_ _ _ _
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Wiki pages

Default Wiki pages

Why are our wiki pages so obviously edited by Tech, McNeese or other such fans? Full of incorrect versions of our university names, bad info, etc. Just looked at the basketball page, and it looks like a LaTech remedial English project.

I have never explored how Wiki is edited, but why can't we get a handle on that nonsense?

Default Re: Wiki pages

All you have to do is create an account to edit Wiki. I edited some things quite a while back on non UL page just to see if it could be done.

Blog Entries

I edited Wiki for a full year a few years back. There is this anti UL guy who has made it his full time mission in life to put out false UL information.

I gave up

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I edited Wiki for a full year a few years back. There is this anti UL guy who has made it his full time mission in life to put out false UL information.

I gave up
    The university should have an intern re-fix it everyday forever. Out stubborn that loser.

I tried making changes in the past, but someone would come behind me and undo them literally within minutes. That person and me went back and forth for two hours. I was eventually locked out for "vandalizing" the page.

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    Why are our wiki pages so obviously edited by Tech, McNeese or other such fans? Full of incorrect versions of our university names, bad info, etc. Just looked at the basketball page, and it looks like a LaTech remedial English project.

I have never explored how Wiki is edited, but why can't we get a handle on that nonsense?
    Please tell me we don't have a pic of our water tower like the necksters have on their Ruston wikipage.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nathancpike View Post
    I tried making changes in the past, but someone would come behind me and undo them literally within minutes. That person and me went back and forth for two hours. I was eventually locked out for "vandalizing" the page.
    Literally within minutes" is right. The guy was obsessed with promoting a false UL narrative

Man, you guys...Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by randomprecision View Post
    Man, you guys...Jesus
    This thread should be saved and used as a study case about delusion. I am sure someone will mention how everyone needs to be using "our real name" like ESPN does. In case you have been living under a rock, ESPN is run by liberals. The mentality(Liberal) that subscribe to "everyone gets a trophy" and believe being "transgender" is normal if it makes you feel better about yourself.

I can't imagine what it's like to be the kind of d-bag that sits around editing wiki pages out of spite.

Or digs around on another school's fan forum looking for any hint of a post about his school.

Basement dwelling losers.

Blog Entries

I will give you an example. Athletic page mind you.

I would put up the official Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns circle logo.

He would change it to the academic UL Lafayette logo. This went on for many rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRanchMan View Post
    This thread should be saved and used as a study case about delusion. I am sure someone will mention how everyone needs to be using "our real name" like ESPN does. In case you have been living under a rock, ESPN is run by liberals. The mentality(Liberal) that subscribe to "everyone gets a trophy" and believe being "transgender" is normal if it makes you feel better about yourself.
    Proof...OR GET THE ____ OUT!!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I will give you an example. Athletic page mind you.

I would put up the official Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns circle logo.

He would change it to the academic UL Lafayette logo. This went on for many rounds.

I agree, it's ridiculous. But it's Wikipedia...who gives a _____. Good luck with the coaching hire!

I agree, it's ridiculous. But it's Wikipedia...who gives a _____. Good luck with the coaching hire!
    You, enough to post TWICE (of your 6 in the past 4 years) on a thread about it.

Blog Entries

I can't say it is still the case but early on a lot of media outlets used Wikipedia as their name source, or at least to justify their stance.

Someone should bring this to Dr. Maggard's attention. He's not busy or nothin'.

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    You, enough to post TWICE (of your 6 in the past 4 years) on a thread about it.

Fair enough, but really here out of curiosity of your next coaching hire. Now that is important and really does matter. Something about even the enemy following what the enemy is doing, lol.

Fair enough, but really here out of curiosity of your next coaching hire. Now that is important and really does matter. Something about even the enemy following what the enemy is doing, lol.
    Uh huh.

RaginScotsman is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I've tried making changes too. They never last. Someone obviously goes through great lengths to call us UL-Lafayette, ULL and say that some of our football wins were vacated.

Why not get whoever is truly vandalizing the page (that sore loser obsessed with its monitoring and immediately changing it back) blocked for vandalizing - which is what he or she or it is really doing...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast