_ _ _ _
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: Meanwhile, Cajuns have the best basketball team in LA

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Meanwhile, Cajuns have the best basketball team in LA

Iowa won today

ZoomZoom is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Iowa won today
    N. Illinois, 243 RPI. Back to reality January 2nd, conference picks back up. Michigan.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    First of all, all you guys who endorse the 3 days in March mantra always make it sound like the two scenarios are exclusive of one another. You can win the conference outright, position yourself as best you can in the tourney and win that too. It doesn't have to be one or the other. However, to build a program, you need to start by winning conference. Losing in the first round of the NCAA tourney does very little to build your program. It's also a much more significant accomplishment. being the best team in your conference over an 18 game or 20 game schedule is much more difficult than winning 3 games in the tourney. That mindset that the NCAA is our only goal is a joke and I think the current staff and AD are starting to look at winning conference outright much more seriously now.
    Again, winning conference regular season and the conference tourney don't have to be exclusive of one another. But I'd take the 3 NIT's over the one NCAA at this point. It would mean we won our conference out right and we are building something. There are teams that make the NCAA with losing records and that will happen again this year more than likely. Getting your ticket to the big dance doesn't actually always show the accomplishments of the regular season. To me its kind of like going to a bowl game with 6 wins.
    I agree with both of these posts.

DaddyCajun is offline Dig deep UL will Prosper! Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Hopefully ME, a fan who had season tickets for years, will be able to make his first game after the first of the year!

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    N. Illinois, 243 RPI. Back to reality January 2nd, conference picks back up. Michigan.
    What is our Men's and Women's RPI's?

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    6'5 SF Kobe Julien (UL) and 6'9 PF Josh Leblanc (Georgetown) from Madison Prep, 6'4 combo G Javonte Smart (LSU) from Scotlandville, 6'3 SG Greg Williams (St. John's) from LCA, 6'2 PG Jared Butler (Alabama) from Riverside Academy, and 6'7 PF Randy Gladney (undecided) from Deridder are the top recruits in the state this year.

They basically make a full lineup/6th man if they would have all gone to the same school. Would be fun for that type of thing to one day happen at UL.

According to 247/Scout, the order is:
    1. Smart
    2. Butler
    3. Leblanc
    4. Williams
    5. Julien
    6. Gladney
    Heck, here is hoping that we get both Julien and Gladney and the kid from California(dad played at UL).

We got Gladney and Julien
    YYYYYYeeeeeeSSSSSS!!!!

http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketb...basketball-rpi 108 as of pre-game time Sunday December 31, 2017. Lets keep moving to the top 50

Cajuns Men's RPI after a little help last night moved up to 95. Again, the Cajun opponents held up their end of the bargain, all but Tech, losing again.

SLU
    UNO
    Richmond

all won.

Wait, so We are at 95 prior to this afternoons games? Thanks for the good news!

Nice find, RaginDave! Made my night! I get off in 2 hours and go sleep fast to double back for 1730!

I like how Warren Nolan breaks down RPI needs.

That is cool, and does make following other games even more fun!

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    HA! Anyone else notice they are now referring to us correctly on warrennolan?

When I noticed yesterday that they were hyphenating us, I sent them a very nice letter....I actually modified the one LexHead had sent another writer a while back....and est voila: today we are 'Louisiana.'

Another high visibility site now in compliance.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    That 3 games in March nonsense was started by Jay Walker, and parroted by others. Marlin never said that. And y'all know how I feel about Bobby Big Fish.

And even the 3 games in March is used only in regards to getting an NCAA bid.
    Actually, I have heard Bob say this publicly a few times. It definitely comes from him. Now, every time I've heard him say it, he was talking with Jay. And then Jay took it onto his show and made everyone who disagreed feel dumb...as he normally does.

Jay and Bob's point is that "it's true". And it is. I don't dispute that at all. The reason I don't like it being said so freely by the coach is for fan interest reasons. I.e. why should moderate fans go pay a bunch of money to see a game that doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DocCajun View Post
    Actually, I have heard Bob say this publicly a few times. It definitely comes from him. Now, every time I've heard him say it, he was talking with Jay. And then Jay took it onto his show and made everyone who disagreed feel dumb...as he normally does.

Jay and Bob's point is that "it's true". And it is. I don't dispute that at all. The reason I don't like it being said so freely by the coach is for fan interest reasons. I.e. why should moderate fans go pay a bunch of money to see a game that doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things?
    Media does have a way of steering the conversation.

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Football Re: Meanwhile, Cajuns have the best basketball team in LA

Quote Originally Posted by DocCajun View Post

I'm still thinking that they're referring to at large bids. Obviously the whole season matters for lots of reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    Sorry Dave, it is never a negative when LaTech loses!

Yeah, when the necksters play, it's always a win-win for us. If they win it helps our RPI. If they lose, well, that's a win too. LOL

On another note, has it been confirmed that Gladney and Julien will play as Cajuns?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    On another note, has it been confirmed that Gladney and Julien will play as Cajuns?
    Not really sure of the question, they have both signed with the Cajuns in the early signing period.

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast