Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Head Coach (hopes)

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    South Alabama: Central Arkansas head coach Steve Campbell will be the new head coach at South Alabama, sources tell FootballScoop.

Posted a few mintues ago.
    That's a good hire. Has won at every level.

Default Re: New Head Coach (hopes)

South Alabama: Central Arkansas head coach Steve Campbell will be the new head coach at South Alabama, sources tell FootballScoop.

Posted a few mintues ago.
    Good hire for them but they duffed on 2 program changing hires

basinbear is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

The APC and adjoining Indoor facility are not average.....the Stadium is....

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Facilities

Definitely above average. Kids interested in P5 APC, indoors practice facility still one few teams have. Press box bad. No, we're not recruiting cameramen.

Skill Players: I'm down with the running backs, wide receivers. Need proven QB, but that's the norm for 90% if teams needing a proven QB

Salary, head coach one of the top in G5
    Budget: Football budget again one of the best in G 5
    Recruiting Talent: One of the richest in the country, yes we haven't gotten our fair share, but that's on the coach

basinbear is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post

Facilities

Definitely above average. Kids interested in P5 APC, indoors practice facility still one few teams have. Press box bad. No, we're not recruiting cameramen.

Skill Players: I'm down with the running backs, wide receivers. Need proven QB, but that's the norm for 90% if teams needing a proven QB

Salary, head coach one of the top in G5
    Budget: Football budget again one of the best in G 5
    Recruiting Talent: One of the richest in the country, yes we haven't gotten our fair share, but that's on the coach
    The stadium is the players last priority. The fact is they will spent most of their careers in that APC, indoor facility and the practice fields.....the Stadium looks good to them when coming out of the tunnel with 30+ thousand fans cheering them on.....

Getting the feeling (based on what several people are saying) that Maggard will not go the direction of anyone with baggage. I'd be fine with Briles, but I get it.

The more I dig on Josh Henson, the more I like the guy. I really like him actually. My only pause is why he hasn't gotten a HC job already? The guy's resume is dope.
    Josh Henson was a finalist for the Houston job last year.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun tom View Post
    Josh Henson was a finalist for the Houston job last year.
    No, no he wasn't but it does sound good

If you have never seen the inside of the APC and our IPC it is top notch on and above par most P5 schools.... our stadium, lack of winning championships, athletic budget, and game atmosphere is where we lack the most..... all those deficiencies can be fixed.... we are a program able to achieve AAC affiliation....Now we just have to make the right hire!

I am definitely not as negative as RRM, but he has a point on talent and money. We have almost no talent other than at the WR/TE/RB position. A few other guys are legit starters, but over half of the starting positions are held by seniors or struggling players. The money situation is also tough. We are bottom quartile in budget. Frankly it is amazing how many competitive teams we field with the lack of money and exposure. In some way the new TV deals will help us because all the G5 schools will have similar ____ty TV deals like the SBC.
    RRM is 100% wrong on the facilities. They are a huge positive for our school and are not an impediment to winning.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    I am definitely not as negative as RRM, but he has a point on talent and money. We have almost no talent other than at the WR/TE/RB position. A few other guys are legit starters, but over half of the starting positions are held by seniors or struggling players. The money situation is also tough. We are bottom quartile in budget. Frankly it is amazing how many competitive teams we field with the lack of money and exposure. In some way the new TV deals will help us because all the G5 schools will have similar ____ty TV deals like the SBC.
    RRM is 100% wrong on the facilities. They are a huge positive for our school and are not an impediment to winning.
    RRM doesn't know his ___ from a hole in the ground..

RRM doesn't know his ___ from a hole in the ground..
    Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    Dan Wolken‏Verified account @DanWolkenFollowingFollowing
    @DanWolken

More

As if there wasn't enough Tennessee news... former Vols coach Derek Dooley has surfaced as a person of interest in the Louisiana-Lafayette search, I'm told.

From tech message board

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post

As if there wasn't enough Tennessee news... former Vols coach Derek Dooley has surfaced as a person of interest in the Louisiana-Lafayette search, I'm told.

From tech message board
    "Interest" has to be a 2-way street, not a 1-lane shell driveway.

Scott just said on radio that the Dooley rumor not true.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    I won't be shocked....one thing that I'm hearing on "the coaching network" is this now is a job worth pursuing....vast improvement in facilities, salary improvement and football operating budget not only at the top of the belt but comparable to many AAC members.....and I don't think we are going to "go cheap" on this thing....I'm very encouraged....
    Thats great news.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CajunPride View Post
    Scott just said on radio that the Dooley rumor not true.
    It isn't now, nor will it be for UL!

If Derek Dooley is the AD/FB coach that refuse to play the Cajuns in the Indy Bowl and is now interested in the position as the Ragin Cajun head coach, we would be better off keeping Hud.

The source of the DD rumor was a seedy looking guy in an old blue van that has been hanging around Ruston elementary schools. He has a half dead starving dog chained to the back bumper. When asked about the dog, he stated that he "don't never drive very fast."

That's good crawfish

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    Dan Wolken‏Verified account @DanWolkenFollowingFollowing
    @DanWolken

More

From tech message board
    100% lie. Agent probably called Wolken and asked him to get Dooley's name in the news. Everyone knows the game by now.

100% lie. Agent probably called Wolken and asked him to get Dooley's name in the news. Everyone knows the game by now.
    So when Maggard told you it was 100% lie did you atleast ask him who the top 3 is right now?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast