Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Any Chance our new coach would want to run something different besides the spread offense?

Default Any Chance our new coach would want to run something different besides the spread offense?

Seems to me if we want to really make a big stride forward we have to do something different than what everybody else is doing.

Let's face it, the QBs we've been able to get lately just haven't been getting the job done. Sure it may be due to coaching but a lot of it has to do with who we can actually get to come here. Our last successful QB (Broadway) was a transfer.

If we were to decide to do something different on offense, we would have a much bigger talent pool more realistically available to us.

Probably lots of good drop back passers out there that nobody else wants.

Default Re: Any Chance our new coach would wnat to run something different besides the spread offense?

Damn was hoping for the usual "let's run the triple option" thread.

Default Re: Any Chance our new coach would wnat to run something different besides the spread offense?

Quote Originally Posted by ultracajun View Post
    Seems to me if we want to really make a big stride forward we have to do something different than what everybody else is doing.

Let's face it, the QBs we've been able to get lately just haven't been getting the job done. Sure it may be due to coaching but a lot of it has to do with who we can actually get to come here. Are last successful QB (Broadway) was a transfer.

If we were to decide to do something different on offense, we would have a much bigger talent pool more realistically available to us.

A good coach will get talent that fits his system regardless of what that system is. You see teams having success at the G5 level running pro style systems, spread, and triple option. It's all about making sure that you are recruiting guys that fit and developing them.

Levi Lewis is the type of QB we should target here. Undersized yes but his skill set seems to be there. If he were 6 2 he would not be At LA. Gauthier was similar. Of course Blane flourished as a RS junior so there might not be that much time for Lewis if he graduates and leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    Levi Lewis is the type of QB we should target here. Undersized yes but his skill set seems to be there. If he were 6 2 he would not be At LA. Gauthier was similar. Of course Blane flourished as a RS junior so there might not be that much time for Lewis if he graduates and leaves.
    If Sumlin agrees to be our coach, he convinces Shea Patterson to come back home and run our offense. Light the stat sheet up. Patterson does not have to sit out a year....

Ok, now y'all can call me delusional

Default Re: Any Chance our new coach would want to run something different besides the spread offense?

Do we have to sacrifice the big pro style QB, just because of where we are in the pecking order?

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    If Sumlin agrees to be our coach, he convinces Shea Patterson to come back home and run our offense. Light the stat sheet up. Patterson does not have to sit out a year....

Pellerin or Patterson?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Pellerin or Patterson?
    Either one.

Default Re: Any Chance our new coach would want to run something different besides the spread offense?

Bring back the I-formation.

Quote Originally Posted by ultracajun View Post

Let's face it, the QBs we've been able to get lately just haven't been getting the job done. Sure it may be due to coaching but a lot of it has to do with who we can actually get to come here. Our last successful QB (Broadway) was a transfer.

Win. That's what he needs to do. Win. What are you suggesting for "different"? Running this year's offense with more consistency and routes along the seams would be a start.

Patterson was rumored to be locked in on Michigan.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Patterson was rumored to be locked in on Michigan.
    Yea...
    But that would be before we hired Sumlin..

Blog Entries

wish bone.. joking of course

Yea...
    What does Sumlin have to do with him?

What does Sumlin have to do with him?
    Sumlin will woo him to Louisiana.. The prodigal son returning to lead his Cajuns to the Rose Bowl..

Sumlin will woo him to Louisiana.. The prodigal son returning to lead his Cajuns to the Rose Bowl..
    LOL, again this has more to do with not a negative thought process but more of reality. To a previous SEC QB, I think going play for a QB whisperer like Harbaugh and in the big house is more attractive to a kid looking to get drafted than our situation even if its for Sumlin.

LOL, again this has more to do with not a negative thought process but more of reality. To a previous SEC QB, I think going play for a QB whisperer like Harbaugh and in the big house is more attractive to a kid looking to get drafted than our situation even if its for Sumlin.
    I'm obviously kidding.. But I'd play for Sumlin over Harbaugh in a second.

Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    wish bone.. joking of course
    Don't joke.

ANY offense besides the Spread that everybody is running, if run well, will get wins.

If I were a young man in college with aspirations to be a head football coach one day, I would have a tough time deciding between an Air Raid/Pro Set passing offense or a Flex Bone/Zone Read Option offense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Don't joke.

ANY offense besides the Spread that everybody is running, if run well, will get wins.

If I were a young man in college with aspirations to be a head football coach one day, I would have a tough time deciding between an Air Raid/Pro Set passing offense or a Flex Bone/Zone Read Option offense.
    JUst researched flex bone offence. intriguing

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Yea...
    MAT... just stepped back into the thread. Have we landed Sumlin? I know you guaranteed we would. I'm counting on you brother.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast