Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Head Coach (hopes)

UL Football New Head Coach (hopes)

I'm surprised at the choices some P5 universities have made in replacing their head coaches. Arkansas has hired SMU's head coach Chad Morris. They're giving $millions to a guy that has put up a record of 14 wins vs 22 losses in three seasons at SMU. It's apretty bold move if you ask me, but apparently Arkansas wanted someone that can install a dynamic offense, and they'll get that in Morris.

I hope UL makes a bold hire as well. We need a head coach that knows how to run an offense and score lots of points. The Sun Belt Conference is always won by teams with very potent offenses.

basinbear is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    I'm surprised at the choices some P5 universities have made in replacing their head coaches. Arkansas has hired SMU's head coach Chad Morris. They're giving $millions to a guy that has put up a record of 14 wins vs 22 losses in three seasons at SMU. It's apretty bold move if you ask me, but apparently Arkansas wanted someone that can install a dynamic offense, and they'll get that in Morris.

I hope UL makes a bold hire as well. We need a head coach that knows how to run an offense and score lots of points. The Sun Belt Conference is always won by teams with very potent offenses.
    My guy feeling is that you will get your wish

I hate you! Got me all excited to see who the head coach was. Of course wifi sucked so it took 1 minute to load so excitement built up only to see this

Default Re: New Head Coach (hopes)

Arkansas has a history of reaching for hires. People think because Ark is in the SEC it's a desirable job. It isn't. Having said that, I think Chad Morris has a chance to be a really good coach. SMU was a grease fire, for years. They put together a respectable season with high octane offense that last 2 years. I don't necessarily think it's a bad hire.

cajun4life is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

If you want high flying offense, then we just got to hold our noses and hire Kendal Briles.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    If you want high flying offense, then we just got to hold our noses and hire Kendal Briles.
    Getting the feeling (based on what several people are saying) that Maggard will not go the direction of anyone with baggage. I'd be fine with Briles, but I get it.

The more I dig on Josh Henson, the more I like the guy. I really like him actually. My only pause is why he hasn't gotten a HC job already? The guy's resume is dope.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Arkansas has a history of reaching for hires. People think because Ark is in the SEC it's a desirable job. It isn't. Having said that, I think Chad Morris has a chance to be a really good coach. SMU was a grease fire, for years. They put together a respectable season with high octane offense that last 2 years. I don't necessarily think it's a bad hire.
    Morris took over a 0-12 team that had ZERO talent. And has them in a bowl game in his 3rd year. He's done an outstanding job there. And he's leaving that program in really good shape, although I have a friend who's future son in law is a starter there, and he said that a coupe of SMUs better players may follow Morris to Arky.

cajun4life is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Getting the feeling (based on what several people are saying) that Maggard will not go the direction of anyone with baggage. I'd be fine with Briles, but I get it.

The more I dig on Josh Henson, the more I like the guy. I really like him actually. My only pause is why he hasn't gotten a HC job already? The guy's resume is dope.
    Im so far removed from what's going on, I don't really have any good sense of who is really in the running.

i think everyone will be pleasantly surprised by the hire

Quote Originally Posted by RcL8 View Post
    i think everyone will be pleasantly surprised by the hire
    Pleasantly? Or full on, cardiac arrest shocked?

basinbear is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I won't be shocked....one thing that I'm hearing on "the coaching network" is this now is a job worth pursuing....vast improvement in facilities, salary improvement and football operating budget not only at the top of the belt but comparable to many AAC members.....and I don't think we are going to "go cheap" on this thing....I'm very encouraged....

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    I won't be shocked....one thing that I'm hearing on "the coaching network" is this now is a job worth pursuing....vast improvement in facilities, salary improvement and football operating budget not only at the top of the belt but comparable to many AAC members.....and I don't think we are going to "go cheap" on this thing....I'm very encouraged....
    That is good news. It is one thing for us to think this is a good opportunity but it is another thing for the coaching world to believe it is a good opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Bankruptcyman View Post
    That is good news. It is one thing for us to think this is a good opportunity but it is another thing for the coaching world to believe it is a good opportunity.
    Coaches want:

-Talent already on the roster
    -Facilities to improve their players
    -Fertile recruiting grounds
    -To work for a admin with a clue
    -Money

And not in the order.. We have all of that.

I am encouraged.

Coaches want:

-Money

I think the talent already on the roster is pretty shallow. Maybe it's better than what has actually shown up on the playing field on game days, but our new coach is going to have his work cut out for him.

I think the talent already on the roster is pretty shallow. Maybe it's better than what has actually shown up on the playing field on game days, but our new coach is going to have his work cut out for him.
    Defensively yes, but offensively we just need help on the line. All of our skill players are coming back.

Coaches want:

-Money

When you mention money, are you suggesting that the offered salary will be higher than what Hud was making? That would exceed my expectations and get me back very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripple Threat View Post
    When you mention money, are you suggesting that the offered salary will be higher than what Hud was making? That would exceed my expectations and get me back very quickly.
    I think his base might be smaller 600k-700k, but incentives will push it to 1.2-1.5 mill .. Softball contract is very similar

Blog Entries

There will be a large exit of starters and contributors on the defensive side of the football. They will have to sign JC's to fill the gaps. On the offensive side of the football, the skill positions are loaded with questions at QB. The offensive line is good up the middle, but both tackles are graduating. They will also need to recruit a punter as well.

South Alabama: Central Arkansas head coach Steve Campbell will be the new head coach at South Alabama, sources tell FootballScoop.

Posted a few mintues ago.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast