_ _ _ _
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: RIP California Cajun

Default Re: RIP California Cajun

Condolences to his family and friends.

I remember Cali-Cajun from the Delphi Board.
    I met him at a tailgate "event" - either right before Baldwin was axed or right after Bustle was hired.
    We calked about California (where I was raised) and his Fan Board handle.
    What a great guy.
    62 is very young.....
    RIP, Cali.

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

The good die young. Cali will be missed. Can't believe he's gone.

Will there be a tribute at the Eauque for John Ayers this baseball season?

I remember one of his memorable post some years ago didn't even have any thing to do with sports, it was about shaving. But he was even able to make that interesting and informative explaining the differences between electric and razors (And showing us pictures).

RIP Cali

Quote Originally Posted by ultracajun View Post
    I remember one of his memorable post some years ago didn't even have any thing to do with sports, it was about shaving. But he was even able to make that interesting and informative explaining the differences between electric and razors (And showing us pictures).

RIP Cali
    Remembered that too. The one I saw was a video of him using a straight razor to shave with. Didn't know Cali but he looked like a man that paid attention to details, someone who did things like they should have been done.

What a fan he was. Came on board during the death penalty.

That's sad news, RIP California Cajun, I'm going to miss your posts.

A true legend..he will be missed. I'm a year older, it's a shock to the system for me

RIP Cali. Although I did not know you personally I Enjoyed your posts throughout the years. I hope to see you on that side one day!
    Geaux Cajuns!

We will miss you Cali. He loved being at Cajun Field especially the Eauque. He worked a lot and missed many games because of his work schedule, but he spent countless hours working behind the scenes on the early message boards. Cali is gone, but not forgotten. RIP

Nice post for California Cajun from a Monrovian over on the belch forum.

http://csnbbs.com/thread-837076.html

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Very sorry to hear of John's passing. My prayers go out to his family during this tough time. Cali posted on this site with pure class and dignity toward his fellow Cajun fan friends. He will be missed. I like the idea of Turbine retiring California Cajun and Gator Grunt usernames. I read "Cajun Gator" in the earlier post on this... aren't we talking about Randy Breaux (Gator Grunt)?

Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    Nice post for California Cajun from a Monrovian over on the belch forum.

http://csnbbs.com/thread-837076.html
    John always made it a point to be a peacemaker between UL fans and ULM and McNeese fans. Use to p*ss me off!! LOL! He was a mild mannered, dude. Never had a cross word for anyone. RIP my friend!!

Z

Very sorry to hear of Cali's passing. Deepest sympathies to his family. Always appreciated his posts on RP. He will be missed.

RIP. Condolences.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Very sorry to hear of John's passing. My prayers go out to his family during this tough time. Cali posted on this site with pure class and dignity toward his fellow Cajun fan friends. He will be missed. I like the idea of Turbine retiring California Cajun and Gator Grunt usernames. I read "Cajun Gator" in the earlier post on this... aren't we talking about Randy Breaux (Gator Grunt)?
    Fixing it, thanks

Just seeing this. Deeply saddened to read of this man's passing. John was a fine human being, and one of the first to gather under the oak tree. If I recall correctly, John first posted as California Cajun on CDeb's Cajuns Illustrated forum two decades ago. Hanging around under that tree a half mile from the stadium, offering, as previously mentioned in this thread, unsolicited mild-mannered comments about everything from the state of Louisiana athletics to the state of stadium restrooms to shaving, John found us because he was a computer geek. His voice, online and in person, was quiet and strong. His Delphi board moderation was an extension of that voice. He was magnanimous, fair-minded, but not the kind of guy you wanted to mess with. He let the hammer drop instantly on idiots and interlopers, and was ever-vigilant on that board. I often wondered if he slept. Those of us who chanced to meet him never questioned his commitment to UL athletics. He was a true fan. RIP, Cali. You will be missed.

I probably met John somewhere these past 44 years since enrolling at USL, would bet a fair amount that I know his face too. Will always remember Keg dwellers. RIP John.

RIP CC!! Only met him once at tailgate a few years ago. Always a voice of reason on here and truly respectful of all posters. Leaves us WAY too soon

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast