Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Basketball Survey

Default Basketball Survey

I know it's all about the football situation, but please take time and give feedback to the athletic department regarding basketball...

I let them know about the outrageous concession prices... There is a "box" at the end where you can offer suggestions and comments...

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BBallGame1Survey

Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Basketball Survey

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    I know it's all about the football situation, but please take time and give feedback to the athletic department regarding basketball...

I let them know about the outrageous concession prices... There is a "box" at the end where you can offer suggestions and comments...

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BBallGame1Survey
    I completed the survey and also mentioned the prices. I commented that I rarely (almost never) buy any food or drink at the Dome.

VObserver is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I completed the survey and also mentioned the prices. I commented that I rarely (almost never) buy any food or drink at the Dome.
    I just did the same. I told them I avoid concessions at the Dome like the plague!

I mention costs in Cajundome as well.

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Are concessions something UL controls? That money all goes to the Contrator and the Cajun Dome gets their cut.

When the dome set their prices, they did it comparable to other Southern arenas like the Superdome, etc... That might work fine for concerts... But for Cajun Basketball, IMHO, the standard should be football/baseball/softball concessions - run by Sudexo. The dome should be able to match their prices and still make more of a profit. I would venture to bet they would make and sell more under those lower prices. I avoid Cajundome concessions as much as possible - except for Vic's peanuts... but I need something to wash them down...

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

From my old
    Marketing professor. Prices should be set to maximize revenue. If they lowered prices across the board by how much would it maximize their revenue?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    From my old
    Marketing professor. Prices should be set to maximize revenue. If they lowered prices across the board by how much would it maximize their revenue?
    There is only one way to find out...

Blog Entries

From my old
    There is a limit to human consumption but a 50% drop in price could easily lead to a 6 fold increase in sales and a 25% increase in attendance.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
    Same here. I'm a season ticket holder and was not aware of this.

RaginScotsman is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Positive: I saw the inside of the dome last week for the first time since the renovation. Very impressive. They did an an incredible job making look like a big time arena.

Negative: The survey asked about the smoke machines and I commented that they looked a little cheap and forced. Maybe that was just my impression.

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    When the dome set their prices, they did it comparable to other Southern arenas like the Superdome, etc... That might work fine for concerts... But for Cajun Basketball, IMHO, the standard should be football/baseball/softball concessions - run by Sudexo. The dome should be able to match their prices and still make more of a profit. I would venture to bet they would make and sell more under those lower prices. I avoid Cajundome concessions as much as possible - except for Vic's peanuts... but I need something to wash them down...
    Concerts the beer is double the cost. I don't know how many have gone out lately but to get a 12oz beer down town these days is $4-$5 bucks.

Frenchie35 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Look my friends, I don't buy concessions at basketball games for one reason. TO HIGH IN PRICE. Revenue and attendance dropped at football games, so what did they do, fired the coach (equivalent to lowering the prices)........At the dome, what you do, stay away for the concessions for a period of time and see what that creates, a bunch of head scratching trying to figure out what the hell is going on....Might surprise some, could just take one game for them to figure it out...What would you rather sell for profit, 40 at $5 = $200 or 100 at $2.50 = $250....

Blog Entries

Price can be a lockout.

A lot of people won't watch entertainment in a virtual desert.

UL Basketball Re: Basketball Survey

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    There is a limit to human consumption but a 50% drop in price could easily lead to a 6 fold increase in sales and a 25% increase in attendance.
    I'm pretty sure most people are like me, they get and consume what they want. Prices at the level they're at doesn't influence my purchases. If I had a gang of 3-4 kids it would. I'd be sure that they weren't hungry or thirsty. But then I'd say why go at all if y'all can't experience the trip in a fun manner.

They'd make a lot more with much cheaper prices I think. They should try it this season with a good on court product helping.

What's the favorite part of the game day experience?

I foolishly responded, the game.

Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I'm pretty sure most people are like me, they get and consume what they want. Prices at the level they're at doesn't influence my purchases. If I had a gang of 3-4 kids it would. I'd be sure that they weren't hungry or thirsty. But then I'd say why go at all if y'all can't experience the trip in a fun manner.

They'd make a lot more with much cheaper prices I think. They should try it this season with a good on court product helping.

Another reason I don't get concessions at the Dome is I don't want to miss any on court action.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Another reason I don't get concessions at the Dome is I don't want to miss any on court action.
    I mentioned this. With the cociere service being introduced at baseball, why cabt something similiar be done in basketball.

basinbear is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by reddot View Post
    What's the favorite part of the game day experience?

I foolishly responded, the game.
    Lol....I did the same...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast