Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New coaches salary

Blog Entries

Default Re: New coaches salary

Quote Originally Posted by fpc4life99 View Post
    http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances/

Most look even or positive here.
    There are a hand few of FBS programs that make money in college football. Most are losing money and have been bailed out be student fees and conference television money.

cajun4life is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    This is simply my opinion, but when I look at the winning programs in the SBC, MAC or CUSA the number seems to be between $600K to $700K plus incentives. To me that is a good place to start, providing we add more for the assistant's salaries. Any good coach is going to want to have more money to put together the staff he needs to be successful.
    That is the key. A competitive salary for the HC and to really compete at a high level the lower end assistants need to be paid very well in order to attract some very good position coaches.

There are a hand few of FBS programs that make money in college football. Most are losing money and have been bailed out be student fees and conference television money.
    Neither that we have. So where else do we get money to pay a coach or do we start around 500-600 thousand for a coach and tell them if you can bring an average of 40,000 to a game you can have an incentive bonus of 150,000?

Neither that we have. So where else do we get money to pay a coach or do we start around 500-600 thousand for a coach and tell them if you can bring an average of 40,000 to a game you can have an incentive bonus of 150,000?
    Best thing to do....let the AD handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    Best thing to do....let the AD handle it.
    YEP!

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances/

Most look even or positive here.
    I think that list is taking into account money derived from the state... you trying to tell me that ULM made more than they spent?

ULM Sun Belt $14,653,575 $14,617,004

Blog Entries

Are you certain that this president doesn't have money? You see that is a narrative that remains unproven when you look at the last two state audits. First, where does the majority of the money to run this athletic program come from? Supporters and Students! If he has not taken a dime from the state transfer, then he is sitting on that money period.

How did he find the extra money for a new softball coach and staff? The answer is, he has some funds available.

Are you certain that this president doesn't have money? You see that is a narrative that remains unproven when you look at the last two state audits. First, where does the majority of the money to run this athletic program come from? Supporters and Students! If he has not taken a dime from the state transfer, then he is sitting on that money period.

How did he find the extra money for a new softball coach and staff? The answer is, he has some funds available.
    Ok if your 100 percent positive, I'll believe you when we hire our next football coach at 1,000,000 salary.

Ok if your 100 percent positive, I'll believe you when we hire our next football coach at 1,000,000 salary.
    T never said we WOULD hire the next coach at that price.

Blog Entries

Well, I still haven't seen anything that has proven me wrong at this point. He just hired a new softball coach and added $100K to the salary line. Now he just fired a coach with a $1.5M buyout and his controller Jerry Luke Leblanc signed off on it. So, where is the money coming from?

I think you are worrying too much about something that will take care of itself. He didn't cheap hire a new softball coach and I don't think he will do it for a football coach. And he doesn't need to spend $1M to get that done.

Blog Entries

Are you saying we don't have the money? So Dr. Savoie fired his coach and has no money available to hire another right now?
    I don't know how staggered severance pay can be or for how long.

I do know that the pay of a new coach can be staggered and drawn out to the point they can agree to

ok

We have some money coming in from 5 bowls from the teams in the Belt. What is the approx amount each university gets that didn't go to a bowl?

CajunAmos is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    We have some money coming in from 5 bowls from the teams in the Belt. What is the approx amount each university gets that didn't go to a bowl?
    It's more than likely that the returns will be negative. The conference covers some of the losses.

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Football Re: New coaches salary

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    It's more than likely that the returns will be negative. The conference covers some of the losses.
    You have to look at things differently. If we're committed to having football we might lose a million. But if our hire a coach that reduces it to five hundred thousand you've made five hundred thousand because you're committed to football.

I'm not in the least worried about enough money to be competitive, bowl, no bowl.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2