Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Any Chance our new coach would want to run something different besides the spread offense?

Default Re: Any Chance our new coach would wnat to run something different besides the spread offense?

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    MAT... just stepped back into the thread. Have we landed Sumlin? I know you guaranteed we would. I'm counting on you brother.
    I'm working the phones. I have a new ace-in-the-hole in BBK's wife.. We'll see what we can get done.

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Any Chance our new coach would wnat to run something different besides the spread offense?

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I'm working the phones. I have a new ace-in-the-hole in BBK's wife.. We'll see what we can get done.
    I've added him to my list that guarantee Sumlin as the next UL head coach. I saw where he bragged that he was extremely tight with Sumlin's wife... and that she winked and nodded that Sumlin was trying to become a Cajun.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    I've added him to my list that guarantee Sumlin as the next UL head coach. I saw where he bragged that he was extremely tight with Sumlin's wife... and that she winked and nodded that Sumlin was trying to become a Cajun.
    We need to feed the man. That's our best chance IMO.

Maybe we should all get together and send him a box of Boudin from Don's and Best Stop to go along with a couple of Po-Boy's from Ole Tyme!

BeauCajun is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    Maybe we should all get together and send him a box of Boudin from Don's and Best Stop to go along with a couple of Po-Boy's from Ole Tyme!
    He'd look like Fat Albert once we're done with him. Hey hey hey.

Cajun Care package. I'm in. Welcome home coach!

Nahhh
    Send him some billy's boudin balls and roll ups

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Do we have to sacrifice the big pro style QB, just because of where we are in the pecking order?
    Was thinking the same thing...

Default Re: Any Chance our new coach would want to run something different besides the spread offense?

Boudin and football. Only on Raginpagin

Default Re: Any Chance our new coach would want to run something different besides the spread offense?

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    JUst researched flex bone offence. intriguing
    It's a very basic offense it's good for teams that don't have much talent because it's exploits teams that are not fundamentally sounds (why it killed us the last 2 games) .. however if you get down 2 scores it's tough to come back beaucse it's such a slow offense 3-4 yards a play another knock is that you need quick guards big tackles that are light on their feet and a center that can get to the Second level and take out weakside.. like everything it has its pros and cons

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    It's a very basic offense it's good for teams that don't have much talent because it's exploits teams that are not fundamentally sounds (why it killed us the last 2 games) .. however if you get down 2 scores it's tough to come back beaucse it's such a slow offense 3-4 yards a play another knock is that you need quick guards big tackles that are light on their feet and a center that can get to the Second level and take out weakside.. like everything it has its pros and cons
    With our 2 freshman rb"s that could reak havoc

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    With our 2 freshman rb"s that could reak havoc
    We dont have the line for it we are built for a spread offense

That was exactly my thought too. Boudin, crawfish etoufee, a flounder dinner at Riverside, just to name a few.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    That was exactly my thought too. Boudin, crawfish etoufee, a flounder dinner at Riverside, just to name a few.
    Never feed an offensive minded coach "flounder"

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Never feed an offensive minded coach "flounder"
    Good point. I'll eat the flounder and he can have the crab dinner.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    Good point. I'll eat the flounder and he can have the crab dinner.
    Good choice!

Claw his way to victory.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Good choice!

Claw his way to victory.
    A pincher-like defense.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2