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,557

    Default Re: Meanwhile, Cajuns have the best basketball team in LA

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    It's a consolation prize for being pretty good as a middle major.

    Getting to the NCAA is the goal, but again not an indicator of being anything but lucky for three games in March
    Technically speaking, can one be lucky three games in a row?

  19. #359
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    21,316
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Meanwhile, Cajuns have the best basketball team in LA

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    Technically speaking, can one be lucky three games in a row?
    Rare but yes, if you spot one they are sometimes called National Champs.

  20. #360
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    14,968

    UL Basketball Re: Meanwhile, Cajuns have the best basketball team in LA

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    Technically speaking, can one be lucky three games in a row?
    Let's say you're 3/7 in non conferenc, and 4/14 in conference play. You're either a bad team or a hurting team. Let's assume you win 3 or four in a tournament to get to the NCAA. We can say with confidence lucky isn't only thing, but you're probably not turning things around.


    Being good requires some level of consistabsy at playing well. So that team isn't technically luck, but probably isn't good either.

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •