_ _ _ _
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 94

Thread: Wiki pages

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    4,447

    Default Wiki pages

    Why are our wiki pages so obviously edited by Tech, McNeese or other such fans? Full of incorrect versions of our university names, bad info, etc. Just looked at the basketball page, and it looks like a LaTech remedial English project.

    I have never explored how Wiki is edited, but why can't we get a handle on that nonsense?


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Breaux Bridge
    Posts
    3,917

    Default Re: Wiki pages

    All you have to do is create an account to edit Wiki. I edited some things quite a while back on non UL page just to see if it could be done.


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    20,698
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Wiki pages

    I edited Wiki for a full year a few years back. There is this anti UL guy who has made it his full time mission in life to put out false UL information.

    I gave up


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    4,447

    Default Re: Wiki pages

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I edited Wiki for a full year a few years back. There is this anti UL guy who has made it his full time mission in life to put out false UL information.

    I gave up
    The university should have an intern re-fix it everyday forever. Out stubborn that loser.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Behind Bisbano's!
    Posts
    1,041

    Default Re: Wiki pages

    I tried making changes in the past, but someone would come behind me and undo them literally within minutes. That person and me went back and forth for two hours. I was eventually locked out for "vandalizing" the page.


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    South & East of Cajun Field
    Posts
    1,917

    Default Re: Wiki pages

    Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    Why are our wiki pages so obviously edited by Tech, McNeese or other such fans? Full of incorrect versions of our university names, bad info, etc. Just looked at the basketball page, and it looks like a LaTech remedial English project.

    I have never explored how Wiki is edited, but why can't we get a handle on that nonsense?
    Please tell me we don't have a pic of our water tower like the necksters have on their Ruston wikipage.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    20,698
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Wiki pages

    Quote Originally Posted by nathancpike View Post
    I tried making changes in the past, but someone would come behind me and undo them literally within minutes. That person and me went back and forth for two hours. I was eventually locked out for "vandalizing" the page.
    Literally within minutes" is right. The guy was obsessed with promoting a false UL narrative

  8. #8

    Default Re: Wiki pages

    Man, you guys...Jesus


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    403

    Default Re: Wiki pages

    Quote Originally Posted by randomprecision View Post
    Man, you guys...Jesus
    This thread should be saved and used as a study case about delusion. I am sure someone will mention how everyone needs to be using "our real name" like ESPN does. In case you have been living under a rock, ESPN is run by liberals. The mentality(Liberal) that subscribe to "everyone gets a trophy" and believe being "transgender" is normal if it makes you feel better about yourself.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    4,447

    Default Re: Wiki pages

    I can't imagine what it's like to be the kind of d-bag that sits around editing wiki pages out of spite.

    Or digs around on another school's fan forum looking for any hint of a post about his school.

    Basement dwelling losers.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    20,698
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Wiki pages

    I will give you an example. Athletic page mind you.

    I would put up the official Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns circle logo.

    He would change it to the academic UL Lafayette logo. This went on for many rounds.


  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    16,708

    Default Re: Wiki pages

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverRanchMan View Post
    This thread should be saved and used as a study case about delusion. I am sure someone will mention how everyone needs to be using "our real name" like ESPN does. In case you have been living under a rock, ESPN is run by liberals. The mentality(Liberal) that subscribe to "everyone gets a trophy" and believe being "transgender" is normal if it makes you feel better about yourself.
    Proof...OR GET THE ____ OUT!!

  13. #13

    Default Re: Wiki pages

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I will give you an example. Athletic page mind you.

    I would put up the official Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns circle logo.

    He would change it to the academic UL Lafayette logo. This went on for many rounds.


    I agree, it's ridiculous. But it's Wikipedia...who gives a _____. Good luck with the coaching hire!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    4,447

    Default Re: Wiki pages

    Quote Originally Posted by randomprecision View Post
    I agree, it's ridiculous. But it's Wikipedia...who gives a _____. Good luck with the coaching hire!
    You, enough to post TWICE (of your 6 in the past 4 years) on a thread about it.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    20,698
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Wiki pages

    Quote Originally Posted by randomprecision View Post
    I agree, it's ridiculous. But it's Wikipedia...who gives a _____. Good luck with the coaching hire!
    I can't say it is still the case but early on a lot of media outlets used Wikipedia as their name source, or at least to justify their stance.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,261

    Default Re: Wiki pages

    Someone should bring this to Dr. Maggard's attention. He's not busy or nothin'.


  17. #17

    Default Re: Wiki pages

    Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    You, enough to post TWICE (of your 6 in the past 4 years) on a thread about it.

    Fair enough, but really here out of curiosity of your next coaching hire. Now that is important and really does matter. Something about even the enemy following what the enemy is doing, lol.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    4,447

    Default Re: Wiki pages

    Quote Originally Posted by randomprecision View Post
    Fair enough, but really here out of curiosity of your next coaching hire. Now that is important and really does matter. Something about even the enemy following what the enemy is doing, lol.
    Uh huh.

  19. #19
    RaginScotsman's Avatar
    RaginScotsman is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7,728

    Default Re: Wiki pages

    I've tried making changes too. They never last. Someone obviously goes through great lengths to call us UL-Lafayette, ULL and say that some of our football wins were vacated.


  20. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    2,320

    Default Re: Wiki pages

    Why not get whoever is truly vandalizing the page (that sore loser obsessed with its monitoring and immediately changing it back) blocked for vandalizing - which is what he or she or it is really doing...


Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •