Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: This Search is Tight Lipped

cajun4life is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default This Search is Tight Lipped

I'm over in the anus of the world. I need some credible names aside from the ones the media has thrown out their which IMO would all be fall backs.

I know of Canada's interest and Brent Pry. But who else is legitimaly being vetted by Maggert?

basinbear is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: This Search is Tight Lipped

He has a list and a lot of interest being shown in this job......this is going to be real interesting.....and I don't have one clue who's he's talking to....lol....but you guys just know I'm making phone calls....

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    I'm over in the anus of the world. I need some credible names aside from the ones the media has thrown out their which IMO would all be fall backs.

I know of Canada's interest and Brent Pry. But who else is legitimaly being vetted by Maggert?
    Best of luck to all of you down there.

I want Matt Canada. He's had immediate success every single place he's coached. He is responsible for making Northern Illinois a household name in college football a few years back bringing them to a big bowl game and 11-3 record with a top 12 offense. Then he went to NC State a few years and coached them up to a top 15 offense with back to back bowl games. Then on to Pitt where he had a top 10 offense and even gave Clemson their only loss that year. He's now at LSU and under appreciated by Coach O who claims Canada is a tough guy to work with.

To me, when I hear someone is tough to work with, it usually means it's cause that person demands a lot and might just be outworking your ___. If he's tough to work with, maybe it's cause he likes calling the shots and he would be perfect as a head coach where he can demand and expect only the best out of his assistant coaches and players.

This guy is a PROVEN WINNER and I believe he'd be just the right amount of a "name splash" hire to get those "house divided LSU/UL" supporters to come back to the stadium and open up their check books to the RCAF. Make no mistake, we need those fans back too, not just the diehards.

Hire this man, get him in the building, and watch the wins and money pour in.

Dr. Maggard said in the press conference when he announced that Coach Hud had been "relieved of his duties" that after the conclusion of the press conference, he would not comment further on the search until he actually makes the announcement of the hiring of the new Coach. He stated that unless it comes from his lips, everything else we may hear would be simply speculation and/or rumor!

When announced this hire may, or may not, be a big surprise. This will be sort of like waiting to open gifts at Christmas!!!

What are you doing in Lake Charles?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    What are you doing in Lake Charles?
    Funny: I was thinking he meant Shreveport or that area.

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    Funny: I was thinking he meant Shreveport or that area.
    My guess was Ruston. Lots of sh!+heads there.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun10 View Post
    I want Matt Canada. He's had immediate success every single place he's coached. He is responsible for making Northern Illinois a household name in college football a few years back bringing them to a big bowl game and 11-3 record with a top 12 offense. Then he went to NC State a few years and coached them up to a top 15 offense with back to back bowl games. Then on to Pitt where he had a top 10 offense and even gave Clemson their only loss that year. He's now at LSU and under appreciated by Coach O who claims Canada is a tough guy to work with.

To me, when I hear someone is tough to work with, it usually means it's cause that person demands a lot and might just be outworking your ___. If he's tough to work with, maybe it's cause he likes calling the shots and he would be perfect as a head coach where he can demand and expect only the best out of his assistant coaches and players.

This guy is a PROVEN WINNER and I believe he'd be just the right amount of a "name splash" hire to get those "house divided LSU/UL" supporters to come back to the stadium and open up their check books to the RCAF. Make no mistake, we need those fans back too, not just the diehards.

Hire this man, get him in the building, and watch the wins and money pour in.
    I'm not sold on the guy. I think he will be egotistical just like Hud.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolCajun123 View Post
    That's what I fear...sounds good on paper like RC10 posted, but look at Hudspeth...don't think it's a secret that he micro-managed and was difficult to work with.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    That's what I fear...sounds good on paper like RC10 posted, but look at Hudspeth...don't think it's a secret that he micro-managed and was difficult to work with.
    Hudspeth was never a coordinator at the FBS level, although he tried at UL on both sides of the football.

I'm over in the anus of the world. I need some credible names aside from the ones the media has thrown out there which IMO would all be fall backs.

I know of Canada's interest and Brent Pry. But who else is legitimately being vetted by Maggert?
    I would not trust anybody right now we all though the women from West Fl would be our next softball coach and Maggard pulled a 180 on us .. Fav part is when Maggard addressed it" some here though we would hire a D2 coach we are here to win championships "

basinbear is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I have had the feeling that we could be surprised by both the hire and his staff....jmo

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    I have had the feeling that we could be surprised by both the hire and his staff....jmo
    I am as well ..with the connections Maggard / Alden have its going to be a great day in Cajun country when they announce the hire

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Hudspeth was never a coordinator at the FBS level, although he tried at UL on both sides of the football.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeaux View Post
    Trust me people.

Vidor, TX.

No worse people in America.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeaux View Post
    Thought he was in Monroe.?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Trust me people.

Vidor, TX.

No worse people in America.
    YiKKKes. I don't even stop there for gas.

Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolCajun123 View Post
    Dude is one of the top 5 offensive minds in the country. Suck it up for a few years. Enjoy your New Years Day Bowl, and bring in the next guy.

I am sooooooo down for that.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Dude is one of the top 5 offensive minds in the country. Suck it up for a few years. Enjoy your New Years Day Bowl, and bring in the next guy.

I am sooooooo down for that.
    Pass

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast