Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Burnt Roux: Aleah Craighton to Arizona

Default Re: Burnt Roux: Aleah Craighton to Arizona

If she was in the foxhole.. Yes.

If you read that Facebook post, Mike is questioning Dr. Savoie on the status of several issues and whether or not he has addressed some other "perceived" issues within the University. I don't know what the answers are to those questions, but it is obvious that Dr. Savoie has taken care of one of the biggest problems at UL, that being the "former" Coach of the Softball team!

CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    If she was in the foxhole.. Yes.
    Oklahoma's foxhole?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Oklahoma's foxhole?
    I'm not following your line of questioning there Amos...

I'm not following your line of questioning there Amos...
    Just wondering if folks who transfer out are traitors but those who transfer in are OK?

Just wondering if folks who transfer out are traitors but those who transfer in are OK?
    Ok with me? Absolutely. I'm a Ragin Cajun. I want people that want to be Ragin Cajuns.. If you aint us, bleep you..

Ok with me? Absolutely. I'm a Ragin Cajun. I want people that want to be Ragin Cajuns.. If you aint us, bleep you..
    K

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Softball Re: Burnt Roux: Aleah Craighton to Arizona

She's fine with me. She's probably fine with OK fans because she wasn't a starter there anymore. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't wish their all world pitcher great luck if she'd have transferred to say Florida.
    Clearly you're confused. When they leave you for somebody else for any reason they've rejected you. Definitely welcome to new girl isn't hypocritical.

If someone left for more playing time, I'd feel the same way. They've abandoned us. Don't care what happens to them. Their call not ours.

If anyone had any doubts that Lotief is a wingnut and a basket case, can they still? Good riddance to bad rubbish.

I do not follow softball and have not followed this saga very closely, but Lotief looks and sounds like a complete whack job. Was he always like this and we where just blinded by having a nationally recognized program?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    I do not follow softball and have not followed this saga very closely, but Lotief looks and sounds like a complete whack job. Was he always like this and we where just blinded by having a nationally recognized program?
    I think as long as he was winning people tolerated him. Until of course he got too big for his britches then his act got old.

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    When you say "we", do you mean fans or the administration? I don't think many fans knew about the allegations that got him in hot water with the university... so there was no need to "look the other way". He was the coach over a successful program.

As for the administration, I think Scott Farmer dealt with him and wasn't the least bit impressed. Dr. Savoie was probably only aware of his antics with Scott... and since he didn't view Scott as a juggernaut AD... wasn't willing to back him up. If none of the athletes (or staff) were alerting Dr. Savoie to explicit behavior... he likely had little on his desk to evaluate... other than the W-L record of Michael Lotief.

Once the former athletes and trainer gave written testimony to the administration... there was little left for the university to do. As much as it troubles everyone, I completely understand the minds of the athletes. I've seen this mentality before in other walks of life. I saw it with a friend of mine's very dominate, but abusive, father. I saw it with a church preacher.

People that get pulled into a relationship with a dominating figure... who usually cleverly utilizes a "it's us against the world" method of developing his very tight bond with his flock... even when it's obvious to everyone else that an unhealthy bond has formed... even very good people in that flock see it very differently. I see the complexity of this situation. I don't like it. But I see it.

✊🏻✊🏻✊🏻

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

It's more complicated than that. We've had people leave UL football because they were too far down on a depth chart and saw the reality of their situation. We didn't call them traitors for leaving. Almost no UL fan saw Brooks Haack leaving our football team as being a "traitor". So, even some outgoing athletes are not traitors.

This situation with premier softball players leaving us is also complicated. I don't have to call them a traitor to end the deal. I think Glasco came in knowing he'd have some defections. It is what it is. People are going to be surprised by the athletes that stay and step up... along with those that join our program.

There are some softball feeder systems that just switched to being UL supporters. I know this for a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    It's more complicated than that. We've had people leave UL football because they were too far down on a depth chart and saw the reality of their situation. We didn't call them traitors for leaving. Almost no UL fan saw Brooks Haack leaving our football team as being a "traitor". So, even some outgoing athletes are not traitors.

This situation with premier softball players leaving us is also complicated. I don't have to call them a traitor to end the deal. I think Glasco came in knowing he'd have some defections. It is what it is. People are going to be surprised by the athletes that stay and step up... along with those that join our program.

There are some softball feeder systems that just switched to being UL supporters. I know this for a fact.
    I wouldn't expect any different. Coach Glasco is very well know and have a very good national reputation. I would expect our recruiting would improve, especially pitching, as I think he'll have access to players that wouldn't have signed with us with Coach Lotief here. Lotief many times recruited for what he saw as raw physical ability rather than a more finished product and I think that won't be that case with Coach Glasco. We've always struggled with recruiting pitching, and I think that will improve. I'm all about the success of all UL sports, but I've never been a fan of dissing players, either on or off the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    If you read that Facebook post, Mike is questioning Dr. Savoie on the status of several issues and whether or not he has addressed some other "perceived" issues within the University. I don't know what the answers are to those questions, but it is obvious that Dr. Savoie has taken care of one of the biggest problems at UL, that being the "former" Coach of the Softball team!
    I'm on the road. Can someone archive that page? That'll make for interesting bathroom reading.

Blog Entries

One big cry baby... putrid . GEAUX away!!! You were not important when you were here. Now your relegated to joke status.. SO much for your history.

Spoke to a big softball supporter last night. Their take is Mike had to be fired because they were scared of the trainer filing a lawsuit.

Well duh. But heard another interesting comment. Hud's buyout? Any chance it came from RCAF one time naming rights money?

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Well duh. But heard another interesting comment. Hud's buyout? Any chance it came from RCAF one time naming rights money?
    So what if it did? The money isn't permanently restricted so it's free to be used for any purpose within the athletic department.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast